Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby bb_ mom » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:30 pm

Math saga continues tomorrow. Will see what happens. Told him some questions are simple. He just needs to read carefully and not read words in question that are not there.

bb_ mom
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby buds » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:35 pm

icy_mama wrote:let's :slapshead: together. if he don't do well becos he doesn't know his work, at least i know what to do. my ds knows his work. his FT even said she was surprised at the results he turned out. i asked him why does he daydreams in class, he says cos teacher's teachings very boring. :slapshead:

Similar feedback from DD2's teacher. We only got to meet one. The form teacher. We both decided she was too complacent and the window seat was too comfortable for her. :evil: It was a great session. Concise. Constructive.. and best of all, there's conclusion. Never had this with any other FTs who have taken my girls' classes over the years. FT set a target for her to work towards and wants to really work with her to gear up for SA1. :love:

Conclusive ending was… "Your DD2.. she can wan lah. Don't worry."

Well, hopefully this is a good wake up call for her complacency got the better of her. She now realizes can't cruise along to get good grades anymore unlike the last 4 years. But all the teachers had high hopes on her precisely because they know she can. Well, let's see how it goes..

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:24 pm

bb_ mom wrote: He just needs to read carefully and not read words in question that are not there.

How did that happen?

Went through the Maths assessment book TA recommended last year with ah boy this afternoon. Knowing his temper, I prep him into doing the Thinking Skills n Revision at the end of 3 topics. Topic 1 thinking skill ok, topic 2 started to get irritated when the calculator showed error.

I find these days students hv an easy time can use calculator to input the whole string of algebraic expression into the calculator. Elder boy defended the usage as this is a thinking process.

Anyway I no help at all, just act as a facilitator n checker n motivator n scolder, hahahaha

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby bb_ mom » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:29 pm

He's currently working on fractions.

Eg. Mary baked some cookies. She gave 1/3 of the cookies to her friend. 1/4 was sold at a fun fair. At the end, she had 15 cookies left. How many cookies did she have at first.

DS will read as:
Mary baked some cookies. She gave 1/3 of the cookies to her friend. 1/4 of remainder was sold at a fun fair. At the end, she had 15 cookies left. How many cookies did she have at first.

Find the extra words that he added on his own? :slapshead:

By the way, don't try to solve the question. Nonsense cos I just made it up. :smile:

By the way, what math assessment did TA recommend?

bb_ mom
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:32 pm

bb_ mom wrote:He's currently working on fractions.

Eg. Mary baked some cookies. She gave 1/3 of the cookies to her friend. 1/4 was sold at a fun fair. At the end, she had 15 cookies left. How many cookies did she have at first.

DS will read as:
Mary baked some cookies. She gave 1/3 of the cookies to her friend. 1/4 of remainder was sold at a fun fair. At the end, she had 15 cookies left. How many cookies did she have at first.

Find the extra words that he added on his own? :slapshead:

By the way, don't try to solve the question. Nonsense cos I just made it up. :smile:

By the way, what math assessment did TA recommend?

Hahah, maybe the qn too similar to another one with the magic word.

The book is in the bedroom now. Offhand I also dun remember the title. Tell u tmr.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby bb_ mom » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:39 pm

You're right! Next question actually had the additional words. It's to show how the additional words make a world of difference. But no difference if DS adds the words himself...

bb_ mom
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:29 pm

Bou these PLU 4023 from the mkt this morning, super sweet n juicy. If the crunchiness can up one more notch, it would b perfect.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:52 pm

Bn passing by KAP these few days, kinda of weird to see an empty McD, no lights from CS and the big McD figurines gone.

Massive traffic jams awaits us :lightrod:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby icy_mama » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:08 pm

Jennifer wrote:Massive traffic jams awaits us :lightrod:

yeah, with so many constructions going on on that whole stretch of road. nightmare on BT road.

icy_mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:29 pm

We reviewed real numbers b4 dinner, ah boy did a few qns. *slap* he did not follow the order of operation rule to simplify the expression within brackets first, then made all careless mistakes.

Now doing another set of qns on the same topic. Hopefully he understood what I tried to teach.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres