Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Integer » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:03 am

Jennifer wrote:KKH gynae apt this morning to do a pap smear. Ultrasound pelvis apt is afternoon 3pm, cannot be earlier.

If all results are well, I wont hear from KKH and the next appt is next year.

Btw, I also made an appt with KKH Breast Centre, to follow up on the mammo and ultrasound scan I did last year with the pte practice gynae. Went back to the pte practice clinic this morning to get back the results so that KKH Breast Centre can do a comparison.

Busy day today. Later going for the NYT briefing at Yishun.

Is yr KKH gynae a male or female, Jen? If the latter, can pm me her name?

P.S What's NYT? Just curious ... :smile:

Integer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 3555
Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 7:50 am
Total Likes: 13


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Imami » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:05 am

Nyt = National youth talent?

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 11018
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:04 pm
Total Likes: 37


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Jennifer » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:11 am

bb_ mom wrote:
Jennifer wrote:KKH gynae apt this morning to do a pap smear. Ultrasound pelvis apt is afternoon 3pm, cannot be earlier.

If all results are well, I wont hear from KKH and the next appt is next year.

Btw, I also made an appt with KKH Breast Centre, to follow up on the mammo and ultrasound scan I did last year with the pte practice gynae. Went back to the pte practice clinic this morning to get back the results so that KKH Breast Centre can do a comparison.

Busy day today. Later going for the NYT briefing at Yishun.

Can just call up KKH breast centre to fix appointment for mammogram?


Not sure.

I called directly, treated as private patient.

Maybe if via polyclinic will be subsidised patient?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25960
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Jennifer » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:12 am

Integer wrote:
Jennifer wrote:KKH gynae apt this morning to do a pap smear. Ultrasound pelvis apt is afternoon 3pm, cannot be earlier.

If all results are well, I wont hear from KKH and the next appt is next year.

Btw, I also made an appt with KKH Breast Centre, to follow up on the mammo and ultrasound scan I did last year with the pte practice gynae. Went back to the pte practice clinic this morning to get back the results so that KKH Breast Centre can do a comparison.

Busy day today. Later going for the NYT briefing at Yishun.

Is yr KKH gynae a male or female, Jen? If the latter, can pm me her name?

P.S What's NYT? Just curious ... :smile:


NYT - National Youth Team (shooting)

Got performance review every 6 mths, can drop out of team if cant meet expectations.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25960
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby slmkhoo » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:29 am

Jennifer wrote:
bb_ mom wrote:Can just call up KKH breast centre to fix appointment for mammogram?


Not sure.

I called directly, treated as private patient.

Maybe if via polyclinic will be subsidised patient?

I doubt you are over 50, but for those who are 50yo or older, mammograms and pap smears at polyclinics are free (I think maybe only this year). The normal price for mammograms for those 40yo and over is $50; not sure about those under 40. Normal price for pap smear at polyclinics is quite low (under $20?). I turned 50 earlier this year, so I'm going for my free mammogram and pap smear next week.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 10701
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:16 pm
Total Likes: 195



Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby bb_ mom » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:43 am

slmkhoo wrote:
Jennifer wrote:
bb_ mom wrote:Can just call up KKH breast centre to fix appointment for mammogram?


Not sure.

I called directly, treated as private patient.

Maybe if via polyclinic will be subsidised patient?

I doubt you are over 50, but for those who are 50yo or older, mammograms and pap smears at polyclinics are free (I think maybe only this year). The normal price for mammograms for those 40yo and over is $50; not sure about those under 40. Normal price for pap smear at polyclinics is quite low (under $20?). I turned 50 earlier this year, so I'm going for my free mammogram and pap smear next week.

Yes, below 50...for now. I already did my Pap smear late last year but owe my gynae the mammogram. I know typically in oct, there'll be a drive to encourage mammograms and would be heavily discounted. But I need to get mammogram done before that. Otherwise sure get scolded by gynae.

bb_ mom
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 8860
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:26 pm
Total Likes: 13


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Jennifer » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:50 am

slmkhoo wrote:for those who are 50yo or older, mammograms and pap smears at polyclinics are free (I think maybe only this year).....I turned 50 earlier this year, so I'm going for my free mammogram and pap smear next week.


Do update us on the polyclinic experience.

It's bn donkey years since I went to a polyclinic.

I used to bring my late granny to the Margaret Drive Polyclinic for her hypertension and diabetes checkups.

Ytd at KKH, I noticed most registration areas hv at least one Self Registration kiosk. 4 languages to choose, with photos appearing at each option to show what to do, how to do and a few very simple qns and big buttons to touch screen.

Yet, there are pple who do not know how to approach these kiosks. I can understand some elderly might hv difficulty bcos they are illiterate. But there is one big sis (cant be many years older than me) who just stood there and said loudly "I dunno English" despite the 4 languages buttons in its own words at the 1st screen.

There is a KKH CSO helping out an older woman to use the other kiosk, so this younger woman just stood next to them, finally figured out what to do and did the self registration herself.

Do you feel that as we grow older, we are more afraid of trying out new things?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25960
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Jennifer » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:52 am

bb_ mom wrote:I know typically in oct, there'll be a drive to encourage mammograms and would be heavily discounted. But I need to get mammogram done before that. Otherwise sure get scolded by gynae.


Why a drive in Oct?

My appt at KKH Breast Centre is late July.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25960
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby bb_ mom » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:53 am

Jennifer wrote:Do you feel that as we grow older, we are more afraid of trying out new things?

I know that I stick to tried and tasted food, don't like to try new foods. I enjoy going holidaying at new unvisited places but must be civilized places ie must have clean decent toilets.

bb_ mom
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 8860
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:26 pm
Total Likes: 13


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Jennifer » Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:31 pm

bb_ mom wrote:
Jennifer wrote:Do you feel that as we grow older, we are more afraid of trying out new things?

I know that I stick to tried and tasted food, don't like to try new foods. I enjoy going holidaying at new unvisited places but must be civilized places ie must have clean decent toilets.



I dread using the Self Check Out stations in Clementi Mall NTUC. Very kancheong esp if there are pple q'g behind me. So far, I only use the station twice.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25960
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121


PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres