Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby buds » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:05 pm

Funz wrote:Just 1cm taller so might as well be the same. :lol:

I make up for the lack of height with sky high heels. :wink:

I do wear shorts and mini skirts that is like mid thigh length but I am most comfortable in jeans and pants.

:hi5: to the heels.. yes, even with 4 kids.. :wink: Hubs sometimes looks at me and go "How come today you so much taller than me?" :roll: :rant:

I'm most comfortable in jeans/skinnies and pants too. When I feel dressy, even if just in simple jeans or skinnies, I slip on the wedgies instead of sandals, slippers or flats.

I also have the occasional dress-up in dresses days. :wink:
Last edited by buds on Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby buds » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:06 pm

Most of is here are about the same height..
Plus-minus oni.. :lol:

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby TheAnswer » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:06 pm

sleepy wrote:
slmkhoo wrote:I won't wear skirts that don't at least graze the knee. Don't want to horrify the onlookers.

端庄 is suitable and presentable for our age group. Imagine the scene a middle age woman wearing mini skirt :nailbite:

So yeah, no mini-skirt for me either. Slightly above the knees is about the shortest length I can accept if I'm wearing skirts or dresses

If they have waist between 25 inches to 28 inches and slender legs.. should still look good in mini skirts..

TheAnswer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sleepy » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:07 pm

Jennifer wrote:
If 保养得好, might not b able to tell she is middle aged :wink:

I've seen women who look like in their late 40s or early 50s (could actually be even older because they 保养得好) in mini skirts. Outfits 'clashed' with their age. Really not a pretty sight.

Reminded myself since then. No mini skirts for myself. I don't think I can carry this off

No offence to anyone who loves mini-skirts though :wink:

sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jetsetter » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:20 pm

I also stopped wearing mini skirts for many years.

Been wearing ballerinas since 4 years ago due to a hairline fracture of my left foot. I injured myself when I sprinted to my car in my new heels cos the saman aunty was nearby!

jetsetter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jetsetter » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:22 pm

sleepy wrote:
Funz wrote:
I very conservative one. Don't even wear spaghetti strap top. Very seldom sleeveless tops. I will definitely wear a cami under any see through tops, sometimes even a Spanx.

Yah boi, me too. Hence the layering. I won't wear spaghetti alone without a cardigan

And a definite no no to revealing bra outline. So must always wear something underneath translucent blouse

spaghettis are a no-no. Hvn't been to the gym to work on those flabby arms in quite a while. Always modestly covered with a nice cardigan :) Perfect for PTMs or office.

jetsetter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jetsetter » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:26 pm

sleepy wrote:Jennifer,
I like translucent blouse. Just have to wear a tube top or matching colour spaghetti strap underneath. 不会走光的 :wink:

I also own an obscene no. of translucent blouses and linen tees. Recently I bought more than 10 from Korea:) Need to wear my Uniqlo Airism camis underneath...

jetsetter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jetsetter » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:29 pm

Integer wrote:
bb_ mom wrote:Oops! I wear those teeny pearls when I wear jeans or bermudas. Go for casual classy look! :lol:

I also wear my pearl ear studs on both slightly more formal or casual outings - depends on my mood. But for wedding dinners etc, if dress is matching, I'll put on my pearl choker necklace with my pearl earrings. :smile:

I also wear pearls with jeans, capris or straight-cut bermudas like bb-mom :) I love the "clash".

Pearls are so versatile. Can pair up with a LBD for office or evening dress for functions.

I hv many fake pearl necklaces, bracelets, hairbands, headbands and earrings. Only 1 necklace is made of real pearls.

jetsetter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:31 pm

jetsetter wrote:I also stopped wearing mini skirts for many years.

Been wearing ballerinas since 4 years ago due to a hairline fracture of my left foot. I injured myself when I sprinted to my car in my new heels cos the saman aunty was nearby!

:sweat:

Why u chose to run in high heels?

Reminds me of seeing Tina Turner dancing in her super heels. Scary.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jetsetter » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:33 pm

FB555 wrote:I
What do mummies here wear to school for parent-teacher meeting? Do you put makeup for such meeting?
Is it ok to just wear t-shirt and shorts?

Yes, full make up and semi-formal. No tee-shorts or shorts cos childcare centre chairs are so low and small! Don't want teachers to stare at my thighs!

jetsetter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres