Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Jennifer » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:43 pm

icy_mama wrote:i'll stick to my diet and stairs climbing... :lol:

so far so good, i've lost 7kgs since i came back from my cruise over cny earlier this year.

How did u lose 7 kgs???? just be eating yogurt for breakfast n climbing staircases?

If I can lose 7 kgs, I will be jumping like siao. That will be my pre-marriage weight :cry:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby TheAnswer » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:58 pm

Jennifer wrote:
icy_mama wrote:
Jennifer wrote:cant buy new clothes now, weight loss in process.

wish u success.... what is in your weight loss plan? can share? and we'll cheer u on!

No specific plan lah.

Read an article on Mind Your Body the other day - to maintain weight, an avg of 200 mins per week of exercise, to loss weight, an avg of >300 mins per week of exercise. Diet must be controlled in any case.

I dun think I hv the determination to do > 300 mins per week, so cutting down on what I eat, hope to at least maintain.

Like what The Answer advised, small meals per day.

I find I hv a very bad habit. Everytime the waistline becomes a tiny winy bit looser, I think I hv done a good job n then I start to reward myself with snacks, qty n frequency > what I shld stick to. So for now, I am going to be stricter with myself :spank:

Next is to surf ksp less often. Too much sitting down :wink:

As long as you eat small meals, you can eat whatever you like.. Keep a food diary.. Climb stairs like me.. Have a fruit and a glass of water before your meals..
I can't believe I'm dishing out advice while having my dose of dark chocolate :wink: Lunch was just a bowl of chicken soup with beehoon and green leafy vege :wink:

TheAnswer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby TheAnswer » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:02 pm

Jennifer wrote: :lol:

cant buy new clothes now, weight loss in process :wink:

actually hv sth in mind to buy - from Channel U shopping channel a exercise equipment from Korea, still thinking :wink:

How's your gym? Btw, I found out BP Plaza has aerobics classes on Tue and Thur night. The open space outside Pizzahut where the children playground is located.

I have not visited the community center yet. Still slacking... Hubby polished my elliptical trainer.. It's now in my living room.. Can use while watching tv..

TheAnswer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby TheAnswer » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:04 pm

Jennifer wrote:

so far so good, i've lost 7kgs since i came back from my cruise over cny earlier this year.

How did u lose 7 kgs???? just be eating yogurt for breakfast n climbing staircases?

If I can lose 7 kgs, I will be jumping like siao. That will be my pre-marriage weight :cry:

Most ppl gain weight after marriage.. If only gain 7kg.. It's ok.. It's 7kg spread over 20 years for you..

TheAnswer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby icy_mama » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:05 pm

Jennifer wrote:

7kgs over 5months.... i think gradual weight loss will stay off longer.

changed my diet.

for breakfast and lunch, yogurt, fruits, nuts, muesli. no coffee. i think my3-in-1 coffee adds the sugar. i don't set out to 'lose weight' instead, i set out to 'change my diet' and losing weight is a bonus. i think that thinking makes 'losing weight' a success. i dun set out to deprive myself of my favourite foods, like chocolate, porridge and ice cream, but cut down to bare minimum. that yogurt diet fills me up and i enjoyed every bite, that contributed too. those food replacements made me feel like puking, how to continue with a diet like this? sure give up in double time.

for dinner, i'd cook normally for family, eat with everyone but i'd take only about 2 to 3 mouthfuls of rice to last the whole dinner time. dinner will always be before 8pm. no more snacks after dinner. to stop me from snacking, i'll brush my teeth after cleaning up after dinner and prepare for bed, like putting on moisturisers on face and hands. then i won't be tempted.

i'd use the stairs instead of waiting for lift. not up and down as exercise, too lazy for that. just so i dun need to wait. :laugh:

surprising that works!

icy_mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Funz » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:09 pm

Jennifer wrote:

You said it man.

Think I'm gonna make me some homemade yoghurt. 7kg. Wow!

I am exercising more than ever before, very limited sugar intake, little carbo, seldom snack and I am not losing anything.

Envious.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Jennifer » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:48 pm

The last time I really exercised was after giving birth to elder boy. I walked on the spot for an hour n ate a diet pill (no longer available at NTUC, I wonder why :nailbite: )

Then after #2 delivery, also lost weight while breastfeeding.

I logged out at 1.58pm, went to use the staircase from level 1 to level 10, took the lift down to level 1 and walked up from level 1 to level 6. Then I switched on pc again, time was 2.09pm

Total number of steps is 280.

If I work on doing 10,000 steps each day, it is 10000/280 = 35 times of staircase climbing :yikes:

Is my mathematical correct :siao: ?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby icy_mama » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:10 pm

Funz wrote:I am exercising more than ever before, very limited sugar intake, little carbo, seldom snack and I am not losing anything.

funz, maybe u don't have much weight to lose in the first place. :wink:

icy_mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby icy_mama » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:14 pm

jennifer, baby steps... sustainability is important i think. 三分钟热度 will not sustain. i learnt it the hard way. i try not to count too hard, or i'd feel disheartened easily. then it'd be more binging, and that's bad i think. yoyo weight is harder to lose.

icy_mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:15 pm

ya, to sustain is the key.

just came back from round 2 - 2 sets of level 1 to 10.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres