Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby slmkhoo » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:16 pm

bb_ mom wrote:
FB555 wrote:I always in tee shirt and shorts even when i bring kids for enrichment classes that need to take mrt out of the neighborhood.
Feel more comfortable wearing causally and not used to other kind of attire

What do mummies here wear to school for parent-teacher meeting? Do you put makeup for such meeting?
Is it ok to just wear t-shirt and shorts?

I do unless I'm going from office. DH frowned on it though. He says too casual. So at most, jeans and t-shirt.

I am another one almost always in T-shirts and shorts. I don't wear strappy or translucent tops, and my shorts and skirts are nearly knee-length or longer. I will wear a skirt when I go to PTM and when I have to meet someone for work purposes (I work from home, so I will be mostly in shorts too if I'm not meeting anyone). I never wear jeans or trousers in Singapore - can't stand the heat. I also don't wear baggy tops as I am short, small on top and big-hipped, and those tops make me look like I'm in a tent!

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Funz » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:23 pm

sleepy wrote:
FB555 wrote:I
What do mummies here wear to school for parent-teacher meeting? Do you put makeup for such meeting?
Is it ok to just wear t-shirt and shorts?

Yes, full make up. No tees or shorts

Actually I hardly wear tees or shorts.
I have cotton material top but not tee shirts looking kind of tees

I am usually in blouse and jeans. So PTM also blouse and jeans. I am without a stitch of makeup most of the time. I will go as I am.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby FB555 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:23 pm

Ladies, thanks for the advice.
I never over haul my wardrode for quite a long while, so always got thus issue on what to wear for formal occasion. :shrug:
FB555
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Funz » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:30 pm

The other day, I was at Indon embassy. Saw this Caucasian lady, she was wearing a nice pastel lime green shirt dress. It looks mighty comfortable in this weather. She looked mighty comfortable too for she has nothing under that dress!

The dress was not translucent or clingy but the material was quite thin and when she carried her bag, it was very very clear she was braless, then she dropped something and had to bend over to pick it up, that was when it was also clear that she was pantyless cos no VPL, not even the thong kind of VPL could be seen.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby slmkhoo » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:31 pm

FB555 wrote:Ladies, thanks for the advice.
I never over haul my wardrode for quite a long while, so always got thus issue on what to wear for formal occasion. :shrug:

My problem is the in-between! I have a few formal items (for formal dinners etc) which I just keep wearing. Since I hardly have any formal events now, I don't think anyone will remember them, and if they do, I don't really care. I just don't have a lot of office-type wear now as I was a SAHM for many years, and now I find the tops too baggy and skirts too short, plus my expanding middle makes a lot of items unsuitable. I did hear that hemlines may get longer since the Queen told Kate Middleton to wear longer skirts - I live in hope!

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:41 pm

Funz wrote:The other day, I was at Indon embassy. Saw this Caucasian lady, she was wearing a nice pastel lime green shirt dress. It looks mighty comfortable in this weather. She looked mighty comfortable too for she has nothing under that dress!

The dress was not translucent or clingy but the material was quite thin and when she carried her bag, it was very very clear she was braless, then she dropped something and had to bend over to pick it up, that was when it was also clear that she was pantyless cos no VPL, not even the thong kind of VPL could be seen.

wow

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:42 pm

slmkhoo wrote:I did hear that hemlines may get longer since the Queen told Kate Middleton to wear longer skirts - I live in hope!

:lol:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Funz » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:46 pm

slmkhoo wrote:

My problem is the in-between! I have a few formal items (for formal dinners etc) which I just keep wearing. Since I hardly have any formal events now, I don't think anyone will remember them, and if they do, I don't really care. I just don't have a lot of office-type wear now as I was a SAHM for many years, and now I find the tops too baggy and skirts too short, plus my expanding middle makes a lot of items unsuitable. I did hear that hemlines may get longer since the Queen told Kate Middleton to wear longer skirts - I live in hope!

Being short, I never have any problems with hemlines.

:scratchhead: Actually have, I can make a midi skirt out of the amount of length I have to alter from a maxi dress. 1 dress two attires. Good deal. :lol:

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby FB555 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:18 pm

Funz wrote:
slmkhoo wrote:

Being short, I never have any problems with hemlines.

:scratchhead: Actually have, I can make a midi skirt out of the amount of length I have to alter from a maxi dress. 1 dress two attires. Good deal. :lol:

I dont like to wear dress or skirt and i dont like short skirt.
I feel unsafe le esp up the escalator or staircases. :oops:
I am short so the dress cannot be too long if i do wear one. :shrug:
So i can only stick to jeans, shorts or pants.
FB555
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby FB555 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:19 pm

Even if i wear a skirt or dress , i will still wear a short within. :wink:
FB555
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres