Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Jennifer » Wed May 14, 2014 9:10 pm

Coolkidsrock2 wrote:DH goes to Bao Zhong Tang at Ossia Hotel, Novena. It is a private JV between Singhealth and the Shanghai Hospital Development Center and they have a mix of local and Chinese practitioners.

Thank you.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Wed May 14, 2014 9:15 pm

Imami wrote::hugs: I can't say I understand totally (after all, I don't hv a teenage kid) but I could imagine your frustration. Yeah, smaller kid easier to control.

U ok? Coping alone.... Can elder boy help a little?

苦尽甘来? I think for first six years of tofu boy's life - yes. But he is still evolving. 以后什么 pattern 还不知道。

I never thought ah boy would become like this. I brou up elder boy with an iron hand, set good example in front of my boys. I used a much softer approach with ah boy as he was really really very 乖.

Pple always say children learn by looking. Yes, they look, but they also choose to either follow or do otherwise.

I told him it is very sad that our relationship is so strained now.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby PiggyLalala » Wed May 14, 2014 9:30 pm

Jennifer wrote:
Imami wrote::hugs: I can't say I understand totally (after all, I don't hv a teenage kid) but I could imagine your frustration. Yeah, smaller kid easier to control.

苦尽甘来? I think for first six years of tofu boy's life - yes. But he is still evolving. 以后什么 pattern 还不知道。

I never thought ah boy would become like this. I brou up elder boy with an iron hand, set good example in front of my boys. I used a much softer approach with ah boy as he was really really very 乖.

Pple always say children learn by looking. Yes, they look, but they also choose to either follow or do otherwise.

妈妈的苦, 妈妈的辛酸, 只有妈妈们知道。Jennifer, 不要气馁, 孩子是会变的。 one day, he will 开窍and 变得懂事。(this is what my mom always tell me and my brothers. My mom has 3 challenging grandchildren. ) 加油 and take care.

PiggyLalala
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Wed May 14, 2014 9:36 pm

PiggyLalala wrote:
Jennifer wrote:

妈妈的苦, 妈妈的辛酸, 只有妈妈们知道。Jennifer, 不要气馁, 孩子是会变的。 one day, he will 开窍and 变得懂事。(this is what my mom always tell me and my brothers. My mom has 3 challenging grandchildren. ) 加油 and take care.

:snuggles:

Thank you for your kind words n encouragement.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Wed May 14, 2014 9:37 pm

Maybe it is my hormones acting up these few days. More emo lately.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Porky Pig » Wed May 14, 2014 9:46 pm

Jennifer wrote:Maybe it is my hormones acting up these few days. More emo lately.

Blame it on the hot weather.

Porky Pig
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby iRabbit » Wed May 14, 2014 10:14 pm

Jennifer wrote:I never thought ah boy would become like this. I brou up elder boy with an iron hand, set good example in front of my boys. I used a much softer approach with ah boy as he was really really very 乖.

For some reason, your last sentence saddens me. It's painful to hear that from a mother to a child.

In terms of bringing up children, you definitely have more experience than I do, so I'm in no position to give you advice.

Having met both your kiddos a few times, I can tell that though they're brothers, they've very different personalities. Your ds1 comes across as someone who is reserved but with a high level of self-control, a bit like yourself.

Your ds2 is more unrestrained, more of a non-conformist type, and so may appear to be impulsive. Yup, they looked to me to be as different as day and night.

There's one thing I really like about your ds2 - he is extremely extroverted. How I wish my ds can be liddat too.

iRabbit
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jetsetter » Wed May 14, 2014 10:54 pm

Jennifer wrote:Maybe it is my hormones acting up these few days. More emo lately.

Have an early rest, Jen. You sound really tired...take care! Get well soon - to ah boy...Is it reflux or gastric flu? Did the doc give him a jab?

jetsetter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Wed May 14, 2014 11:04 pm

FQW wrote:
Jennifer wrote:I never thought ah boy would become like this. I brou up elder boy with an iron hand, set good example in front of my boys. I used a much softer approach with ah boy as he was really really very 乖.

For some reason, your last sentence saddens me. It's painful to hear that from a mother to a child.

In terms of bringing up children, you definitely have more experience than I do, so I'm in no position to give you advice.

Having met both your kiddos a few times, I can tell that though they're brothers, they've very different personalities. Your ds1 comes across as someone who is reserved but with a high level of self-control, a bit like yourself.

Your ds2 is more unrestrained, more of a non-conformist type, and so may appear to be impulsive. Yup, they looked to me to be as different as day and night.

There's one thing I really like about your ds2 - he is extremely extroverted. How I wish my ds can be liddat too.

That is one thing I do with my boys- never hides your true feelings.

Trust me, it hurts me a lot to say those harsh words.

To many, love is unconditional. To me, it is only partly true. My love is conditional on the basis that you also give yours. I am not so 伟大 to be always at the giving end.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby icy_mama » Thu May 15, 2014 6:10 am

jennifer, hope you'll have a better day today. :hugs:

hope ah boy gets better today, too.

icy_mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs