Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Jennifer » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:41 am

This morning I ate breakfast ard 7.30am. Now having a snack - 3 pieces of non sugar cream cracker and a cup of Nestum cereal with milk powder and Ovaltine. Lunch is likely to be late.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25998
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Jennifer » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:43 am

Saw TAKA Hokkaido food fair in the newspaper today.

Wonder whether the seafood ($17 onwards) hv sea urchin?

*drooling* at the thought of sea urchin :lol:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25998
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby bb_ mom » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:55 am

Is it really good? I'm afraid fishy & slimy taste so never tried before. Plus expensive too!

bb_ mom
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 8860
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:26 pm
Total Likes: 13


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Jennifer » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:56 am

bb_ mom wrote:Is it really good? I'm afraid fishy & slimy taste so never tried before. Plus expensive too!


We ate sea urchin at Hokkaido last Nov/Dec hols. I like. It was not very expensive in Hokkaido as we ate the lunch set. Not sure how the ones sold in Sg taste like.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25998
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby icy_mama » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:57 am

bb_ mom wrote:Is it really good? I'm afraid fishy & slimy taste so never tried before. Plus expensive too!

the fresh ones taste heavenly. so creamy and sweet. :drool:

icy_mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 11026
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:24 pm
Total Likes: 29



Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby icy_mama » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:58 am

Jennifer wrote:
bb_ mom wrote:Is it really good? I'm afraid fishy & slimy taste so never tried before. Plus expensive too!
We ate sea urchin at Hokkaido last Nov/Dec hols. I like. It was not very expensive in Hokkaido as we ate the lunch set. Not sure how the ones sold in Sg taste like.
nowhere near the taste from hokkaido. :drool: unless willing to :moneyflies: otherwise, save the calories. :razz:

icy_mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 11026
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:24 pm
Total Likes: 29


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Funz » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:00 pm

bb_ mom wrote:Is it really good? I'm afraid fishy & slimy taste so never tried before. Plus expensive too!


It is like the gor from the male crab. If you like that you will like sea urchins.

But if you have eaten those in Hokkaido, those in Singapore cannot compare. Will have a bit of the ammonia smell.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 12190
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 12:48 pm
Total Likes: 334


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Jennifer » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:12 pm

icy_mama wrote:
Jennifer wrote:
bb_ mom wrote:Is it really good? I'm afraid fishy & slimy taste so never tried before. Plus expensive too!
We ate sea urchin at Hokkaido last Nov/Dec hols. I like. It was not very expensive in Hokkaido as we ate the lunch set. Not sure how the ones sold in Sg taste like.
nowhere near the taste from hokkaido. :drool: unless willing to :moneyflies: otherwise, save the calories. :razz:


When we were at the fresh food mkt, we saw the packed sea urchin and crabs for tourists to bring back. The colour of sea urchin is a little different from the fresh ones on the don. Redder, to a certain extent a bit scary looking :wink:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25998
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby icy_mama » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:17 pm

Jennifer wrote:When we were at the fresh food mkt, we saw the packed sea urchin and crabs for tourists to bring back. The colour of sea urchin is a little different from the fresh ones on the don. Redder, to a certain extent a bit scary looking :wink:
me no expert, but i think those best tasting ones are yellowish/orangey in colour. anything darker, :dowan:

icy_mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 11026
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:24 pm
Total Likes: 29


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby jjxy mum » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:34 pm

icy_mama wrote:
Jennifer wrote:When we were at the fresh food mkt, we saw the packed sea urchin and crabs for tourists to bring back. The colour of sea urchin is a little different from the fresh ones on the don. Redder, to a certain extent a bit scary looking :wink:
me no expert, but i think those best tasting ones are yellowish/orangey in colour. anything darker, :dowan:


Agreed, I like it too,.. missed Hokkiado so much, especially those Fish Market...worth visiting!!

jjxy mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 4167
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:54 am
Total Likes: 7


PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres