Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Integer » Thu May 15, 2014 9:51 am

Funz wrote:It takes time usually 2-3 days. If he stays hydrated, blood pressure should be ok.

Just keep sipping a bit at a time but constantly. Drink something flavoured. Isotonic will be good to replenish the salts he might have lost from vomiting.

No solids until he is able to keep the liquids down the whole day.

I avoid A&E as much as possible. As it is, already super uncomfortable, A&E waits are always very long and after that they will most probably send you home with the same advise. But I do understand the need to do something.

Agree with Funz and slmkhoo ... might need to wait for hours at A&E. The thing is : will Ah Boy listen (and act accordingly) to Jennifer?

Integer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Funz » Thu May 15, 2014 9:55 am

:hugs:

Possible to get that Doc to talk to him over the phone?

With kids, really sometimes it's a battle of the wills. See who can out stubborn who.

Hang in there.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby autumnbronze » Thu May 15, 2014 9:58 am

Jennifer,

My younger boy's case is very different.

He suffers from acid reflux. From birth. Most times its silent ie not vomitting. But when its bad, then he starts. It can last over half a day. When that happens, nothing can go in. Even water. He is 3 but very pint size. I stopped checking his weight cuz it caused me a lot of stress. I just use the milestones as a gauge. Usually, the kids here suffer from it until about one year of age.

The acid travelling up his esophagus has narrowed it twice, so much so that he had to go for ballooning to widen it. His is a very rare case. Google and google until cannot find similar case. But I do know that acid reflux is very prevalent in the US. For two and a half years, we went from PD to PD, doc to doc but no one cld diagnose his prob. Until we chanced upon this doc in Mt E. We have sent reports to someone in the US who recommended surgery. But we are not considering this yet cuz we are hoping that he will outgrow it.

His diet is very very restricted. By right, if you read up on acid reflux, you will be amazed that even the most common fruits or food are suppose to cause a trigger. But I can only restrict so much. As I said, i use my DS as a guide. If biscuits are not encouraged cuz it causes acidity, but my DS takes to it, I give it to him, but am selective with what time of biscuits he eats ie organic ones for example. But there are certain food that I avoid like powdered or full cream milk because I have experienced with my own eyes that he cannot take to it. Although I do indulge once in a while because he has cravings for it.

Perhaps i will share more in my thread when i have the time.

Agree with slmkhoo that your DS needs to restrict his intake of food and ride this through.
Last edited by autumnbronze on Thu May 15, 2014 10:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

autumnbronze
Councillor
Councillor

Postby slmkhoo » Thu May 15, 2014 10:12 am

Funz wrote::hugs:

Possible to get that Doc to talk to him over the phone?

With kids, really sometimes it's a battle of the wills. See who can out stubborn who.

Hang in there.

I was going to suggest this. Do you have a doctor friend or relative you could ask to speak to your son on the phone? Or some other person your son respects more who can give him this advice?

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ngl2010 » Thu May 15, 2014 11:03 am

How about call the father and ask him to talk to ah boy?

ngl2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Thu May 15, 2014 11:08 am

We at KKH now, doc is going to give a stronger anti vomiting medicine. All other indices r ok, going to do a full blood test n an ecg.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Thu May 15, 2014 11:10 am

So far, things moved quicker than I thought. Few patients today.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Funz » Thu May 15, 2014 11:14 am

:pray:

Hope he recovers well after this.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Jennifer » Thu May 15, 2014 12:25 pm

Now in the treatment area, lined with a few beds, at least 7. Taking the oral hydration fluid once every 15 mins, last dosage will b at 1pm. So far no more vomiting. The anti vomit single dose medicine which is only available in hospital seems to be working. The anti giddy medicine also taking effects, ah boy feels much better than this morning.

Dunno when will the blood test result be out. The nurse told him be ready soon, but did not specify the time.

I ate at McD.

I shld not say this, KKH very happening place, many pple at the food belt.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Porky Pig » Thu May 15, 2014 12:27 pm

Jennifer wrote:Now in the treatment area, lined with a few beds, at least 7. Taking the oral hydration fluid once every 15 mins, last dosage will b at 1pm. So far no more vomiting. The anti vomit single dose medicine which is only available in hospital seems to be working. The anti giddy medicine also taking effects, ah boy feels much better than this morning.

Dunno when will the blood test result be out. The nurse told him be ready soon, but did not specify the time.

I ate at McD.

Maybe I shld say this, KKH very happening place, many pple at the food belt.

I like to roam around too from the convenience shop to the food court to those shops selling baby stuffs etc. I do not like to stay inside when possible.

Porky Pig
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres