Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Jennifer » Wed May 14, 2014 8:42 pm

Imami wrote:
Jennifer wrote:Alamak, I thought a box of tissue.

U not bad then. I hv done worst. Really, worst. The devil in me sprang out.

:rotflmao: now wait, how to spell "box" as in a punch? Suddenly I wonder if I had spelt correctly.

it's horrible. Why the hell was tofu still crying?! What's there to cry!! I didn't even cry when he threw up all over me, all over the fabric sofa or his cot! :mad:

It's real hell. Every 20 min, he would either poo (LS) or throw up. And then he very Suay Kwan, toddled all the way to find me and then :sick: all over me. This condition would go on for days. While medication worked temporarily, only fasting really worked.

I really wanted to walk out. Either that or punch him KO.

Last time, we taught the boys to freeze at the spot whenever the Merlion act was on. Less mess to clean up, plus we were staying with MIL who has a domestic helper. Many pairs of hands to help.

Can totally understand your frustration then, all alone with a crying tofu boy.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Imami » Wed May 14, 2014 8:49 pm

Jennifer wrote:Can totally understand your frustration then, all alone with a crying tofu boy.

豆腐仔和我的默契就是这样痛苦的建立起来的.... Of cos got more "want to bang wall" incidents. Haiz...

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Wed May 14, 2014 8:51 pm

I dun mind taking care of a sick child, if he fully cooperates.

It is when he refuses to obey basic hygiene practices, proper diet n ample rest, that I am most upset with.

He was not like this as a toddler. Never gives me the whatever terrible 2s or 3s.

I used to be a mother who would explain the logic behind my instructions. Now it is I say, u do bcos I am so tired of keep on saying the same old stuff. Even this top down approach is not working anymore.

Of course won't work anymore, he is growing up, got a thinking mind of his own.

Hubby always says 聪明的孩子比较难带, I rather he is not clever, but more obedient.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Integer » Wed May 14, 2014 8:51 pm

Jennifer wrote:
Integer wrote:
Jennifer wrote:Not very helpful, right? Ah boy had one done at 12noon, he is still vomiting now.

I told him if by tonight still so, I am going to send him to A&E to do blood test, let the doctor open him up :frustrated:

Agree with Funz, for now to make sure Ah Boy has some isotonic drinks to hydrate. If u don't have them at home, your estate's vending machine (if any) might have them.

:hugs:

The GP gave us the salt sachet. Orange colour powder, ah boy threw up more after taking the first sachet. He also does not like the glucose brand. He is very difficult to take care when he suffers from vomiting.

Aiyoh, 难为你了! Too bad his papa now conveniently overseas ....

Integer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Wed May 14, 2014 8:52 pm

Imami wrote:
Jennifer wrote:Can totally understand your frustration then, all alone with a crying tofu boy.

豆腐仔和我的默契就是这样痛苦的建立起来的.... Of cos got more "want to bang wall" incidents. Haiz...

苦尽甘来, 你终于等到了

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Coolkidsrock2 » Wed May 14, 2014 8:53 pm

DH goes to Bao Zhong Tang at Ossia Hotel, Novena. It is a private JV between Singhealth and the Shanghai Hospital Development Center and they have a mix of local and Chinese practitioners.

Do try to take sips of isotonic drinks as recommended by other forummers. I had a similar bout and could not hold down liquids. It took less than 2 days before my blood pressure reached dangerous level and had to be sent to hospital in an ambulance. Had to be put on a drip for a day before I can be discharged.

Coolkidsrock2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Imami » Wed May 14, 2014 8:55 pm

:hugs: I can't say I understand totally (after all, I don't hv a teenage kid) but I could imagine your frustration. Yeah, smaller kid easier to control.

U ok? Coping alone.... Can elder boy help a little?

苦尽甘来? I think for first six years of tofu boy's life - yes. But he is still evolving. 以后什么 pattern 还不知道。
Last edited by Imami on Wed May 14, 2014 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Wed May 14, 2014 8:57 pm

Integer wrote:
Jennifer wrote:
The GP gave us the salt sachet. Orange colour powder, ah boy threw up more after taking the first sachet. He also does not like the glucose brand. He is very difficult to take care when he suffers from vomiting.

The most hubby can do is be a driver. The boys still look for me only.

Very weird one, the baby milk bottle I made tasted right, the apple I cut looks more appealing.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Integer » Wed May 14, 2014 9:06 pm

Jennifer wrote:
Integer wrote:
Jennifer wrote:

The most hubby can do is be a driver. The boys still look for me only.

Very weird one, the baby milk bottle I made tasted right, the apple I cut looks more appealing.

At least if he's around, he can see for himself ( in real time) how difficult his son can be, how challenging ....& not anyhow shoot his mouth ma... :roll:

Integer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Wed May 14, 2014 9:06 pm

Coolkidsrock2 wrote:DH goes to Bao Zhong Tang at Ossia Hotel, Novena. It is a private JV between Singhealth and the Shanghai Hospital Development Center and they have a mix of local and Chinese practitioners.

Do try to take sips of isotonic drinks as recommended by other forummers. I had a similar bout and could not hold down liquids. It took less than 2 days before my blood pressure reached dangerous level and had to be sent to hospital in an ambulance. Had to be put on a drip for a day before I can be discharged.

That's so scary.

I see ah boy going to pee, he did not complain of peeing difficulty, so I guess he is not dehydrated. Just taken the 2nd tab of anti-nausea medicine. Still vomiting but the amt thrown up is lesser too. He is off to bed now, I hope he can sleep n not getting up to complain this or that.

Last time, when elder boy had such episode, I would prepare baby oats in the middle of the night when he came to wake me up, saying he needs food. Could not find baby oats at the exShopnSave at Beauty World.

Cooked extra watery porridge n standby some minced pork, in case tonight I get a call to make food.

Ah boy's "to switch on air con alarm clock" just rang. I opened his bedroom to off it. He can say "it's not mine", :faint:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres