Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Jennifer » Wed May 14, 2014 1:03 pm

I know I need to sleep now.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby icy_mama » Wed May 14, 2014 1:04 pm

Jennifer wrote:I know I need to sleep now.

go rest. :hugs:

icy_mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Wed May 14, 2014 1:16 pm

http://drwarrenlee.sg/contact-us.html

Dr Warren Lee

Dr Warren Lee's Paediatiatrics, Growth & Diabetes Centre

Anyone knows this doctor?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ngl2010 » Wed May 14, 2014 1:30 pm

Sorry, I don't know Dr Warren Lee. DS's paediatrician was Dr Ang Poon Liat whose interest is Autism and Nutritional Medicine.

Another paediatrician that I know is a Paediatrician Cardiologist (my nephew seen him before and I think his diagnostic is accurate). I think it is not what you are looking for.

ngl2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Wed May 14, 2014 3:14 pm

ngl2010 wrote:Sorry, I don't know Dr Warren Lee. DS's paediatrician was Dr Ang Poon Liat whose interest is Autism and Nutritional Medicine.

Another paediatrician that I know is a Paediatrician Cardiologist (my nephew seen him before and I think his diagnostic is accurate). I think it is not what you are looking for.

Thank you for the info.

I googled Nutritional medicine and got this http://www.endeavour.edu.au/courses/nut ... l-medicine

Nutritional Medicine is the study of food, its nutrients and how diet affects health and wellbeing.

The Nutritional Medicine practitioner views food, diet and nutritional supplements from the perspective of their therapeutic potential, providing dietary advice to clients and prescribing nutritional supplements to assist in the treatment of a broad range of health conditions.

Not exactly sure whether Dr.Ang is into this since most forum discussion are on providing paediatric care.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby slmkhoo » Wed May 14, 2014 4:44 pm

Jennifer wrote:Also taken the anti nausea tablet, now waiting to eat lunch. I taobao kway teow for him from a nearby coffee shop. Last night cooked a pot porridge, he could not even eat half a bowl, all thrown out.

In our family, between the 2 boys, vomiting was a 家常便饭 incidents.

We find that the most effective solution for vomiting is totally no food - just water or porridge water for hydration. After there has been no vomiting for 24 hrs, we try a little salted porridge (very watery), and see how that goes. We avoid anything that has dairy, oil or acids during that period, which basically rules out almost everything! We only introduce normal food 48 hrs after the last vomiting. It's very boring and the poor person can get quite hungry towards the end, but it really works.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

1 people like this post

Postby icy_mama » Wed May 14, 2014 5:10 pm

ngl2010 wrote:Sorry, I don't know Dr Warren Lee. DS's paediatrician was Dr Ang Poon Liat whose interest is Autism and Nutritional Medicine.

my dd's pd was Dr Ang too. how coincidental! :wink:

icy_mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby autumnbronze » Wed May 14, 2014 5:27 pm

Hi Jennifer,

Just read the posts about your Ah Boy.

Hope he is feeling better.

When my DS suffers from similar symptoms, I make plain watery porridge for him only. I dread these times cuz the already skinny boy will lose more weight.

autumnbronze
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Jennifer » Wed May 14, 2014 5:50 pm

slmkhoo wrote:
Jennifer wrote:Also taken the anti nausea tablet, now waiting to eat lunch. I taobao kway teow for him from a nearby coffee shop. Last night cooked a pot porridge, he could not even eat half a bowl, all thrown out.

In our family, between the 2 boys, vomiting was a 家常便饭 incidents.

We find that the most effective solution for vomiting is totally no food - just water or porridge water for hydration. After there has been no vomiting for 24 hrs, we try a little salted porridge (very watery), and see how that goes. We avoid anything that has dairy, oil or acids during that period, which basically rules out almost everything! We only introduce normal food 48 hrs after the last vomiting. It's very boring and the poor person can get quite hungry towards the end, but it really works.

Totally agreed with you.

In fact, we practised this method with elder boy. He would sleep until his body is ready to eat.

BUT ah boy is not elder boy. He wants to eat, that's why matters are slightly more intolerable for me- cleaning the mess, cooking/reheating food for him, knowing these are not helping, more of a hindrance.

He has taken a tab of Domperidone at 12.30pm, the next time to take this medicine is 6pm. Also taken Prochlorperazine at 3+ pm for giddiness, still complaining of giddiness. I told him to go suck on a sweet, yet he does not listen. Only complain complain complain. I am also sick of hearing his incessant complaining.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Imami » Wed May 14, 2014 5:54 pm

Jennifer wrote:. I am also sick of hearing his incessant complaining.

:hugs:

My time, it's crying..... Non stop . When there was no more tears, the Wa Wa Wa still continued. :shrug: at times, I really wanted to give him a box and let him KO. Oops.... Bad mummy.

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres