Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby icy_mama » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:24 pm

jennifer, let me share what i've found in my ds school bag....

1. broken mechanical pencils parts - he says he can put the spare parts together to make 1 'good' pencil. never happened. i dumped it all
2. a green tea bottle filled with water and grapes - he says can make wine if we leave it long enough. nice right? but grapes were from months before. got thrown straight into the bin.
3. dozens of whiteboard markers - apparently he picked from the bin cos it's 'too good' to throw. all went into the recycle bag.
4. somebody else's textbooks.
5. this one made me freak out. something black, moldy, stinky and i can't make out what it was..... he says it's a potato wedge from eons ago that he didn't have to time finish.

i dunno to be angry or to laugh, but i know, when i was young, i had my share of 'banned' items in my possession. i don't remember being scolded by mum but i think what's worse is making her disappointed in me.

dunno what was the 'banned' items, or how seriously 'banned' it is, do ask him and let him do the talking, perhaps it really isn't his. take it easy, k? :hugs:

icy_mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Harlequin » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:56 pm

Jennifer wrote:Lousy day.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

PS. :hugs: to your boy.

Harlequin
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:08 pm

:thankyou: for all the kind words.

I did not get angry with him.

I went out to buy 2 packets of Mentos, 1 packet of The Natural Confectionery, 1 cup of YanYan and 1 pack of Tic Tac, put them into a nice looking gift bag and intended to give to him.

When I was at the CL tutor's house, she praised ah boy for refusing all sweets she offered him.

I then told her calmly, in front of ah boy, what I found inside his sling bag this morning - a stick of Mentos, 1 pack of Ricola, a 1-serving sweet.

Ah boy then revealed the 1-serving sweet was from the tutor from Sunday CL class, the other two were from tuition classmates who of no explanation just dumped them on him. He did not throw these away as he thinks it is a waste and he has intended to give to sb else.

When we reached home, I got him to read out the ingredients and tell me which he thinks is the least unhealthy, he chose The Natural Confectionery. So I gave him a choice of taking all the flavours in the pkt. He took all except the strawberry flavour.

He now agrees the other kinds are not so healthy.

Have I managed to teach him sth? I hope so.

Inside the sling bag was also 2 small empty glass bottles, a small pkt of rubber caps and a Guardian Pharmacy receipt dated 21.7.2013 for a gel costing $11.95

All these years, I give a lumpsum allowance twice a year and never question how my boys spend the money as I trust they will make the right choices. Ah boy seems to be buying stuff freely. I took back the allowance today. He has to earn the trust back now.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:12 pm

He is chewing one of The Natural Confectionery now, one of the loose tooth felt looser, one tug and it is out. Free dental extraction.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Sun_2010 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:15 pm

Jennifer wrote:He is chewing one of The Natural Confectionery now, one of the loose tooth felt looser, one tug and it is out. Free dental extraction.

You handled that so well.
Win-win .... ( and free tooth some more :lol: )

:hi5:

Sun_2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby icy_mama » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:36 pm

cool mummy jennifer!

storm's over.... psst, can i have that yan yan? izzit chocolate flavour? love chocolate flavour. :laugh:

remember to smile (and the whole world smile with you) :smile: :hugs:

icy_mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:39 pm

icy_mama wrote:cool mummy jennifer!

storm's over.... psst, can i have that yan yan? izzit chocolate flavour? love chocolate flavour. :laugh:

remember to smile (and the whole world smile with you) :smile: :hugs:

bingo, creamy choco hazelnut dip

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby icy_mama » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:42 pm

btw, what is that rubber caps that he bought? did u find out his reasons for buying those stuff that he bought?

icy_mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:45 pm

Last week, I went to pick him up in sch. Did not inform him in the morning.

I waited at the school security post. Saw him walking out with a plastic bottle in his left hand. He saw me looking at him, turned around and walked back into the school compound.

Took him a while to come out again. I remained seated. Came up to me and said: my friend forced me to drink it.

Hiaz, some months ago when I went to the tuckshop to look for him, he was holding a Pink Dolphin, also said the same thing.

I worry for this boy.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:49 pm

icy_mama wrote:btw, what is that rubber caps that he bought? did u find out his reasons for buying those stuff that he bought?

The rubber caps are usu. used as a eraser to be put onto the end of pencil.

He already has many of these at home. He used them for making the head of arrows.

This boy keeps all sorts of nick nack.

U ever seen the plastic holder of acupuncture needles? We have these too. Not to mention the countless pen refills.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres