Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.
Locked
Funz
Councillor
Councillor
Posts: 12452
Joined: Wed May 27,
Total Likes:332

Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Post by Funz » Thu May 08, 2014 6:44 pm

Jennifer wrote:
Funz wrote:Tempted to try
But so troublesome.

When is duan wu jie anyways?



Your helper can do the nitty gitty chores.

The last time u mentioned the Teo Chew mung bean dumplings. Can make this one? I dun think I hv seen this type .


It is call 双拼 I think. Gotta wrap the mung bean paste in some membrane so that the rice touching it will not end up uncooked. No idea where to get that membrane thingy. It is some part of a pig.

The version my granma makes, the meat filling is similar to hokkien version, salty but everything cut into small cubes instead of in big chunks. There is pork, chestnut, mushrooms, think there is also hae bi. Not sure.

Sweet and savoury.

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 10970
Joined: Fri Feb 17,
Total Likes:37

Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Post by Imami » Thu May 08, 2014 6:46 pm

Jennifer wrote:Just recd a sms : Borders @ Westgate moving out sale.

Huh? So soon!?

jjxy mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 4149
Joined: Sun Aug 07,
Total Likes:7

Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Post by jjxy mum » Thu May 08, 2014 9:22 pm

Jen,
your dumpling looked yummy & nicely done.
Thanks for sharing :)

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 25871
Joined: Fri Sep 05,
Total Likes:119

Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Post by Jennifer » Thu May 08, 2014 9:38 pm

Funz wrote:
Jennifer wrote:
Funz wrote:Tempted to try
But so troublesome.

When is duan wu jie anyways?



Your helper can do the nitty gitty chores.

The last time u mentioned the Teo Chew mung bean dumplings. Can make this one? I dun think I hv seen this type .


It is call 双拼 I think. Gotta wrap the mung bean paste in some membrane so that the rice touching it will not end up uncooked. No idea where to get that membrane thingy. It is some part of a pig.

The version my granma makes, the meat filling is similar to hokkien version, salty but everything cut into small cubes instead of in big chunks. There is pork, chestnut, mushrooms, think there is also hae bi. Not sure.

Sweet and savoury.


That sounds like a lot of work.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 25871
Joined: Fri Sep 05,
Total Likes:119

Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Post by Jennifer » Thu May 08, 2014 9:39 pm

jjxy mum wrote:Jen,
your dumpling looked yummy & nicely done.
Thanks for sharing :)



:smile:

I sent hubby a pic, his comment: looks like a lot of rice. He prefers his with more filling.


Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 25871
Joined: Fri Sep 05,
Total Likes:119

Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Post by Jennifer » Thu May 08, 2014 9:40 pm

Imami wrote:
Jennifer wrote:Just recd a sms : Borders @ Westgate moving out sale.

Huh? So soon!?


Yalor.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 25871
Joined: Fri Sep 05,
Total Likes:119

Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Post by Jennifer » Thu May 08, 2014 9:51 pm

Hubby came home earlier than ytd. We managed to go for a 30mins around the neighbourhood after his dinner.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 25871
Joined: Fri Sep 05,
Total Likes:119

Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Post by Jennifer » Thu May 08, 2014 9:52 pm

I hv bn eating a lot of carbo today. Now feel bloated.

bb_ mom
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 8673
Joined: Mon Nov 25,
Total Likes:13

Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Post by bb_ mom » Thu May 08, 2014 9:52 pm

Jennifer wrote:Hubby came home earlier than ytd. We managed to go for a 30mins around the neighbourhood after his dinner.

You did 2 rounds today, right? Some 6.7 miles in 20 odd minutes? You're very disciplined.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 25871
Joined: Fri Sep 05,
Total Likes:119

Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Post by Jennifer » Thu May 08, 2014 9:55 pm

bb_ mom wrote:
Jennifer wrote:Hubby came home earlier than ytd. We managed to go for a 30mins around the neighbourhood after his dinner.

You did 2 rounds today, right? Some 6.7 miles in 20 odd minutes? You're very disciplined.



6.7 miles is on exercise bike at home.

Luckily I did more today.

Lunch - char siew rice with roast pork
Snack - 2 rice dumplings
Dinner - glutinous rice with dried shrimps n 腊肉 plus the leftover pumpkin porridge elder boy could not finish.
:yikes:

Locked