Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Integer » Mon May 26, 2014 2:17 pm

No have also. My estate old style type, not high rise.

Integer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby icy_mama » Mon May 26, 2014 2:37 pm

Jennifer wrote:Just came back from KKH, endocrinologist appt. Initial physical exam shows nothing unusual, doc suspects it is inadequate food intake. Blood test results will be known 2 weeks later.

In the meanwhile, we need to increase calories intake.

how do u intend to increase his calories intake?

icy_mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Mon May 26, 2014 2:42 pm

Our place is open for walk-in, unlike Signature Park whereby residents need an access card to open the gate.

Those driving, auto barrier lift up once sensor senses the registered IU.

Those taking taxi, usu. a wave to the guard n u r in.

Those walking in, I never see any guard checking.

Until this afternoon. I did not like his attitude, somemore tells me to go complain if I am not happy.

Ok lor, I called to complain to the security supervisor.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Integer » Mon May 26, 2014 2:50 pm

Jennifer wrote:Our place is open for walk-in, unlike Signature Park whereby residents need an access card to open the gate.

Until this afternoon. I did not like his attitude, somemore tells me to go complain if I am not happy.

Sounds the same as mine.

:hugs: re: rude guard. Old uncle again?

Integer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Mon May 26, 2014 2:51 pm

icy_mama wrote:
Jennifer wrote:Just came back from KKH, endocrinologist appt. Initial physical exam shows nothing unusual, doc suspects it is inadequate food intake. Blood test results will be known 2 weeks later.

Doc recommended full cream milk/dairy food intake, at least 500ml daily. if can, take Pedisure or Ensure. Also to graze throughout the whole day.

Based on what ah boy tells her, she feels that he is not eating enough of calories rich food. His height growth is within the range (hence unlikely an issue with hormones), but his weight is not and the insufficient weight gain is bogging down the rate of height gain.

What do u think I shld feed him with?

Ice cream should be his favourite :lol:
Last edited by Jennifer on Mon May 26, 2014 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Mon May 26, 2014 2:52 pm

Integer wrote:
Jennifer wrote:Our place is open for walk-in, unlike Signature Park whereby residents need an access card to open the gate.

Sounds the same as mine.

:hugs: re: rude guard. Old uncle again?

ya, old uncle, this time non-Chinese.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Integer » Mon May 26, 2014 2:53 pm

icy_mama wrote:

Does he like durians, pinapple tarts and ba kwa? I know I try to :siam: fm these 3 cos some of the fats fm their consumption are still long term tenants with me. :razz:

Seriously, anything to do to 开 his 胃, improve his appetite? TCM? Any suggestions fm today's Dr?

Integer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Mon May 26, 2014 3:23 pm

Integer wrote:
icy_mama wrote:

Does he like durians, pinapple tarts and ba kwa? I know I try to :siam: fm these 3 cos some of the fats fm their consumption are still long term tenants with me. :razz:

Seriously, anything to do to 开 his 胃, improve his appetite? TCM? Any suggestions fm today's Dr?

We used to go to a TCM, but these days, find the medicine not so effective.

Going to change TCM.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby icy_mama » Mon May 26, 2014 3:23 pm

Jennifer wrote:
icy_mama wrote:

Doc recommended full cream milk/dairy food intake, at least 500ml daily. if can, take Pedisure or Ensure. Also to graze throughout the whole day.

Based on what ah boy tells her, she feels that he is not eating enough of calories rich food. His height growth is within the range (hence unlikely an issue with hormones), but his weight is not and the insufficient weight gain is bogging down the rate of height gain.

my kids do not like pediasure but if he's ok with it, that's a good source.

now, after dieting and thinking of lowering calories intake, going the opposite direction seemed to be quite challenging. :laugh: increasing calories intake and yet trying to eat healthily is gonna be tough.

let's start with breakfast.

what does he like? meaty ones, carbo filled ones or light ones?
omelettes cooked with full-fat butter, portobello burgers, hamburgers, scrambled eggs with full-fat milk and butter. think the western style breakfast with bacon, sausages and toast.

lunch. i guess that's mostly taken in school.

dinner. lesser steamed dishes? too much deep fried also no good. perhaps grill with butter, more red meat?

i think most importantly, must cook those stuff that he prefers to get the appetite going. think, which foods have u cooked that made him take more rice?

oh, most importantly, MUST have supper. :laugh: that one sure make us put on weight.

icy_mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby slmkhoo » Mon May 26, 2014 3:23 pm

Jennifer wrote:
icy_mama wrote:

Try not give too much junk food which has high sugar or high saturated fats - he will get a lot of calories, but without much nutrition. Ice cream will be high calorie partly because of the sugar, so some each day should be OK, not too much. Foods you can try will be lean meats, fatty fish, nuts and seeds, eggs, whole grains, oatmeal, tofu, peanut butter.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres