Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby bb_ mom » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:36 pm

DH is still throwing out spanners about buying purifier. He knows I want to minimize using aircon which is necessary for purifier to work. But once windows closed and aircon turned one and purifier to work for couple of hours, can turn off purifier? Haiz...

bb_ mom
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:41 pm

During last year haze, we did not turn on air con at all. Windows all closed.

With air purifier, I am thinking of having windows open for at least 10 mins or so at regular intervals n using the air purifier at the same time. Won't be so stuffy inside the house once the windows r closed again. My plan, dunno correct or not.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby bb_ mom » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:44 pm

To my DH, once windows closed and aircon turned on, then no need for purifiers. :shrug: I also a bit lost. Scared if don't get, then when finally need at peak of haze, no purifier available.

bb_ mom
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:54 pm

bb_ mom wrote:To my DH, once windows closed and aircon turned on, then no need for purifiers. :shrug: I also a bit lost. Scared if don't get, then when finally need at peak of haze, no purifier available.

The advice from NEA was to open the windows for air circulation at intervals, can't be 24 hours closed. I think it makes sense that air inside the house can't be recycled for too long.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:57 pm

One of the purifier is now in elder boy's bedroom. Initially was green, then suddenly blasted n turned red, then purple, then green and sudden red again. He has bn blowing his nose.

Will be bringing the other unit to in laws' place tmr. A neighbour's corner terrace is undergoing rebuilding, very dusty.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby buds » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:03 pm

bb_ mom wrote:To my DH, once windows closed and aircon turned on, then no need for purifiers. :shrug: I also a bit lost. Scared if don't get, then when finally need at peak of haze, no purifier available.

Hubs is in the same opinion as your DH. Plus the aircon will help with whatever breakouts and rash resulting from allergies esp for three of them, himself, DD1 & chubs. So, kill two birds with one stone somewhat.

I think home aircon units with inverters may not need purifiers?

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:05 pm

buds wrote:

Reason?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby icy_mama » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:28 pm

Jennifer wrote:Elder boy did not know why the doctor prescribed antibiotic to him. Seems like he needs more exposure to see doctors in his own, then can learn to ask qns. Heehee.

remind him to finish all the antibiotics. even after he has recovered.

icy_mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Integer » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:29 pm

buds wrote:

Hubs is in the same opinion as your DH. Plus the aircon will help with whatever breakouts and rash resulting from allergies esp for three of them, himself, DD1 & chubs. So, kill two birds with one stone somewhat.

Think aircon units come with some filter, but not the True Hepa or Hepa 12/13 filter, hence can't filter out the 2.5 microns particles wh are the problematic ones wh can get logded in our lungs & cause long term damage. Guess for asthmatic or people with allergies, it's even worse.

This is my understanding...not sure correct or not?

Buds, you can read Chenoceau's blog (Petunia Lee) - she wrote a few articles on air purifiers , air con etc.

Integer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Imami » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:21 pm

Jennifer wrote:Recd the air purifiers this afternoon.

Me too!

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres