Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby slmkhoo » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:55 pm

Jennifer wrote:
slmkhoo wrote:
Jennifer wrote:Just read that 31 blocks of Tanglin Halt HDB flats are slated for demolished.

Still some years in the future. In the meanwhile, I'm going to be living in a construction zone for the next 5 yrs or so! I just hope it won't be too noisy and dusty, but I think that's a vain hope. And all the views from my windows, what's left of them, will be gone soon.


U staying there now?

I used to live in Blk 65, windy n unblocked view from the kitchen. Still remember the aroma of freshly baked bread in the early morning from the blk 70+ bakery.

And the PAP kindy I used to attend at blk 70+

Btw, has you bn informed where u can move to?

Seems like many shops will be closing down and the mkt/hawker stalls also moving away. Going to be very inconvenient for the residents who continue to stay till the last days.

No, I stay near where the new flats will be. The construction zones will be visible from my windows! I am hoping that they will get the shops and food centre completed sooner rather than later as we really need more stuff near here! I shop at the Sheng Siong at Tanglin Halt though, and I hope they won't close until something else opens nearer me.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 10628
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:16 pm
Total Likes: 195


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Imami » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:56 pm

Sent siong tangling halt is so convenient! For the residents there I mean. Working mothers can just pop in the grab some food for the day's dinner or something.

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 11015
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:04 pm
Total Likes: 37


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Jennifer » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:55 pm

The ones to be demolished shld b the older blocks, at least 40 years old ones.

Just wondering, one buys a 99 HDB flat, yet does not live in one for 99 years. Residentsbr offered Margaret Drive, Dawson Estate. Those thinking of enrolling their child in New Town Pri will b most affected.

Doubt Sheng Siong block will be affected, it is quite new n there r a few newer blocks in front of the mrt station.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25810
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Jennifer » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:59 pm

Ah boy recd a msg from the squash coach, special lessons will b catered for him n another student as they r the better ones. So more stay back in sch days. Luckily we terminated the private tennis lesson. Thought of reducing his physical activities lvl now ends up with special lessons. 真是人算,不如天算。

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25810
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Jennifer » Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:07 pm

Bou a Perlini white casual bag n a small Remona pouch. When.hubby asked what I bou, I used a sian sian tone to answer him. Immediately he commented: o, not sth u really like. So u b looking ard?

Haha, got my passport to buy another bag :)

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25810
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121



Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby slmkhoo » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:49 pm

Jennifer wrote:The ones to be demolished shld b the older blocks, at least 40 years old ones.

Just wondering, one buys a 99 HDB flat, yet does not live in one for 99 years. Residentsbr offered Margaret Drive, Dawson Estate. Those thinking of enrolling their child in New Town Pri will b most affected.

Doubt Sheng Siong block will be affected, it is quite new n there r a few newer blocks in front of the mrt station.

It's not that far to walk to New Town Pr if they are at the Margaret Dr sites. From Dawson, Queenstown Pr is nearer, but NT Pr is still only a few bus stops away. Yes, looks like housing on 99yr leasehold plots never stays there for the full 99yrs. However, it does mean that our housing stock is mostly relatively new and not as rundown as some other cities.

I'm not afraid of the block SS is in being affected, but that when residents get fewer, they will decide to close! Hopefully not until something else opens in the new housing areas.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 10628
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:16 pm
Total Likes: 195


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Integer » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:52 am

Jennifer wrote:Bou a Perlini white casual bag n a small Remona pouch. When.hubby asked what I bou, I used a sian sian tone to answer him. Immediately he commented: o, not sth u really like. So u b looking ard?

Haha, got my passport to buy another bag :)

:rahrah:

Your new bag is all white? Have not had a pure white bag for a long time. In fact, shoes too till recently. Read abt other forummers white shoes & realised I only have a pair of white slip-ons. Saw a pair of white shoes wh I like at Metro & bought it to qualify for the metro card.

Now I find like not easy to match my clothes with the white shoes, so still haven't 开张.. :smile:

Integer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 3555
Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 7:50 am
Total Likes: 13


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby bb_ mom » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:06 pm

Integer wrote:
Jennifer wrote:Bou a Perlini white casual bag n a small Remona pouch. When.hubby asked what I bou, I used a sian sian tone to answer him. Immediately he commented: o, not sth u really like. So u b looking ard?

Haha, got my passport to buy another bag :)

:rahrah:

Your new bag is all white? Have not had a pure white bag for a long time. In fact, shoes too till recently. Read abt other forummers white shoes & realised I only have a pair of white slip-ons. Saw a pair of white shoes wh I like at Metro & bought it to qualify for the metro card.

Now I find like not easy to match my clothes with the white shoes, so still haven't 开张.. :smile:

I thought should be quite easy to match? I wore with a pair of blue bermudas. After nod of ok from DD.

bb_ mom
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 8860
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:26 pm
Total Likes: 13


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Jennifer » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:07 pm

The bag is white with brown handles and brown trimmings at the bottom. Used it today, a bit clumsy :lol:

I hv a pair of white shoes, to match with dresses for smart casual, hardly used.

Bou a tube of leather cream, going to take out the old leather handbags to wipe clean. Dunno how those r doing in the cupboard :sweat:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25810
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121


Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Integer » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:43 pm

bb_ mom wrote:
Integer wrote:
Jennifer wrote:Bou a Perlini white casual bag n a small Remona pouch. When.hubby asked what I bou, I used a sian sian tone to answer him. Immediately he commented: o, not sth u really like. So u b looking ard?

Haha, got my passport to buy another bag :)

:rahrah:

Your new bag is all white? Have not had a pure white bag for a long time. In fact, shoes too till recently. Read abt other forummers white shoes & realised I only have a pair of white slip-ons. Saw a pair of white shoes wh I like at Metro & bought it to qualify for the metro card.

Now I find like not easy to match my clothes with the white shoes, so still haven't 开张.. :smile:

I thought should be quite easy to match? I wore with a pair of blue bermudas. After nod of ok from DD.

Prob too long didn't wear white shoes, to me like too lao sweet? :smile:

Integer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 3555
Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 7:50 am
Total Likes: 13


PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres