Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby ChiefKiasu » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:49 am

Imami wrote:it is.

But imagine this - son goes to a chalet party and stay overnight. At bed time, he takes out his socks and put them on. I am betting most young people don't wear socks at bed time? And I imagine some boys would go,"eh tofu, why you wear socks?! Still baby ar?" and then I wonder if his little gf would go,"aiyo tofu, so gu niang leh! Wear socks?!"

If tofu boy goes,"my mummy says wear socks at bedtime is good.", I am quite confident my son ain't gonna get a wife. :stupid:

Who knows? If he is charismatic enough, he might actually convert everyone at the party to wear socks to sleep :)

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby slmkhoo » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:01 am

Imami wrote:But imagine this - son goes to a chalet party and stay overnight. At bed time, he takes out his socks and put them on. I am betting most young people don't wear socks at bed time? And I imagine some boys would go,"eh tofu, why you wear socks?! Still baby ar?" and then I wonder if his little gf would go,"aiyo tofu, so gu niang leh! Wear socks?!"

If tofu boy goes,"my mummy says wear socks at bedtime is good.", I am quite confident my son ain't gonna get a wife. :stupid:

Is wearing socks to sleep considered a 'baby' or 'girly' thing? I've only ever worn socks to sleep in the winter, and similarly for my daughters, but to me, it's just a personal idiosyncracy and I wouldn't necessarily think it's only for the young or for girls. I don't think you should worry about what others think.

Your son's (imagined) response is probably what will cause him to be laughed at - if he is old enough to go for a sleepover, then he should have his own reasons for doing something, not merely because you told him to. So if you want him to have a response that won't be laughed at, convince him why it's a good thing to do, and teach him how to give a reasoned response. And even if others think it's silly or funny, encourage him to have the confidence to be different if he feels that it's sensible.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:09 am

slmkhoo wrote:Your son's (imagined) response is probably what will cause him to be laughed at - if he is old enough to go for a sleepover, then he should have his own reasons for doing something, not merely because you told him to. So if you want him to have a response that won't be laughed at, convince him why it's a good thing to do, and teach him how to give a reasoned response. And even if others think it's silly or funny, encourage him to have the confidence to be different if he feels that it's sensible.

:goodpost:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:09 am

Imami wrote:
ChiefKiasu wrote:Why wean, Imami? Wearing socks to sleep is a good healthy habit, especially if you sleep in air-conditioned rooms.

it is.

But imagine this - son goes to a chalet party and stay overnight. At bed time, he takes out his socks and put them on. I am betting most young people don't wear socks at bed time? And I imagine some boys would go,"eh tofu, why you wear socks?! Still baby ar?" and then I wonder if his little gf would go,"aiyo tofu, so gu niang leh! Wear socks?!"

imami,

u think too much lah :lol:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Imami » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:41 am

Jennifer wrote:
slmkhoo wrote:Your son's (imagined) response is probably what will cause him to be laughed at - if he is old enough to go for a sleepover, then he should have his own reasons for doing something, not merely because you told him to. So if you want him to have a response that won't be laughed at, convince him why it's a good thing to do, and teach him how to give a reasoned response. And even if others think it's silly or funny, encourage him to have the confidence to be different if he feels that it's sensible.

:goodpost:

Exactly my sentiments. I don't want a child who does things because "mummy says so". It would be my failure as a parent.

Btw slmkhoo, you are posting lesser these days. Been busy?

Jennifer, I really feel better about the socks thing after what chief, you and slmkhoo have said.

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby slmkhoo » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:44 am

Imami wrote:Btw slmkhoo, you are posting lesser these days. Been busy?

I went on vacation for about 12 days and took a few more days to get things organised at home! Been busy with some work too.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:45 am

slmkhoo wrote:I went on vacation for about 12 days and took a few more days to get things organised at home! Been busy with work too.

Where did you go?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby slmkhoo » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:46 am

Jennifer wrote:
slmkhoo wrote:I went on vacation for about 12 days and took a few more days to get things organised at home! Been busy with work too.

Where did you go?

China - where we used to live. Mainly to see people, not places.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:17 pm

slmkhoo wrote:
Jennifer wrote:

Where did you go?

China - where we used to live. Mainly to see people, not places.

meaning u n family staying put in Sg, not going to go back anymore :smile: ?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jjxy mum » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:18 pm

Jennifer, have you got your zwilling knife? The Ntuc that I went only left with Chef's knife, bread knife and utility knife...
I got Santoku yesterday...thinking of getting another type..

jjxy mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres