Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Jennifer » Sun May 18, 2014 2:27 pm

NDP tickets, anyone applying?

http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/nd ... rts-may-17

SINGAPORE — Applications for tickets to this year’s Preview and National Day Parade (NDP) will be open from this Saturday (May 17) till May 25, the Government announced today in a statement.

All Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents can apply for tickets to either the NDP Preview on Aug 2 or to the actual NDP on Aug 9. The maximum number of tickets that each NRIC holder can apply for is six.

Ticketing applications can be done via Short Message Service (SMS), through the official NDP website at http://www.ndp.org.sg or at SAM or AXS Stations.

For SMS applications, an SMS in the format of <NRIC No.> SPACE <No. of Tickets> SPACE <NDP/Preview> SPACE <SG/PR> SPACE <NAME> should be sent to the number 90600199.

The statement added that all successful applicants in the NDP 2013 ticket eBalloting exercise will not be eligible for the NDP 2014 ticketing eBalloting exercise, and that the tickets are strictly not for sale.

Members of the public are advised to visit http://www.ndp.org.sg for more details.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby buds » Sun May 18, 2014 2:30 pm

Thanks for the news update, Jennifer.

I might try to go for it this year. :D

PS. Happy to note that you and the boys have recovered. :hugs:

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sun May 18, 2014 2:55 pm

buds wrote:Thanks for the news update, Jennifer.

I might try to go for it this year. :D

PS. Happy to note that you and the boys have recovered. :hugs:

:smile:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sun May 18, 2014 4:12 pm

KPop Star 3 - finalist, a 16 yo boy, Sam Kim

Sting

which one u like?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sun May 18, 2014 4:19 pm

Is it raining at East Coast?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Integer » Sun May 18, 2014 4:34 pm

Just drove past ECP, no rain.

But further ahead at Bayshore, drizzle.

Unstable weather. :shrug:

Integer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sun May 18, 2014 4:35 pm

Integer wrote:Just drove past ECP, no rain.

But further ahead at Bayshore, drizzle.

Unstable weather. :shrug:

:thankyou:

think we shall take a chance.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sun May 18, 2014 4:40 pm

There are plans to go to Copenhagen - 3 days, Malmo - 2 days, Eskilstuna - 2 days, Stockholm - ? days, ? where - ? days. All dependent on hubby's biz meetings schedule.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Coolkidsrock2 » Sun May 18, 2014 5:27 pm

buds wrote:Oh dear, so it was stomach flu all along?

I recall how devastating it was for us to have taken turns to get that when dragon_boi was only about 5-6mths old. I recall having to clean the floors, the bed, the sheets, the cot, the washings (wash, dry up on the poles, fold!) :faint:… so many times a day, despite myself being down for the same thing. Dragon_boi couldn't down his feeds, even if he did, it'd come out as immediate merlion on us (be it breast feed or bottle feed) or an immediate spurt of diarrhoea. We changed sooo many diapers that horrible week. We even had used up a couple of bottles of Dettol and floor detergent. Despite washing hands soo religiously, everyone of us ended up getting it.

We were hit with worse news after that as we only found out no re-test was aloud for being so sick even with valid MC produced. As I later researched, schools were not on level ground on this policy because there were schools that accommodated re-test under such/certain circumstances. I was so exhausted and later on sooo frustrated, that i started a thread on it.

http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum ... =1&t=43306

Still researching on this with friends with children in other schools. I seriously think this should be looked into. My girls studied so much harder for that exam because they wanted to boost their marks for final year, only to find out they were denied the option of a re-test.

My heart is with you, babe… Hope your family tides over this awful period soon. :hugs:

Both my kids are given 2 days MC each for their current SA1. This means that the secondary school going one will miss 3 papers - 1 (I deem) non-core subject and 2 core subjects while the primary school going one will miss the language papers. As there is no re-test, I decided that they take only 1 day of MC and continue to sit for the exams even though they are officially on medical leave. Actually, my younger child is still very sick and should be kept at home longer but that will mean being on MC for 3 papers.

DH making noise as they had done some work preparing for the exams and the effort is now wasted.

Coolkidsrock2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Integer » Sun May 18, 2014 7:19 pm

Jennifer wrote:There are plans to go to Copenhagen - 3 days, Malmo - 2 days, Eskilstuna - 2 days, Stockholm - ? days, ? where - ? days. All dependent on hubby's biz meetings schedule.

Wow, ENVY!

This is the upcoming June trip with yr hubby?

Integer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres