Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby buds » Wed May 21, 2014 12:11 am

Coolkidsrock2 wrote:
buds wrote:Oh dear, so it was stomach flu all along?

I recall how devastating it was for us to have taken turns to get that when dragon_boi was only about 5-6mths old. I recall having to clean the floors, the bed, the sheets, the cot, the washings (wash, dry up on the poles, fold!) :faint:… so many times a day, despite myself being down for the same thing. Dragon_boi couldn't down his feeds, even if he did, it'd come out as immediate merlion on us (be it breast feed or bottle feed) or an immediate spurt of diarrhoea. We changed sooo many diapers that horrible week. We even had used up a couple of bottles of Dettol and floor detergent. Despite washing hands soo religiously, everyone of us ended up getting it.

We were hit with worse news after that as we only found out no re-test was aloud for being so sick even with valid MC produced. As I later researched, schools were not on level ground on this policy because there were schools that accommodated re-test under such/certain circumstances. I was so exhausted and later on sooo frustrated, that i started a thread on it.

http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum ... =1&t=43306

Still researching on this with friends with children in other schools. I seriously think this should be looked into. My girls studied so much harder for that exam because they wanted to boost their marks for final year, only to find out they were denied the option of a re-test.

My heart is with you, babe… Hope your family tides over this awful period soon. :hugs:

Both my kids are given 2 days MC each for their current SA1. This means that the secondary school going one will miss 3 papers - 1 (I deem) non-core subject and 2 core subjects while the primary school going one will miss the language papers. As there is no re-test, I decided that they take only 1 day of MC and continue to sit for the exams even though they are officially on medical leave. Actually, my younger child is still very sick and should be kept at home longer but that will mean being on MC for 3 papers.

DH making noise as they had done some work preparing for the exams and the effort is now wasted.

I totally understand where you're coming from, Coolkidsrock2. :hugs: I was more frustrated than hubs. Probably because I spent quality time working with my girls, because we can't afford tuition. :(

They were given the papers to do in class when they resumed school and the papers were marked and returned to us, but marks are for show only. The eventual report was tabulated to the school's supposed policy. :roll:

I was upset too and told teacher then I might as well send them to school to take it if they could walk! Yes, pretty fired up actually. Then teacher said but they won't be at their best being sick and all and yada yada yada the rest were noise. Image

The girls' mc was for 5 days, thankfully inclusive of weekends. But damage was done, especially for the upper primary girl then. :(

Schools should honestly be more transparent about these supposed policies. There were some schools that are upfront with regards to this. That made me even madder. :mad: It just means a re-test IS doable.

For parents looking to DSA using SA1, the exam results bear high stakes to have a chance at it.

Hope your children are well now.

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Wed May 21, 2014 7:12 am

Good morning.

Need to catch up on housework today :rotflmao: a little overdue in some areas :oops:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Integer » Wed May 21, 2014 7:39 am

Jennifer wrote:This morning, met an unreasonable senior citizen.

We started q'g behind an angmo aunt, waiting for StarHub to open its outlet, to exchange the old set top box. Bcos the account is under hubby's name, he had to come along.

The shutters were lifted, the angmo aunt went in first. Then an uncle walked behind her, in front of me. He cut q.

Hubby looked at me, clearly unhappy. So I said: 算了,老人家就是这样的.

Guess what, uncle turned ard: 给你排lor, 不要讲这么多

What would u do if your q is cut?

So, did u respond to the Uncle's remarks?

Me depends on my mood ... If lousy mood that day, will tell him off ( elder or otherwise) - 那请你以后不要插队!If ok mood, just keep quiet, just my luck, might roll my eyes even ... :roll:

Integer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Integer » Wed May 21, 2014 7:47 am

Jennifer wrote:
Integer wrote:
Jennifer wrote:Left with April and May month, hooray.

The tedious part is the reclass of deposits - I simply loathe this process. yet to find out a simple efficient way.

Think I better put the info in an excel file. Maybe easy to reclass, include new ones each month?

Don't know how/what you're doing now ... reclass part of the deposits to sales/income?

Anything computerised shd be gd ba. :smile:

Sales n debtors auto posted. Need to contra money recd with debtor account. This one no auto, siah lor.

Partial computerise accounting? My 2 cts, I'll do up the spreadsheet, esp if I'm doing this set of accounts on a recurring basis. The spreadsheet will be the debtors sub-ledgers, by debtors name. Also provide a history trail & some sort of aging trace. Jmho.

Integer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Wed May 21, 2014 9:35 am

Integer wrote:
Jennifer wrote:What would u do if your q is cut?

Me depends on my mood ... If lousy mood that day, will tell him off ( elder or otherwise) - 那请你以后不要插队!If ok mood, just keep quiet, just my luck, might roll my eyes even ... :roll:

Hubby was with me, so I kept quiet, dun want to escalate the cut q into a quarrel.

I am like u.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Wed May 21, 2014 9:36 am

Integer wrote:Partial computerise accounting? My 2 cts, I'll do up the spreadsheet, esp if I'm doing this set of accounts on a recurring basis.

yalor, better do a spreadsheet.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby TheAnswer » Wed May 21, 2014 9:39 am

I have had bad experiences with old people too.. Once I was reading the newspapers while walking on an empty pavement..

Suddenly an old man appeared out of nowhere.. Yelled at me, "u young people think u are so educated just because u can read newspapers?"

I didn't even obstruct his way or bump into him..

:shrug:

:siao:

TheAnswer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby TheAnswer » Wed May 21, 2014 9:41 am

Jennifer wrote:
Integer wrote:
Jennifer wrote:What would u do if your q is cut?

Hubby was with me, so I kept quiet, dun want to escalate the cut q into a quarrel.

I am like u.

I will keep quiet too.. But hubby will say sth sarcastic..

TheAnswer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Wed May 21, 2014 9:56 am

TheAnswer wrote:I have had bad experiences with old people too.. Once I was reading the newspapers while walking on an empty pavement..

Suddenly an old man appeared out of nowhere.. Yelled at me, "u young people think u are so educated just because u can read newspapers?"

I find some old men can be quite annoying, old aunts are usu. more polite.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby slmkhoo » Wed May 21, 2014 9:58 am

Jennifer wrote:
TheAnswer wrote:I have had bad experiences with old people too.. Once I was reading the newspapers while walking on an empty pavement..

I find some old men can be quite annoying, old aunts are usu. more polite.

When I was living in China, it was the older women who were the worst at queue-cutting. And never try to get between them and a sale item!

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres