Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby TheAnswer » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:41 pm

Harlequin wrote:
TheAnswer wrote:When my mum is silent, I get more anxious.. Sweat!

:hi5: TA.... totally agree... I would broke out in cold sweat, and, went into repent mode!

Most of the time my mum will just scold for 5 mins then give me time to repent :sweat:
I remembered when I was younger, I hid in the toilet when my mum wanted to cane me.

TheAnswer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby buds » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:09 pm

Jennifer wrote:He is chewing one of The Natural Confectionery now, one of the loose tooth felt looser, one tug and it is out. Free dental extraction.

This is too funny! :rotflmao:

Kudos on handling today pretty well. :celebrate:

His lies are still rather tame at his age, if compared to my DD. :( She gave us a lot of heartache.. three long years already.. but things are looking up. :please: My hubs and I gone through :censored: with our snakey lil snake (now python!) :laugh: and we hope the experiences we have gone through (with DD1) together (in reflection) will pave way in guiding us to be even more observant and work at being better parents. :xedfingers: Somehow having DD1 condition us the way she did :lol:... makes DD2 seem like an angel. :lol:

I do think that your ah boy.. being in a better school, he is less prone to either being exposed or influenced with undesirable/unfavourable behaviours unlike where my girls are. So, in a way... I sure have my work cut out for me. But I am hopeful for her and for all of us to work hard at improving our lives. Just cos we have it a little tougher is no excuse to succumb to the flaws of the environment nor delve in complacency and continue to live life as it is.

Hope the resilience built up over the years will toughen her up.

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:26 am

buds wrote:with our snakey lil snake (now python!) :laugh:

wow, u dun scare me like this ah. little snake to python :yikes:

My 2nd SIL is having a snake baby, due to deliver in Aug soon.

I find ah boy more street smart than elder boy (a bull), I wonder whether other snakey kiddo are like this too.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby buds » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:52 am

Jennifer wrote:
buds wrote:with our snakey lil snake (now python!) :laugh:

wow, u dun scare me like this ah. little snake to python :yikes:

My 2nd SIL is having a snake baby, due to deliver in Aug soon.

I find ah boy more street smart than elder boy (a bull), I wonder whether other snakey kiddo are like this too.

Nothing scary when it comes to their size. :rotflmao:

Mine literally grew from lil snakey (preemie baby) to now python (big and meaty).

Your ah boy is smart in more ways than one and being street smart is an asset. :hugs:

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Imami » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:34 pm

Hi Jennifer,

I know what you mean about the "we need to remind...". I agree too, 不然吃亏的是自己.

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:09 pm

Imami wrote:Hi Jennifer,

I know what you mean about the "we need to remind...". I agree too, 不然吃亏的是自己.

Thanks for your kind words. She is now too upset, if I were in her shoes, I wld b equally upset too.

Reminded me of my elder boy having a bad fall shortly after his 1 yo birthday and my ah boy flung out of the tricycle when he was 2 yo.

Could hv lost the 2 of them.

How is your boy doing? Very courageous of him at the hospital.

My ah boy had to be pinned down by 3 or 4 adults when doing the stitches. Was kicking n screaming.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Imami » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:17 pm

Jennifer wrote:Thanks for your kind words. She is now too upset, if I were in her shoes, I wld b equally upset too.

Reminded me of my elder boy having a bad fall shortly after his 1 yo birthday and my ah boy flung out of the tricycle when he was 2 yo.

Could hv lost the 2 of them.

How is your boy doing? Very courageous of him at the hospital.

My ah boy had to be pinned down by 3 or 4 adults when doing the stitches. Was kicking n screaming.

As I was reading your post, I was like," oh no, not now...." perhaps my personal experience was still very fresh in mind (and I was actually crying as I typed my experience). But I think kitty socks is a very level headed mum. U see her subsequent posts - she talked about her purpose of sharing her experience in the forum - to raise awareness.

He healed well but 破相 Liao lor. There is a faint scar in between his eyes. Part of the after surgery follow up was to meet a plastic surgeon (yes, a ranged by kkh) but we all decided our kid didn't require a plastic surgery (the plastic surgeon, hubby and I). I was joking about how he decided that being 二郎神 would be more cool than being 孙悟空。yup, the scar looked a little like a third eye.

it's at times like this (there were other very miraculous incidents) that I really feel a strong connection shared between my son and me. He actually understood, remembered and carried out what I had said - to stay still while the stitching was going on. Even I myself, a grown up, am not sure if I could do it - to be sewn up without anesthesia. All the while, people say he takes after me, looks exactly like me blah blah blah... But through this incident, hubby and I both agreed - this tough little guy has inherited as much of mummy's genes as daddy's genes. The courage and inner strength he has displayed were no doubt my hubby's.

In the ops room, the nurses used some sort of large bandages to restrain my son and that was it. I was just like a vase, standing near by. Amazing, how could someone be sewed and yet kept so still? I wouldn't have believed this was possible and real if not for the fact that I witnessed it myself.

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ngl2010 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:29 pm

Imami, my neighbour's daughter fell onto a glass coffee table. The glass coffee table broke and she had a big deep wound on her forehead. The father refused to bring her to A&E but directly went to a plastic surgeon in Gleneagles. The plastic surgeon did wonderful stitches and the scar is now barely visible. According to my neighbour, the plastic surgeon is a famous one. She told me that stitches done by A&E are usually not good and she worried that it will leave a bad scar on her daughter's face.

I don't remember the surgeon's name but I will always remember to immediately go to a plastic surgeon if there is injury to the face.

ngl2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:54 am

ngl2010 wrote:Imami, my neighbour's daughter fell onto a glass coffee table. The glass coffee table broke and she had a big deep wound on her forehead. The father refused to bring her to A&E but directly went to a plastic surgeon in Gleneagles. The plastic surgeon did wonderful stitches and the scar is now barely visible. According to my neighbour, the plastic surgeon is a famous one. She told me that stitches done by A&E are usually not good and she worried that it will leave a bad scar on her daughter's face.

I don't remember the surgeon's name but I will always remember to immediately go to a plastic surgeon if there is injury to the face.

My elder boy did not hv any outward scar. It was a fracture on the skull. From the image taken at the hospital, it was a hairline fracture. The neuro surgeon said should be nothing to worry about n that we could always do a MRI later to check on it. Since that day, we were very protective of the boy, scared he falls, pushed by other children, we avoid crowded places, he must leave the playground when other active children come to play. Aiyo, very sheltered lor. Maybe that's why he does not like young children, hahahaha.

The younger boy more dramatic. Told me to let go of the tricycle for him to zoom down the slope. Stupid me lor, listen to him. A daredevil, he is. When I washed him at home n saw that the cut was deep, I took him to AnE in a taxi. Luckily for us, the doctor on duty did a wonderful job, the stitches were hardly noticeable.

A neighbour's dd banged into the glass panel in the toilet when she went to pee at night. Doctor put on a sticky plaster, there is a faint scar above her eye. She is a very pretty child.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Imami » Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:03 pm

Jennifer,

you know, sometimes I am wondering. It's as if parenting isn't hard enough and yet we still have to go through such incidents?! But well, if we take it positively, I am sure we learn a lot from these incidents and become stronger and wiser.

My son's scar had faded well too. The good thing is his scar didn't discolorise. You know how keloid Forms, how sometimes the healing process would darken the skin around? My son's scar healed just nicely. Same shade as the rest of his face. Not noticeable unless it's a close up. Just that I always feel a little nudge within me whenever I looked at the scar up close. And I had to tell myself that it was already a blessing that he only had a little scar. He could have lost either or both his eyes (if he had fallen at a different spot), or suffered a concussion, or broke his nose etc. I shd be thankful.

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres