Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Jennifer » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:33 pm

Imami wrote:
Jennifer wrote:Recd the air purifiers this afternoon.

Me too!


Yours Novita or Honeywell?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25937
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby buds » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:40 pm

Jennifer wrote:
buds wrote:
I think home aircon units with inverters may not need purifiers?


Reason?


We were looking to purchase the LG inverter split but didn't follow through our plan due to the insistence of their engineers that all our bedroom cupboards need hacking.

Cannot remember the exact model but remember it had the plasma-inverter feature.

http://www.lg.com/sg/home-air-condition ... SNQ096B4A5

On plasma filter.
http://www.airconditioner.me.uk/Benefit ... lters.html

Integer, we didn't do extensive research then about purifiers or humidifiers. Even if with air-conditioning, it won't be used for overnight. May just be one Max two hours, enough to chill. Hubs is extremely particular about the rising costs of electricity. Hence, during that time (pre-haze) the inverter aircon was the better solution supposedly clean"er" cool air as to why even now he's still leaning more towards the idea of just air conditioning is sufficient during hazy conditions where we need to be indoors.

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 22729
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:21 am
Total Likes: 85


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Jennifer » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:22 pm


Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25937
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Integer » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:14 pm

Jennifer wrote:3M has this air con filter.

http://solutions.3m.com.sg/wps/portal/3 ... echnology/

Thanks for the link, Jennifer.

Hmm, interesting... So seem like just buy this filter for the aircon can filter out the small particles of 0.3 micron. Then I don't need to buy additional units for bedroom if haze worsen....

Buds - not sure of LG aircon. A friend was looking at a system 2 aircon today and said Gain City's ad today got gd bargains. System 2 inverter 4 ticks 21000 BTU $1699, includes install.( plus free $100 Gain city voucher)

Integer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 3555
Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 7:50 am
Total Likes: 13


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Imami » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:27 pm

Jennifer wrote:
Imami wrote:
Jennifer wrote:Recd the air purifiers this afternoon.

Me too!


Yours Novita or Honeywell?

Novita, Jennifer.

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 11018
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:04 pm
Total Likes: 37



Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby bb_ mom » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:36 pm

Integer wrote:
Jennifer wrote:3M has this air con filter.

http://solutions.3m.com.sg/wps/portal/3 ... echnology/

Thanks for the link, Jennifer.

Hmm, interesting... So seem like just buy this filter for the aircon can filter out the small particles of 0.3 micron. Then I don't need to buy additional units for bedroom if haze worsen....

Buds - not sure of LG aircon. A friend was looking at a system 2 aircon today and said Gain City's ad today got gd bargains. System 2 inverter 4 ticks 21000 BTU $1699, includes install.( plus free $100 Gain city voucher)

Filter logic also used by DH. Looked up and aircon unit has word inverter on it. During major haze last year, we turned on aircon thru out and didn't smell anything. Only opened windows when clear. And close immediately there's a whiff of haze.

DH just doesn't want to buy appliance and let it sit like elephant in living area. Some more not very pretty elephant.

bb_ mom
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 8860
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:26 pm
Total Likes: 13


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Jennifer » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:56 am

bb_ mom wrote:
Integer wrote:
Jennifer wrote:3M has this air con filter.

http://solutions.3m.com.sg/wps/portal/3 ... echnology/

Thanks for the link, Jennifer.

Hmm, interesting... So seem like just buy this filter for the aircon can filter out the small particles of 0.3 micron. Then I don't need to buy additional units for bedroom if haze worsen....

Buds - not sure of LG aircon. A friend was looking at a system 2 aircon today and said Gain City's ad today got gd bargains. System 2 inverter 4 ticks 21000 BTU $1699, includes install.( plus free $100 Gain city voucher)

Filter logic also used by DH. Looked up and aircon unit has word inverter on it. During major haze last year, we turned on aircon thru out and didn't smell anything. Only opened windows when clear. And close immediately there's a whiff of haze.

DH just doesn't want to buy appliance and let it sit like elephant in living area. Some more not very pretty elephant.


I dun remember the Pansonic air con filter has nothing anything on the mesh. the other Daikin fan coils which are inverter models hv 2 strips of blackish filter on the mesh, detachable type. These narrow strips effective?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25937
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Integer » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:00 am

Our Mitsubishi Electric inverter has a light green mesh. But I've washed the filter many times (incl. this pc), so prob not effective anymore.

Might buy the 3M filtrete to try. Read on other forums the filter cannot cover fully else the airflow won't be as smooth, the aircon needs to work harder. Also you need to cut the filter to fit the size of your aircon unit.

Jennifer, I've also collected the Novita 611, but unopened yet. Hope won't be a white elephant ...

Integer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 3555
Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 7:50 am
Total Likes: 13


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Jennifer » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:36 am

Integer wrote:Our Mitsubishi Electric inverter has a light green mesh. But I've washed the filter many times (incl. this pc), so prob not effective anymore.

Might buy the 3M filtrete to try. Read on other forums the filter cannot cover fully else the airflow won't be as smooth, the aircon needs to work harder. Also you need to cut the filter to fit the size of your aircon unit.

Jennifer, I've also collected the Novita 611, but unopened yet. Hope won't be a white elephant ...


If one has those magicseal window mesh, maybe can cover with the 3M filter?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25937
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Integer » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:44 am

Jennifer wrote:
Integer wrote:Our Mitsubishi Electric inverter has a light green mesh. But I've washed the filter many times (incl. this pc), so prob not effective anymore.

Might buy the 3M filtrete to try. Read on other forums the filter cannot cover fully else the airflow won't be as smooth, the aircon needs to work harder. Also you need to cut the filter to fit the size of your aircon unit.

Jennifer, I've also collected the Novita 611, but unopened yet. Hope won't be a white elephant ...

If one has those magicseal window mesh, maybe can cover with the 3M filter?

Planning to go Gain City later, see can ask the salesman how to use..will update here...

Integer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 3555
Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 7:50 am
Total Likes: 13


PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres