Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Integer » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:48 am

How's your elder boy feeling today?

Just want to add DS also had Augmentin (10 tablets) last week. After completion, I bought him Emmi & Meiji yoghurt drinks. I also don't buy Yakult etc on regular basis cos too sweet. Emmi's are nice, Meiji too sweet ( I add some water to dilute).

Integer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:06 pm

Integer wrote:How's your elder boy feeling today?

Just want to add DS also had Augmentin (10 tablets) last week. After completion, I bought him Emmi & Meiji yoghurt drinks. I also don't buy Yakult etc on regular basis cos too sweet. Emmi's are nice, Meiji too sweet ( I add some water to dilute).

No more fever, but started coughing. I bou a probiotic yoghurt drink.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:00 pm

Need to bring elder boy see the TCM tmr for his cough. He not asleep yet, so am I. Hiaz

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Imami » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:09 pm

Jennifer wrote:Need to bring elder boy see the TCM tmr for his cough. He not asleep yet, so am I. Hiaz

Is his cough getting worse? Fever leh?

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:11 am

Imami wrote:
Jennifer wrote:Need to bring elder boy see the TCM tmr for his cough. He not asleep yet, so am I. Hiaz

The cough is persistent, no registered fever, yet he feels hot. On the fan, he feels cold. Off to sch now.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Integer » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:19 am

Jennifer wrote:
Imami wrote:

The cough is persistent, no registered fever, yet he feels hot. On the fan, he feels cold. Off to sch now.

Think it's heaty 发热,, a few weeks ago I was like that, became v.lethargic & giddy, esp in the mornings. Took me like 2 weeks to clear the symptoms cos didn't go to TCM, only boiled more cooling drinks like barley, chrysanthemum, water chestnut etc

Asked the doc when DS was sick, she said she's been seeing many of such cases of long winded of cold, cough....

Integer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:29 am

Integer wrote:Think it's heaty 发热,, a few weeks ago I was like that, became v.lethargic & giddy, esp in the mornings. Took me like 2 weeks to clear the symptoms cos didn't go to TCM, only boiled more cooling drinks like barley, chrysanthemum, water chestnut etc

Asked the doc when DS was sick, she said she's been seeing many of such cases of long winded of cold, cough....

These days, even TCM also takes some time to recover fully.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby zbear » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:38 am

Integer wrote:Asked the doc when DS was sick, she said she's been seeing many of such cases of long winded of cold, cough....

There is such a saying of the 100 days cough, meaning it will take 3+ mths to clear the persistent n intermittent irritating cough.

U just have to go through it n suddenly, it disappeared. Dont ask me why but I experienced it myself.

zbear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:45 am

zbear wrote:
Integer wrote:Asked the doc when DS was sick, she said she's been seeing many of such cases of long winded of cold, cough....

There is such a saying of the 100 days cough, meaning it will take 3+ mths to clear the persistent n intermittent irritating cough.

U just have to go through it n suddenly, it disappeared. Dont ask me why but I experienced it myself.

There was one year I had very persistent cough, think when ah boy was n P2. The lack of rest due to cough made it harder to recover. It did not disappear on its own. I went for a few TCM cupping b4 getting rid of it. Elder boy would not be able to tolerate TCM cupping. He is too lean, would be very painful.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby FB555 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:49 am

I had one very persistent cough last year. I took 3 teaspoon of manuka honey and 3 teaspoon of manuaka honey at nite for consecutive 3 weeks before i can recovered. I ate the whole bottle when i recovered. Usually for mild cases, i only need 2 teaspoon of MH in the morning and and 1 teaspoon at nite for 2 consecutive weeks to recover. I never take medicine for my cough. Only lozenges for sore throat.
FB555
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres