Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Integer » Tue May 27, 2014 7:23 pm

schweppes wrote:
Integer wrote:Q.long, that time for me. I think safer to buffer in at least 1 hr.
- washing, talking to her on styles, cutting, think rinsing again, blow ... plus a bit of waiting in between them ( she served > 1 customer at any one time ... the minor bits like checking her workers' work ...etc)

That's about the time taken to cut my hair too. But I did not feel like I was wasting time. Maybe I take that as my ME time, so will try not to feel time-stressed. Weekdays are better as it's off peak period. Waiting time gets longer during weekends and the festive periods like Christmas and CNY.

Like yourself and Integer, I tell her I need maintenance-free hair style. No time and too lazy (also don't know how) to blow dry/ style hair in morning. Only have time to comb hair and put on leave-in conditioner or hair serum in the morning. Then off I go.

I don't go for hair treatments. I try to save $$ by doing my own hair treatments at home (currently using Fekkai which I bought from Sephora.... a small tub has lasted me a year)

Ya, I was also relaxing with the tea and magazines , plus chit-chats with her. Relaxing ... the environment.

Thanks for the hair treatment lobang, schweppes. Love Sephora ... so many things to see & try. :oops:

Integer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Funz » Tue May 27, 2014 7:25 pm

You ladies referring to Olivia from Supercuts issit.

Really so good. I think I should go look for her.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby buds » Tue May 27, 2014 7:27 pm

Jennifer, your last hairstyle was ok, suits your face frame quite nicely. I recall complimenting that it looked good on you. :D Perhaps stick to that only shorter? That is if you're eyeing short hairdo. To shorten waiting time, you can already go through some hairstyles to have a slight idea of a few fresh and maintenance-free hairstyle ideas that suits your frame. Bring those few pics to the salon and let them advise / improvise further.

For my thin hair, stylist recommended layering, so even with my thin flop can still make the layering look like Jennifer Aniston's. :wink:

Image Image

Layering with rebonding..
Image Image

Will suit face frame even when wearing specs..

Or with a slight blow for I-feel-dressy days..

Or layering with shorter hairdo..

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Integer » Tue May 27, 2014 7:30 pm

Funz wrote:Which stylist do you all go to? And where?

I am in desperate need of a hair makeover. Been procrastinating cos it takes soooo long to rebond.

PiggyLalala wrote:I need a maintenance free hair style too. :)

Ladies, see this :

http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum ... &start=100

Integer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby schweppes » Tue May 27, 2014 7:31 pm

Integer wrote:Thanks for the hair treatment lobang, schweppes. Love Sephora ... so many things to see & try. :oops:

Actually, I'm not even sure if Sephora carries Fekkai now. I bought the tub 2 years back. Don't recall seeing it now. I bought the hair mask then as Her World mag touted it as "best beauty award for hair mask" in one year. So, I succumbed to temptation and bought it. :oops: So far so good.

Guess Body Shop or other hair brands hair mask is just as good. Recently I got L'Occitane hair mask (wanted to try a different brand) as my Fekkai is finishing soon.

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor

Postby schweppes » Tue May 27, 2014 7:34 pm

Adoi... i better qualify that I'm not related to Olivia nor Supercuts. And I get no cut from the cuts. :wink:

Just a happy customer kow-kwaning to my frens here.

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Integer » Tue May 27, 2014 7:38 pm

schweppes wrote:
Integer wrote:Thanks for the hair treatment lobang, schweppes. Love Sephora ... so many things to see & try. :oops:

Actually, I'm not even sure if Sephora carries Fekkai now. I bought the tub 2 years back. Don't recall seeing it now. I bought the hair mask then as Her World mag touted it as "best beauty award for hair mask" in one year. So, I succumbed to temptation and bought it. :oops: So far so good.

Guess Body Shop or other hair brands hair mask is just as good. Recently I got L'Occitane hair mask (wanted to try a different brand) as my Fekkai is finishing soon.

Okie dokie, noted. :smile:

Currently I'm using The Natural Source hair mask & Schwarzkopf Gliss Hair Repair ( bought fm Reyim @ Katong Shopping Ctr) + the au naturel egg yolk mask. :wink:

Integer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby PiggyLalala » Tue May 27, 2014 7:38 pm

Integer wrote:
Funz wrote:Which stylist do you all go to? And where?

I am in desperate need of a hair makeover. Been procrastinating cos it takes soooo long to rebond.

PiggyLalala wrote:I need a maintenance free hair style too. :)

Ladies, see this :

http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum ... &start=100

Thank you integer. You are very kind. Will wait for Jennifer feedback. If positive, I may also give it a try this June holidays. :) So what is your hair style now? Short and layer?

PiggyLalala
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Integer » Tue May 27, 2014 7:46 pm

PiggyLalala wrote:Thank you integer. You are very kind. Will wait for Jennifer feedback. If positive, I may also give it a try this June holidays. :) So what is your hair style now? Short and layer?

You're welcome, PiggyLalala. :smile:

I cut mine short fm my usu 2 -3 inch below shoulders. More bob, a bit layered, to create volume for me. I cut in early Apr, so far so gd. in fact, I feel it looks better now cos I felt she cut slightly shorter than what I would have liked. :smile:

Integer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Tue May 27, 2014 8:03 pm

I hv coarse n thick n fizzy hair, a bit of natural curl n a bit of brownish, not totally dark black.

Last layered in April to take the passport photo.

I can't keep fringe, oily forehead gives me more pimples.

I can't hv my hair touching my face, too pokey.

I tried bob style in the past, hard to maintain as it requires frequent haircut to keep its shape.

Hubby says can't go for boy's cut.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres