Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Funz » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:16 am

I tried that too and DH bought a similar weighing machine. It reads weight, fats, water, muscle mass, bone mass, etc. And base on those plus the inputs of age, gender and height, it shows your metabolic age.

So far, I am 5yrs younger than my actual age. When I was at my ideal weight, I was a good 10 yrs younger than my actual age.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Jennifer » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:18 am

buds wrote:I'm super old and weak inside too. According to the auntie who does my usual foot reflexology, my insides require overhaul! :faint:

She believes I have been overworked & over stretched way too long. Plus not taking care of myself very well. She kept reminding me to go easy now that I have a reliable person to help out.

Yes, slow down n delegate. U not keeping 4 to 5 hours of sleep these days, right?

I am thinking of going for the ginger oil massage u had. Is it full body? I dun think I want full body at 1st trial. Scared I kena skin rash over all with the oil, dunno how my skin will react to ginger oil.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby buds » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:18 am

Jennifer, that ginger oil massage was the only different variant to my regular routine days. Till today my bowel movement has never been better, even with the B supplements given by doc.

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:19 am

Funz wrote:I tried that too and DH bought a similar weighing machine. It reads weight, fats, water, muscle mass, bone mass, etc. And base on those plus the inputs of age, gender and height, it shows your metabolic age.

So far, I am 5yrs younger than my actual age. When I was at my ideal weight, I was a good 10 yrs younger than my actual age.

But u think u need to lose more weight?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sleepy » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:23 am

Jennifer wrote:
Hope u dun find me kaypoh. Your irregular sleep pattern n weight gain - did they begin around the same time? Bcos I read that not having enough sleep can make a person put on weight.

I read abt Buds went for the ginger oil massage session and was able to sleep well that night. U ever tried massage to help with the sleeping?

No la, not kaypoh at all :wink:

My irregular sleep pattern has been ongoing for 10 years. No idea why it happens because it just comes and goes. Doesn't coincide with kid's exam period at all :lol: I fall asleep easily but no control over waking up time

So I think sleep pattern no relation to weight gain. The weight gain happened 2 years ago, metabolism slowed down. Exercise doesn't help me. Only tone muscles but won't lose weight.
I have to be strict on diet to lose weight. No carbo, no bread, biscuits, choc, sugar, cow milk etc. Basically cave man diet.
But no discipline la. After a while I will revert to snacking on chips and prawn crackers and coffee with milk :stupid:

sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Funz » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:35 am

Jennifer wrote:
Funz wrote:I tried that too and DH bought a similar weighing machine. It reads weight, fats, water, muscle mass, bone mass, etc. And base on those plus the inputs of age, gender and height, it shows your metabolic age.

But u think u need to lose more weight?

I gained a lot the last 2 years. My BMI is still in the normal range, so is fats %. But most of the weight I gained have settled on the butt and thighs. I hate the feeling of the thighs touching each other all the time. Clothes feel tighter and when I look in the mirror, the face looks chubbier too.

So yah, I want to lose some. Especially all those that I gained in the last 2 years.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Jennifer » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:36 am

sleepy wrote:I have to be strict on diet to lose weight. No carbo, no bread, biscuits, choc, sugar, cow milk etc. Basically cave man diet.
But no discipline la. After a while I will revert to snacking on chips and prawn crackers and coffee with milk :stupid:

cave man diet :yikes: I think I cave in first :wink:

I try not to walk to the titbits aisle in supermkt :siam:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:38 am

Funz wrote:I hate the feeling of the thighs touching each other all the time.

I know this very well, esp hate it when M is here n I wear the sanitary pads. This is another reason why I need to lose more weights in my butts and thighs, very uncomfortable and sometimes I end up with skin infection.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sleepy » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:42 am

Jennifer wrote:
cave man diet :yikes: I think I cave in first :wink:

:rotflmao:

By the way, come visit my house le
http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum ... &start=320

sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sleepy » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:50 am

Funz wrote:I gained a lot the last 2 years. My BMI is still in the normal range, so is fats %. But most of the weight I gained have settled on the butt and thighs.
So yah, I want to lose some. Especially all those that I gained in the last 2 years.

Me too, gain over the last 2 years! BMI normal but distribution of fats undesirable. My fats gathered mostly on tummy area. I don't want to end up looking 4 months pregnant when I'm not :scared:

sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres