Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Integer » Tue May 27, 2014 7:23 pm

schweppes wrote:
Integer wrote:Q.long, that time for me. I think safer to buffer in at least 1 hr.
- washing, talking to her on styles, cutting, think rinsing again, blow ... plus a bit of waiting in between them ( she served > 1 customer at any one time ... the minor bits like checking her workers' work ...etc)


That's about the time taken to cut my hair too. But I did not feel like I was wasting time. Maybe I take that as my ME time, so will try not to feel time-stressed. Weekdays are better as it's off peak period. Waiting time gets longer during weekends and the festive periods like Christmas and CNY.

Like yourself and Integer, I tell her I need maintenance-free hair style. No time and too lazy (also don't know how) to blow dry/ style hair in morning. Only have time to comb hair and put on leave-in conditioner or hair serum in the morning. Then off I go.

I don't go for hair treatments. I try to save $$ by doing my own hair treatments at home (currently using Fekkai which I bought from Sephora.... a small tub has lasted me a year)

Ya, I was also relaxing with the tea and magazines , plus chit-chats with her. Relaxing ... the environment.

Thanks for the hair treatment lobang, schweppes. Love Sephora ... so many things to see & try. :oops:

Integer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 3555
Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 7:50 am
Total Likes: 13


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Funz » Tue May 27, 2014 7:25 pm

You ladies referring to Olivia from Supercuts issit.

Really so good. I think I should go look for her.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 12121
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 12:48 pm
Total Likes: 334


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby buds » Tue May 27, 2014 7:27 pm

Jennifer, your last hairstyle was ok, suits your face frame quite nicely. I recall complimenting that it looked good on you. :D Perhaps stick to that only shorter? That is if you're eyeing short hairdo. To shorten waiting time, you can already go through some hairstyles to have a slight idea of a few fresh and maintenance-free hairstyle ideas that suits your frame. Bring those few pics to the salon and let them advise / improvise further.

For my thin hair, stylist recommended layering, so even with my thin flop can still make the layering look like Jennifer Aniston's. :wink:

Image Image

Layering with rebonding..
Image Image

Will suit face frame even when wearing specs..
Image

Or with a slight blow for I-feel-dressy days..
Image

Or layering with shorter hairdo..
Image

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 22729
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:21 am
Total Likes: 85


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Integer » Tue May 27, 2014 7:30 pm

Funz wrote:Which stylist do you all go to? And where?

I am in desperate need of a hair makeover. Been procrastinating cos it takes soooo long to rebond.


PiggyLalala wrote:I need a maintenance free hair style too. :)


Ladies, see this :

http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum ... &start=100

Integer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 3555
Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 7:50 am
Total Likes: 13


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby schweppes » Tue May 27, 2014 7:31 pm

Integer wrote:Thanks for the hair treatment lobang, schweppes. Love Sephora ... so many things to see & try. :oops:


Actually, I'm not even sure if Sephora carries Fekkai now. I bought the tub 2 years back. Don't recall seeing it now. I bought the hair mask then as Her World mag touted it as "best beauty award for hair mask" in one year. So, I succumbed to temptation and bought it. :oops: So far so good.

Guess Body Shop or other hair brands hair mask is just as good. Recently I got L'Occitane hair mask (wanted to try a different brand) as my Fekkai is finishing soon.

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 5936
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:56 pm
Total Likes: 68



Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby schweppes » Tue May 27, 2014 7:34 pm

Adoi... i better qualify that I'm not related to Olivia nor Supercuts. And I get no cut from the cuts. :wink:

Just a happy customer kow-kwaning to my frens here.

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 5936
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:56 pm
Total Likes: 68


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Integer » Tue May 27, 2014 7:38 pm

schweppes wrote:
Integer wrote:Thanks for the hair treatment lobang, schweppes. Love Sephora ... so many things to see & try. :oops:


Actually, I'm not even sure if Sephora carries Fekkai now. I bought the tub 2 years back. Don't recall seeing it now. I bought the hair mask then as Her World mag touted it as "best beauty award for hair mask" in one year. So, I succumbed to temptation and bought it. :oops: So far so good.

Guess Body Shop or other hair brands hair mask is just as good. Recently I got L'Occitane hair mask (wanted to try a different brand) as my Fekkai is finishing soon.

Okie dokie, noted. :smile:

Currently I'm using The Natural Source hair mask & Schwarzkopf Gliss Hair Repair ( bought fm Reyim @ Katong Shopping Ctr) + the au naturel egg yolk mask. :wink:

Integer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 3555
Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 7:50 am
Total Likes: 13


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby PiggyLalala » Tue May 27, 2014 7:38 pm

Integer wrote:
Funz wrote:Which stylist do you all go to? And where?

I am in desperate need of a hair makeover. Been procrastinating cos it takes soooo long to rebond.


PiggyLalala wrote:I need a maintenance free hair style too. :)


Ladies, see this :

http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum ... &start=100


Thank you integer. You are very kind. Will wait for Jennifer feedback. If positive, I may also give it a try this June holidays. :) So what is your hair style now? Short and layer?

PiggyLalala
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 4054
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 8:11 pm
Total Likes: 23


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Integer » Tue May 27, 2014 7:46 pm

PiggyLalala wrote:Thank you integer. You are very kind. Will wait for Jennifer feedback. If positive, I may also give it a try this June holidays. :) So what is your hair style now? Short and layer?

You're welcome, PiggyLalala. :smile:

I cut mine short fm my usu 2 -3 inch below shoulders. More bob, a bit layered, to create volume for me. I cut in early Apr, so far so gd. in fact, I feel it looks better now cos I felt she cut slightly shorter than what I would have liked. :smile:

Integer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 3555
Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 7:50 am
Total Likes: 13


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Jennifer » Tue May 27, 2014 8:03 pm

I hv coarse n thick n fizzy hair, a bit of natural curl n a bit of brownish, not totally dark black.

Last layered in April to take the passport photo.

I can't keep fringe, oily forehead gives me more pimples.

I can't hv my hair touching my face, too pokey.

I tried bob style in the past, hard to maintain as it requires frequent haircut to keep its shape.

Hubby says can't go for boy's cut.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25816
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121


PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres