Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Integer » Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:07 am

Love chilly summers. Much better than hot hot summers rite? Hope u brought along adequate warm clothing thou.

The canal tour sounds romantic. :wink:

Integer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby icy_mama » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:51 am

indeed sounded so romantic! :please:

jennifer, iirc, this is your wedding anniversary month right?

have a very happy 20th anniversary and extra lovey-dovey time! :love:

icy_mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:05 pm

Good morning. It is 5.40am here. Slept for many hours with the help of melatonin.

The canal tour is a good way to explore the buildings facade. Hubby took many photos along its route.

We got off at Nyhavn where many restaurants r located. The serving size is large. No wonder there r many big sized pple ard, unlike in Hokkaido where most pple r of the right std body size.

The bus took us into the city area, was surprised to see the amusement park Tivoli located in the middle of a city area.

We yet to see any museums and sights listed on the city map.

There r many cyclists here. There r pedestrian pavement, cyclist track n road for cars drawn up n it seems everyone is very law abiding. There is this traffic junction where I saw a cyclist stopping n another cyclist on his right, making a right turn. The cyclist track has 2 lanes, one for right turn n one for going straight.

We saw a few street performances. There was this man, believed not a young man, dressed up like a wizard, holding on to a pole, suspended in the air, maybe 30 to 50 cm off the ground. He looks a bit like Professor Dumbledom. A young man who juggles. A group of pple playing the drums n a woman, elaborately dressed, standing a silts, like what we see at Chingay procession.

O, btw the way, there r free public toilets. Usu. found in basement. Ladies Damer, men Her...

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Funz » Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:13 pm

Sounds so nice. You must be enjoying yourselves.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby buds » Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:43 pm

Sounds wonderful Jennifer. :please:

It has made me imagine beautiful things even in super sunny forever summer Singapore. I like how u shared abt the street performances. :love:

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:45 am

A lot of walking today.

Our first stop was stop by The Round Tower. It opens at 10am. We were there ard 7am, too early.

So we walked along Landemaerket n arrived at Rosenborg Have, a beautiful public garden with meticulous lawn, statues from Hans Andersen' story books n his statue at the end of the pavement.

One thing we found out is the lack of public toilets in the park. There is only one, but it is locked. Not sure whether it is too early to be opened to public.

The garden is serene, full of birds chirping. Can see some pple lying on the grass and a few locals running their dogs. Really calming to the mind. It is mostly flat grounds, unlike our Botanic Gardens.

In the same compound, there stands Rosenberg Slot, a castle which houses many treasures. Open to public from 10am. Again, we were too early.

In need for a toilet break, we walked to the train station n asked the locals. Funny how the two locals we asked, did not know. Luckily there is a McD. This outlet reminds me of McD at Bras Basah Rd, exactly the same design at the windows n the round stools n long counters.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:00 am

We then walked back to Kobmagergade towards meeting point of the canal tour. This time we got off the boat at The Little Mermaid. Many tourists were already there.

After the photostop, we went to Churchill Park. An Anglican church, St.Albans Church, stood at the grounds. There is a status of a lady with 3 or 4 bulls, but I could not find any signboard what it is about. Later I tried to upload the photos from my mobile phone, maybe you gals will know.

We continued walking along the pavement n arrived at a Fortress KASTELLET completed with a bridge n a moat. The fortress is in the shape of a royal crown, a very huge piece of land. The buildings are not in the medieval age, maybe like those in American Civil War times. Many joggers. I could not walk further after completing almost half of the grounds. Hubby took many photos. He is uploading them now.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby buds » Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:06 am

Looking forward to the pictures.
Everything you have shared sounded wonderful. :love:

You feeling better?

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:08 am

We had Fish n Chips for lunch at a place called Toldbod. Their lunch buffet starts at 12.30pm, generous spread of grilled salmon fillet, salmon flakes with carrots, assorted cold cuts, cheeses, beverages n fruity yogurt drink, brownies and golden waffles doused in white icing sugar. Photos of salmon n waffles later. The others I did not focus on.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:11 am

buds wrote:Looking forward to the pictures.
Everything you have shared sounded wonderful. :love:

You feeling better?

U still up?

Today worse than ytd. The Zyrtec not working, whole day stuffy nose. The boat rides made it worst with the wind blowing in my face. Shld b no more boat rides tmr. We covered the entire route today with 2 rides.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres