Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby TheAnswer » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:35 pm

Jennifer wrote:
TheAnswer wrote:
Jennifer wrote:I wonder what will his real reaction be if I buy sth > $1000 like a massage chair or an exercise bike :wink:

Good ideas. But for you only. For me, I will get :spank: :spank: :spank:
My fleshy bum :torchme:

If uses your own $ to buy? also kena mah :lol:

I can use his money to buy but must discuss first. He also discuss with me before he buys IT products.

If I buy and use, no :spank:
If I buy and park there, :spank:

I have one exercise bike at home. I didn't use it for 3 weeks already. Hubby will start nagging soon :slapshead:

TheAnswer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:54 pm

The first flower that bloomed and withered, now a tiny winy blob at the centre

The website says to give plenty of fertilizers. I tried using the plant's leaves and stems. Seems insufficient - ultra slow growth.

Gave a tsp of organic fertilizers this morning. Hope to see it grow a little faster.

I am down to 7 pots each with 1 plant only to improve growth.

There is this thing on the plant. Been there for many days liao. Cant fathom what it is. It looks very different from the other flower buds. This one is unusually big and round.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Mon May 06, 2013 1:13 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=SG&hl=e ... YnfCH7LNcM

Perhaps love is like a resting place
A shelter from the storm
it exists to give you comfort
It is there to keep you warm
and in those times of trouble
When you are most alone
the memory of love will bring you home

Perhaps love is like a window
Perhaps an open door
it invites you to come close
It wants to show you more
nd even if you lose yourself
And don't know what to do
the memory of love will see you through

Oh, love to some is like a cloud
To some as strong as steel
for some a way of living
For some a way to feel
and some say love is holding on
Some say letting go, some say love is everything
And some say they don't know

Perhaps love is like the ocean full of conflict, full of pain
Like a fire when its cold outside or thunder when it rains
If I should live forever and all my dreams come true
My memories of love will be of you

And some say love is holding on
Some say letting go, some say love is everything
And some say they don't know

Perhaps love is like the mountains full of conflict, full of change
Like a fire when its cold outside or thunder when it rains
If I should live forever and all my dreams come true
My memories of love will be of you

Read more: JOHN DENVER - PERHAPS LOVE LYRICS

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Tue May 07, 2013 2:12 pm

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Re:

Postby MustKiasuParent » Fri May 31, 2013 10:43 am

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for your sharing. I am a newcomer here, trying to source a chinese tuition center around bukittimah for my DS in P4, as his SA1 result is very bad. I heard from my boy, some of his classmates were in hua cheng and did well. As I haven't ckecked myself, could you please share more about Hua Cheng w.r.t. teacher, material, size ... and how's your boy doing this term?

TIA
Jennifer wrote:
I_dont_have_a_username wrote:Hi, (I am a newbie)
I am a Primary 5 student and ...

Do you have any other good 'Chinese Improvement' Centres that you can recommend? (I go to HAN Language Centre, but I still am horrible, and it had not really helped me. Not saying that the tuition centre is horrible! Just saying that it didn't help me.)
Thanks a lot!
(By the way, if this is a little comfort to some very 'kiasu' parents that think their child is horrible even though they get a lot better than me, this is from the girl that failed Normal Chinese! and had less than 70% for my P4 total score percentage.)

Hi, my elder boy is sec 4 this year. Time flies o so quickly.

Are you doing HCL & NC or only NC?

I had sent my younger boy to Han Language when he was in P3. Did not see improvement after 2 terms. I felt that the school (which is Pei Hwa a SAP school) has higher than normal expectations. Not all tuition centres match the school's standard. Hence I pulled out my younger boy from Han Language and enrolled him into Hua Cheng. His P3 grades improved.

We continued with Hua Cheng in P4. Grades sort of maintained. But Chinese compo CMI. Towards the end of the year, I enrolled him in another centre, so he had 2 Chinese tuition in a week. End year result okok.

Come P5, we decided to discontinue all tuition since they do not seem to help much despite the long hours put in. Wrong decision big time. SA2 failed HCL.

To prepare for P6, I engaged a private tutor last Oct and sent him to Hua Cheng since Jan. Being better prepared this time, he made good progress in NC but but but still failed HCL by half mark.

The school has yet to inform us whether my younger boy can still continue with HCL for the rest of the year. Tmr is the Parents Meet Teachers day, dunno if we will be told of the school decision.

Having said the above, I do not think I am in any position to give you any recommendations.

Can just offer you words of encouragement.

MustKiasuParent
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Jennifer » Fri May 31, 2013 12:52 pm

MustKiasuParent wrote:Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for your sharing. I am a newcomer here, trying to source a chinese tuition center around bukittimah for my DS in P4, as his SA1 result is very bad. I heard from my boy, some of his classmates were in hua cheng and did well. As I haven't ckecked myself, could you please share more about Hua Cheng w.r.t. teacher, material, size ... and how's your boy doing this term?

TIA

Hi, my boy could not pass HCL this SA1. He think he wrote out of point for the compo. Paper 2 also did not make the passing mark.

He did well for the Normal Chinese oral and the Normal Chinese compo, hence overall Normal Chinese mark met expectation 75% although the paper 2 score was 69%

Is your child on a SAP school?

My boy is with Thomson Plaza Hua Cheng, not Bt Timah Plaza. So I cant give you any feedback if you r referring to Hua Cheng @ Bt Timah Plaza.

Hope you can find out more info from the parents of your child's classmate who are with the centre.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Thetrees123 » Fri May 31, 2013 5:11 pm

Parents who are looking for tutor to tackle ds or dd chinese compre & compo problem, i would like to recommend a good tutor in Upper Bukit Timah tuition centre. The tutor strong in knowledge and strong in motivate students to achieve best result. No harm trying because they provide trial lesson.
Pm me if you interested. Thanks

Thetrees123
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Imami » Fri May 31, 2013 10:40 pm

Jennifer wrote:
MustKiasuParent wrote:Hi Jennifer,

TIA

Hi, my boy could not pass HCL this SA1. He think he wrote out of point for the compo. Paper 2 also did not make the passing mark.

He did well for the Normal Chinese oral and the Normal Chinese compo, hence overall Normal Chinese mark met expectation 75% although the paper 2 score was 69%

Is your child on a SAP school?

My boy is with Thomson Plaza Hua Cheng, not Bt Timah Plaza. So I cant give you any feedback if you r referring to Hua Cheng @ Bt Timah Plaza.

Hope you can find out more info from the parents of your child's classmate who are with the centre.

Jennifer, how come your son is with Thomson hua cheng? I thought u stay at the western side? Quite a bit of travel to Thomson plaza right...

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:30 am

Imami wrote:Jennifer, how come your son is with Thomson hua cheng? I thought u stay at the western side? Quite a bit of travel to Thomson plaza right...

We now stay at Bt Timah Road. From our place to go to Thomson Plaza quite straight forward - take a bus to MacRitchie Res., then change bus to Thomson Plaza. Less than 30 mins journey. Sometimes, hubby sends us.

We were with Bt Timah HC during P4. Then I switched to my elder boy's tuition centre in P5, did not continue in P6 becos I see the teaching style not suitable for my younger boy. By then, Bt Timah HC has some changes - I heard the centre is now run by a group of full time tutors. I know no one there.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby icy_mama » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:35 am

hi jennifer

hope everything is fine with your fil. take care of yourself too.

have a good day.

icy_mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres