Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Jennifer » Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:33 pm

This morning I bou cherries from Giant @ Beauty World, now promo $12+ per kg, UP $24+ per kg

Very fresh n sweet.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25998
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby ngl2010 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:40 pm

Jennifer wrote:This morning I bou cherries from Giant @ Beauty World, now promo $12+ per kg, UP $24+ per kg

Very fresh n sweet.

Is it from Turkey? Last week we bought from NTUC and they are very juicy (which is rare for cherries) :love:

ngl2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 7153
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 2:03 pm
Total Likes: 77


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Jennifer » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:03 pm

ngl2010 wrote:
Jennifer wrote:This morning I bou cherries from Giant @ Beauty World, now promo $12+ per kg, UP $24+ per kg

Very fresh n sweet.

Is it from Turkey? Last week we bought from NTUC and they are very juicy (which is rare for cherries) :love:


Not Turkey, it is from USA.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25998
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby slmkhoo » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:03 pm

Jennifer wrote:
bb_ mom wrote:
Jennifer wrote:Do you feel that as we grow older, we are more afraid of trying out new things?

I know that I stick to tried and tasted food, don't like to try new foods. I enjoy going holidaying at new unvisited places but must be civilized places ie must have clean decent toilets.


I dread using the Self Check Out stations in Clementi Mall NTUC. Very kancheong esp if there are pple q'g behind me. So far, I only use the station twice.

It's a natural thing for people as they grow older to be more conservative, but it can be moderated by strength of will to some extent. I discipline myself never to refuse to try something on the basis of age or "I've never done/tested/tried this before". If I refuse, it will be for a reason like safety (don't want to break bones!) or cost. My mum is one who has virtually stopped trying new things since she turned 40, and I don't want to be like her.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 10747
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:16 pm
Total Likes: 195


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby bb_ mom » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:31 pm

Jennifer wrote:
ngl2010 wrote:
Jennifer wrote:This morning I bou cherries from Giant @ Beauty World, now promo $12+ per kg, UP $24+ per kg

Very fresh n sweet.

Is it from Turkey? Last week we bought from NTUC and they are very juicy (which is rare for cherries) :love:


Not Turkey, it is from USA.

White cherries or red?

bb_ mom
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 8860
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:26 pm
Total Likes: 13



Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Funz » Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:19 pm

Jennifer wrote:
bb_ mom wrote:
Jennifer wrote:Do you feel that as we grow older, we are more afraid of trying out new things?

I know that I stick to tried and tasted food, don't like to try new foods. I enjoy going holidaying at new unvisited places but must be civilized places ie must have clean decent toilets.



I dread using the Self Check Out stations in Clementi Mall NTUC. Very kancheong esp if there are pple q'g behind me. So far, I only use the station twice.


Wah I very happy when I first saw CS introducing the self checkout counters then NTUC. I will head straight for those especially if the queue is short. I love the scan n go at NTUC Finest. It would be perfect if they allow self checkout for that too.

I notice that Singaporeans are still sceptical about all these self service counters and I am very happy as it means shorter queue for me. :lol:

Funz
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 12190
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 12:48 pm
Total Likes: 334


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Integer » Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:21 pm

slmkhoo wrote:I doubt you are over 50, but for those who are 50yo or older, mammograms and pap smears at polyclinics are free (I think maybe only this year). The normal price for mammograms for those 40yo and over is $50; not sure about those under 40. Normal price for pap smear at polyclinics is quite low (under $20?). I turned 50 earlier this year, so I'm going for my free mammogram and pap smear next week.

Only those who turn 50 this yr (born 1964) are invited for the free mammogram & pap smear, to mark the Spore Cancer Society 50th anniversary.

http://www.scs50.org.sg/early.html

Integer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 3555
Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 7:50 am
Total Likes: 13


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby slmkhoo » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:38 pm

Integer wrote:
slmkhoo wrote:I doubt you are over 50, but for those who are 50yo or older, mammograms and pap smears at polyclinics are free (I think maybe only this year). The normal price for mammograms for those 40yo and over is $50; not sure about those under 40. Normal price for pap smear at polyclinics is quite low (under $20?). I turned 50 earlier this year, so I'm going for my free mammogram and pap smear next week.

Only those who turn 50 this yr (born 1964) are invited for the free mammogram & pap smear, to mark the Spore Cancer Society 50th anniversary.

http://www.scs50.org.sg/early.html

Oh, then I am lucky to be born in the right year! I thought it was "50 and above", didn't know it was only for those aged exactly 50.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 10747
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:16 pm
Total Likes: 195


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Integer » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:27 pm

slmkhoo wrote:
Integer wrote:
slmkhoo wrote:I doubt you are over 50, but for those who are 50yo or older, mammograms and pap smears at polyclinics are free (I think maybe only this year). The normal price for mammograms for those 40yo and over is $50; not sure about those under 40. Normal price for pap smear at polyclinics is quite low (under $20?). I turned 50 earlier this year, so I'm going for my free mammogram and pap smear next week.

Only those who turn 50 this yr (born 1964) are invited for the free mammogram & pap smear, to mark the Spore Cancer Society 50th anniversary.

http://www.scs50.org.sg/early.html

Oh, then I am lucky to be born in the right year! I thought it was "50 and above", didn't know it was only for those aged exactly 50.

:smile: :rahrah:

Integer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 3555
Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 7:50 am
Total Likes: 13


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Jennifer » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:17 pm

KKH Dr. Kew called :wink:

one small fibroid, size 1.6cm, in the uterus that is in a position that does not affect Aunt M, maybe that explains for the no cramp no pain.

to be reviewed 6 mths later, instead of one year later since the last year scan did not show anything, this should be a new growth.

So, ladies.

Even if your Aunt M does not cause you any trouble, it is still advisable to do a scan every year.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25998
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121


PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres