Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby jjxy mum » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:13 pm

icy_mama wrote:done! :smile:

Me too.

Where do you usually buy your salmon?

jjxy mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby icy_mama » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:18 pm

jjxy mum wrote:

Me too.

normal salmon for cooking. ntuc. cos only i'll eat.
salmon skin/salmon bones/salmon fish head. hokkaido fish market.
raw salmon sashimi. meidi-ya, hokkaido fish market, jason's market, cold storage. preference in that order. :smile:

icy_mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ChiefKiasu » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:18 pm

Jennifer wrote:https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1TVnlT_ ... rm?c=0&w=1

Hi, gals.

Need some help to improve this qnaire n respond to it. Elder boy's sch project.

Many thanks in advance :grphug:

That's a strange questionaire. I help students do research projects so questionaire design is a major peeve that I have with students. It has to be designed in order to answer the specific research question.

I am not able to detect the research question from the questionaire. It appears it is attempting to find out two main things:
a. Consumers' preference of places to purchase groceries
b. Consumers' preferred indicator of quality of groceries.

The above criteria may be useful, but definitely incomplete. Other criteria such as convenience, cost, promotions, recommendations, nature of grocery, etc should also be considered to capture a more complete picture. Otherwise, if the survey data shows that most people prefer to buy from supermarkets, the only conclusion that you can draw from the data is that it is because people prefer to be able to touch and feel the orange themselves to remove their uncertainty about the quality of the products they are about to purchase. This may be a contributing factor, but there could be other more important factors: eg. the cheaper online prices were not low enough for consumers to want to give up their control on food quality.

I give my students a hard time, as you can tell... :lol:

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby jjxy mum » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:25 pm

icy_mama wrote:
jjxy mum wrote:

Me too.

normal salmon for cooking. ntuc. cos only i'll eat.
salmon skin/salmon bones/salmon fish head. hokkaido fish market.
raw salmon sashimi. meidi-ya, hokkaido fish market, jason's market, cold storage. preference in that order. :smile:

Oh! I remember you mentioned you bought salmon from wet market?? Or issit other type of fish..

The other day when I bou salmon from wet market, ds commented that it tasted better than those in Ntuc. Also, that fish monger also told me his salmon is good-er ones.

jjxy mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby icy_mama » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:29 pm

jjxy mum wrote:Oh! I remember you mentioned you bought salmon from wet market?? Or issit other type of fish..

The other day when I bou salmon from wet market, ds commented that it tasted better than those in Ntuc. Also, that fish monger also told me his salmon is good-er ones.

maybe the difference in taste has nothing to do with the fish. it's your cooking skills that has improved by leaps and bounds. :wink:

i'd only buy batang and salmon from ntuc. imo, for the other type of fishes, those from wet market is better. :smile:

icy_mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jjxy mum » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:38 pm

icy_mama wrote:
jjxy mum wrote:Oh! I remember you mentioned you bought salmon from wet market?? Or issit other type of fish..

maybe the difference in taste has nothing to do with the fish. it's your cooking skills that has improved by leaps and bounds. :wink:

i'd only buy batang and salmon from ntuc. imo, for the other type of fishes, those from wet market is better. :smile:

:smile: ya..cooking skills plays an important roles.

Agreed with you, my dad also told me that those batang in Ntuc was very fresh too...may get some tomorrow.

jjxy mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Imami » Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:26 am

Have you ladies tried places like Song fish?

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Integer » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:03 am

icy_mama wrote:

Agree.. also jjxy mum is hardworking & eager to learn. Her enthusiasm is q.infectious, to a jaded cook like moi.:salute:

:hi5: sama sama. Althou sometimes I do buy salmon fm the wet mkt too, depending on whether they have the cut I want.

Integer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Integer » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:17 am

ngl2010 wrote:icy_mama, all my sisters have very fine veins too (not me, luckily). So, usually they straight away ask for the finest needle like needle for babies. It helps if the nurse is very experienced. If get those inexperienced one, then better :siam:

My father & sis also have v.fine veins. In fact, his fine veins is the main reason why his vascular surgery to prepare him for haemodialysis failed. Thru ultrasound, the Prof concluded tt most of his veins are small & not likely to be able to develop into av fistulas & if we choose to attempt another surgery, q.likely he'll implant a graft in for vascular access.

Luckily my veins are of a noticeable size, esp those on my left hand. But I'm also a chicken, I always look away when the needle pricked me. Blood is also my downfall, I can literally faint on seeing large amt of blood. :sick:

Integer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Integer » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:29 am

Jennifer wrote:https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1TVnlT_ ... rm?c=0&w=1

Hi, gals.

Need some help to improve this qnaire n respond to it. Elder boy's sch project.

Many thanks in advance :grphug:

Done.

This survey is to test the waters 1st?

All the best, elder boy! :celebrate:

Integer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres