Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Funz » Sun May 04, 2014 11:37 am

Semi white elephant

Breadmaker
Juyoung soya milk maker
Waffle maker

These I will still bring out to use like once or twice a month

Highly utilised items
Oven (microwave, convection & grill, hardly use the steam function)
mini toaster oven
Cake mixer
Philips mini grinder
Blender
nespresso
Filtrete water station
airpot

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby schweppes » Sun May 04, 2014 3:26 pm

Funz wrote:
schweppes wrote:u can also make almond milk. just soak the almonds overnight (about 6-8 hrs) and then run the almonds tog with water thru the slow juicer. U can add honey to sweeten. Can buy almonds from any TCM shop.

Here's a useful link, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iggGxhqFI-8

I'm quite lazy :oops: so i skip the straining part. Anyway, a bit of pulp/residue is good for fibre intake (that's the lazy me talking). Mine's quite simple, just add honey only.

The youtubber's concoction has more steps. But I'm sure it'll taste much nicer too.

enjoy. :lol:

Yah saw that in the other thread where Jen was asking about the Hurom slow juicer. Was tempted but when I think further, I think this will be another white elephant among all the white elephants I have. :oops:

Know what you mean about the white elephants. Decided to get the slow juicer as my girls don't take enough greens and fruits. So making my own fruit juice was one way to up their Vit C intake.

In the past, used to buy Florida's OJ and/or grapefruit juice. But ever since got the slow juicer, Florida's no longer on the grocery list.

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor

Postby schweppes » Sun May 04, 2014 3:31 pm

Jennifer wrote:Good morning.

Schweppes, was your juicer motor hot after ytd' concoction? Mine was.

I juiced a quarter rock melon for the boys. Kinda wasteful as the rock melon ain't juicy. Elder boy has braces tightening after pain, ah boy has a loose tooth n a new molar growing out.

For hubby, a stick of purple carrot, an small apple n a medium orange.

I like to use a fruit with high water content as the base fruit (for example, oranges or watermelon) and then add on with whatever other fruits I buy.

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Porky Pig » Sun May 04, 2014 4:11 pm

schweppes wrote:

I juiced a quarter rock melon for the boys. Kinda wasteful as the rock melon ain't juicy. Elder boy has braces tightening after pain, ah boy has a loose tooth n a new molar growing out.

I like to use a fruit with high water content as the base fruit (for example, oranges or watermelon) and then add on with whatever other fruits I buy.

For my DH, it is usually celery and green apple. For my kiddos, they like apple and orange while I prefer carrot and orange. I prepare 4 glasses on a daily basis for all of us.

Porky Pig
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sun May 04, 2014 4:22 pm

Porky Pig wrote:
schweppes wrote:

For my DH, it is usually celery and green apple. For my kiddos, they like apple and orange while I prefer carrot and orange. I prepare 4 glasses on a daily basis for all of us.

PP, your DH drinks the celery/ green apple juice daily? How is his cholesterol level?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby buds » Sun May 04, 2014 4:26 pm

I like green apple but so far never have that mixed with celery, how does it taste Porky?

I like carrot + orange too. :D

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Funz » Sun May 04, 2014 4:52 pm

Buds cannot drink green apple and celery combination. It is supposed to be good for slimming and lowering cholesterol and blood pressure.

If is tart and refreshing. A good morning wake up drink.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby buds » Sun May 04, 2014 5:05 pm

It's a good combo for me too then, right? :please:

Kill 3 birds with one drink.

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Porky Pig » Sun May 04, 2014 5:35 pm

buds wrote:I like green apple but so far never have that mixed with celery, how does it taste Porky?

I am helping my DH to control his high chlorestrol level. Started since beginnng of tis year. Much better now. I hated tat celery green apple juice combination. Only DH likes it.

Porky Pig
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Imami » Sun May 04, 2014 5:43 pm

Porky Pig wrote:
buds wrote:I like green apple but so far never have that mixed with celery, how does it taste Porky?

I am helping my DH to control his high chlorestrol level. Started since beginnng of tis year. Much better now. I hated tat celery green apple juice combination. Only DH likes it.

How come? The tot of it already chill me a little.

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres