Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Jennifer » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:02 am

Imami wrote:
Jennifer wrote:elder boy finds sth missing if he does not work socks to sleep. It has become a routine that he even wears socks to sleep when he is at boarding or overseas programme. His roommate used to seeing him in socks before bedtime too.

Those 80% cotton socks are so worn out that they are very thin now which I doubt provide enough warmth, might be a comfort thing for him instead, like a toddler with his favourite bolster or nappy :rotflmao:

Jennifer, check with you-no intention to "wean" elder boy off the socks? I am asking because tofu boy has been wearing socks since infant time and still wearing. Even though he can go sock-less when sleeping, he would dutifully ask for them.

As he grows older, I am wondering if I shd wean him off socks for fear that his friends may laugh at him during eg sleepover, school camp etc. The female relatives and friends have been impressed though, that he continues to wear socks to sleep since it is actually a good habit.

:lol:

No leh, the thought of weaning off never comes to me.

When he first started boarding at sec 1, I did ask him: he is cool with the wearing. I got him new socks though, so they look more presentable. He still wears plain white cotton T and long cotton pants with minimal designs to sleep, at home or at boarding or at overseas trips. Never come back to say pple laugh at him.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:07 am

Jennifer wrote:Never come back to say pple laugh at him.

I think even if there are pple who ask him why so big boy still wear socks to sleep, elder boy will most likely brush such remarks aside. I think, as long as he believes what he is doing is good for himself, he wont care much abt what others say.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Imami » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:27 am

Jennifer wrote:
Jennifer wrote:Never come back to say pple laugh at him.

I think even if there are pple who ask him why so big boy still wear socks to sleep, elder boy will most likely brush such remarks aside. I think, as long as he believes what he is doing is good for himself, he wont care much abt what others say.

Glad you mention this. 我心里正是那么想的。but I am not sure how you would interpret if I were to say it out, that's why I delete what I have typed. Based on what you have said, elder boy has a strong and positive emotional core. I remembered what you said about him brushing it off as a harmless prank when some unpleasant things happened to him.

I tend to believe this kind of people has a lot of love and kindness within them. Very 胸襟宽厚.

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ChiefKiasu » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:27 am

Imami wrote:Jennifer, check with you-no intention to "wean" elder boy off the socks? I am asking because tofu boy has been wearing socks since infant time and still wearing. Even though he can go sock-less when sleeping, he would dutifully ask for them.

As he grows older, I am wondering if I shd wean him off socks for fear that his friends may laugh at him during eg sleepover, school camp etc. The female relatives and friends have been impressed though, that he continues to wear socks to sleep since it is actually a good habit.

Why wean, Imami? Wearing socks to sleep is a good healthy habit, especially if you sleep in air-conditioned rooms.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby Jennifer » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:30 am

ChiefKiasu wrote:
Imami wrote:Jennifer, check with you-no intention to "wean" elder boy off the socks? I am asking because tofu boy has been wearing socks since infant time and still wearing. Even though he can go sock-less when sleeping, he would dutifully ask for them.

Why wean, Imami? Wearing socks to sleep is a good healthy habit, especially if you sleep in air-conditioned rooms.

Chief, u penguin no wear socks to sleep hor :rotflmao: ?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:32 am

Imami wrote:I tend to believe this kind of people has a lot of love and kindness within them. Very 胸襟宽厚.

I dunno this. He is very strict with ah boy.

I ever ask him why the double standard, he got no answer for me. Maybe it is like us being parents: can close 2 eyes to the misbehaviour of other pple's children but iron hand with our own?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Imami » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:37 am

ChiefKiasu wrote:Why wean, Imami? Wearing socks to sleep is a good healthy habit, especially if you sleep in air-conditioned rooms.

it is.

But imagine this - son goes to a chalet party and stay overnight. At bed time, he takes out his socks and put them on. I am betting most young people don't wear socks at bed time? And I imagine some boys would go,"eh tofu, why you wear socks?! Still baby ar?" and then I wonder if his little gf would go,"aiyo tofu, so gu niang leh! Wear socks?!"

If tofu boy goes,"my mummy says wear socks at bedtime is good.", I am quite confident my son ain't gonna get a wife. :stupid:

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Porky Pig » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:41 am

Imami wrote:
ChiefKiasu wrote:Why wean, Imami? Wearing socks to sleep is a good healthy habit, especially if you sleep in air-conditioned rooms.

it is.

But imagine this - son goes to a chalet party and stay overnight. At bed time, he takes out his socks and put them on. I am betting most young people don't wear socks at bed time? And I imagine some boys would go,"eh tofu, why you wear socks?! Still baby ar?" and then I wonder if his little gf would go,"aiyo tofu, so gu niang leh! Wear socks?!"

If tofu boy goes,"my mummy says wear socks at bedtime is good.", I am quite confident my son ain't gonna get a wife. :stupid:

My little Dd has been trained since birth to wear socks to bed. At home, it is like a routine for her. However she is quick to adapt say for sleepovers where she will go "sock-less". It is all up to the individual.

Porky Pig
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Imami » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:42 am

Jennifer wrote:I dunno this. He is very strict with ah boy.
I ever ask him why the double standard, he got no answer for me. Maybe it is like us being parents: can close 2 eyes to the misbehaviour of other pple's children but iron hand with our own?

this is a good sign but need to guide. I mean we all need to understand the teachings can be the same but the teaching method shd be carefully chosen to suit the student.

It is quite obvious to me that he loves his little brother and wants him to be behaving

严以律已 宽以待人

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ChiefKiasu » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:47 am

Jennifer wrote:Chief, u penguin no wear socks to sleep hor :rotflmao: ?

Have you seen our feet? We wear socks all day and night long!

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres