Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Porky Pig » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:48 am

Jen, how is your wrist? Fully recovered now?

Porky Pig
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 4882
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:53 pm
Total Likes: 10


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Jennifer » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:29 am

Porky Pig wrote:Jen, how is your wrist? Fully recovered now?


PP, thanks for asking. The movement is definitely more flexible now, but somehow will feel sth not right once a while. Is this normal as a sign of weakness tendons?

Last Fri, elder boy arm wrestled with friend, kena sprained wrist. Brou him to see a tuina TCM at North Bridge Rd last Sat. Today 3rd appt.

Btw, were u the one who recommend Futuro?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25998
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Porky Pig » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:32 am

Jennifer wrote:
Porky Pig wrote:Jen, how is your wrist? Fully recovered now?


PP, thanks for asking. The movement is definitely more flexible now, but somehow will feel sth not right once a while. Is this normal as a sign of weakness tendons?

Last Fri, elder boy arm wrestled with friend, kena sprained wrist. Brou him to see a tuina TCM at North Bridge Rd last Sat. Today 3rd appt.

Btw, were u the one who recommend Futuro?


Hmmm, i have a love hate relationship with my left wrist for a while now. Felt the pain this morning so i tot of you. Yes i am the old that recommended Futuro. Why?

Porky Pig
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 4882
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:53 pm
Total Likes: 10


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Jennifer » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:35 am

Porky Pig wrote:
Jennifer wrote:
Porky Pig wrote:Jen, how is your wrist? Fully recovered now?


PP, thanks for asking. The movement is definitely more flexible now, but somehow will feel sth not right once a while. Is this normal as a sign of weakness tendons?

Last Fri, elder boy arm wrestled with friend, kena sprained wrist. Brou him to see a tuina TCM at North Bridge Rd last Sat. Today 3rd appt.

Btw, were u the one who recommend Futuro?


Hmmm, i have a love hate relationship with my left wrist for a while now. Felt the pain this morning so i tot of you. Yes i am the old that recommended Futuro. Why?


How do you deal with your left wrist prob? using Futuro?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25998
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Jennifer » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:36 am

Sharing the benefits of eating jackfruit

http://wiki-fitness.com/jackfruit-healt ... ion-facts/

Immunity: Jackfruit contains an excellent source of Vitamin C. With a high amount of Vitamin C, antioxidants it increases immune system function. It increases immunity to protect against common diseases like cough, cold and flu. Vitamin C also increases immune system function to protect from infections

Energy: Jackfruit contains high amount of carbohydrate and calorie. It contains a good amount of simple sugar like fructose and sucrose, thus provide a quick boost of energy. Also it has no cholesterol content. Thus it makes the jackfruit more safe and healthy food.

Protect from Cancer: Jackfruit is a rich source of antioxidants, phytonutrients and flavonoid that make it highly beneficial to protect from cancer. Jackfruit contains high amount of antioxidants which protects from oxygen free radicals. Free radicals are produced due to oxidative stress. These free radicals damages DNA of the cell and turns the normal cell into a cancer cell. But antioxidants neutralize these free radicals and acts as a shield to protect DNA from free radicals. Jackfruit protects from colon, lung and oral cavity cancer.

Maintain Blood Pressure: Jackfruit contains good amount of potassium. Potassium is required to maintain sodium level. Also high potassium is required to maintain fluid level i.e. to balance electrolyte. Thus it helps to lower high blood pressure and reduces the risk of stroke and heart attack.

Improve Digestion: Jackfruit contains good amount of dietary fiber which makes it bulk laxative. Thus it improves digestion and prevents constipation.

Colon Cancer: Jackfruit contains dietary fats which help to clean toxins from the colon. Thus it reduces the effects of toxin in the colon and protect from colon cancer.

Eye Health: Jackfruit contains Vitamin A, an important nutrient for eye health. It increases eye vision and protect from free radicals. As it is a rich source of other antioxidants, thus it is highly effective to prevent degeneration of the retina. So jackfruit protect from cataract and macular degeneration.

Skin Health and Ageing: Ageing is caused to natural factor like increase in age. But due to pollution, UV radiation and smoke ageing process has been stimulated at an early age and it is faster than natural. The main cause of ageing is free radical produced in our body due to high oxidative stress caused due to pollution. But antioxidants have proven to destroy these free radicals to slow the ageing process. It has also been found that people eating high antioxidant foods have slow ageing effect than natural. So jackfruit proves best food to slow the ageing process than natural. Also eating jackfruit keeps skin moisture level high and protect from skin diseases.

Asthma: Jackfruit has been proved beneficial to asthma patients.

Bone Health: Jackfruit contains high amount of calcium which strengthens and promotes healthy bone. Due to its rich calcium it proves best food to prevent osteoporosis. High potassium decreases the loss of calcium through kidney. So it increases calcium density in bone and strengthens it.

Anemia: Jackfruit contains vitamins like Vitamin A, C, E, K, niacin, folate, pantothenic acid, Vitamin B6 and minerals like copper, manganese and magnesium which are important for blood formation. Also due to rich Vitamin C, jackfruit increases body capacity to absorb iron. Thus it is effective to prevent and cure anemia.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25998
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121



Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Porky Pig » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:39 am

I sprained my left wrist while unloading my cabin bag from the aircraft. I will use a wrist support if i know that i will be having carrying heavy stuff otherwise i will just left it alone. I was advised to go for tui na or acupuncture but i am scared of needles so that kind of limited my options. If the weather is cold or any drastic change in weather, my wrist will act up.

Porky Pig
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 4882
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:53 pm
Total Likes: 10


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Jennifer » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:43 am

Porky Pig wrote:If the weather is cold or any drastic change in weather, my wrist will act up.


o dear. U b doing sth about it soon? U still young, dun wait till old age sets in n the issue becomes more intolerable.

:hugs:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25998
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Integer » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:44 am

Thanks Jennifer for the jackfruit info.

Didn't know jackfruit is so good. Normally will only buy from wet mkt if we're going to mil's place as she likes it.

P.S. Now you're my health channel. Hmm, still a bit bothered by my apple shape... but still I shared nasi-lemak with DH this morning...haha..

Integer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 3555
Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 7:50 am
Total Likes: 13


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Porky Pig » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:45 am

Jennifer wrote:
Porky Pig wrote:If the weather is cold or any drastic change in weather, my wrist will act up.


o dear. U b doing sth about it soon? U still young, dun wait till old age sets in n the issue becomes more intolerable.

:hugs:


Thanks Jen.

Porky Pig
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 4882
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:53 pm
Total Likes: 10


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Jennifer » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:52 am

Integer wrote:Thanks Jennifer for the jackfruit info.

Didn't know jackfruit is so good. Normally will only buy from wet mkt if we're going to mil's place as she likes it.

P.S. Now you're my health channel. Hmm, still a bit bothered by my apple shape... but still I shared nasi-lemak with DH this morning...haha..



Bn quite some time I last had nasi lemak *drooling* at the thought.

U bn to the Adam Rd Food Centre? I like that famous corner stall rice only. The chicken wing, I prefer the other stall- more crispy. But cannot order just rice from A and buy chicken wing from B :lol:

I am also learning to figure out what is best to eat, given that I am not young anymore. Learnt a hard lesson after CNY binge on pineapple tarts, watermelon and ice cream.

I love eating. Cant bear the thought of totally eliminating non-healthy food from my diet. Think moderation and exercise :wink:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25998
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121


PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres