Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby icy_mama » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:05 pm

ah boy managed to keep his dinner down?

icy_mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby slmkhoo » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:22 am

Jennifer wrote:
slmkhoo wrote:
Jennifer wrote:Doc said it is gastric flu.

Hubby :spank: me for blaming indigestion.

That's not very fair - the initial symptoms are pretty much the same. Poor boy, didn't he have this just a while ago? Is he very susceptible? By the way, is he a careful handwasher? Because there was a period when my older girl got this more often, I think it was because she often took snacks from a friend who was NOT a good handwasher. It got better after I told her to take food direct from the packet, not from her friend's hand!

ah boy does not believe in handwashing, dun ask me how I live with this :lol:

Maybe you can drop a few hints now that he's sick? One of my good friend's oldest son had some issues once when we were at a camp, and I just casually mentioned to his mother in his presence that my daughter had also been sick earlier and I suspected her classmate's lack of handwashing. The boy, then around 13yo, went "Oops!" and his mother laughed, but I think he did improve after that experience!

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:29 am

icy_mama wrote:ah boy managed to keep his dinner down?

Yap, managed to eat a quarter portion of what he usu. eats.

This morning off to school.

This boy ah, he complained he still felt a little dizzy last night, yet wears his PE attire underneath the sch U this morning, bcos he is going for squash after sch :shrug:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:30 am

slmkhoo wrote:
Jennifer wrote:ah boy does not believe in handwashing, dun ask me how I live with this :lol:

Maybe you can drop a few hints now that he's sick? One of my good friend's oldest son had some issues once when we were at a camp, and I just casually mentioned to his mother in his presence that my daughter had also been sick earlier and I suspected her classmate's lack of handwashing. The boy, then around 13yo, went "Oops!" and his mother laughed, but I think he did improve after that experience!

I showed him your posting. Ytd, he washed his hands more often :wink:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:31 am

Jennifer wrote:Yogurt in the thermal pot now. Hopefully the probiotic powder works.

Yogurt in the chiller now. Looked kinda runny. Let's see n taste how it is after chilling.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby icy_mama » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:33 am

Jennifer wrote:
Jennifer wrote:Yogurt in the thermal pot now. Hopefully the probiotic powder works.

Yogurt in the chiller now. Looked kinda runny. Let's see n taste how it is after chilling.

i was just thinking of this, so i logged in to ask u.... then i read this. :lol: i wanna know how it taste like too. :smile:

icy_mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby icy_mama » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:35 am

Jennifer wrote:
icy_mama wrote:ah boy managed to keep his dinner down?

Yap, managed to eat a quarter portion of what he usu. eats.

This morning off to school.

This boy ah, he complained he still felt a little dizzy last night, yet wears his PE attire underneath the sch U this morning, bcos he is going for squash after sch :shrug:

no sickness will stop my dd for her squash practice too. :lol:

i think he's well now! :rahrah:

icy_mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:31 am

icy_mama wrote:
Jennifer wrote:

i was just thinking of this, so i logged in to ask u.... then i read this. :lol: i wanna know how it taste like too. :smile:

It tasted bland to me, a little sour to hubby. Still runny, like yogurt drink. Surface is coarse. I added fruity honey to make it nicer.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby icy_mama » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:50 am

Jennifer wrote:It tasted bland to me, a little sour to hubby. Still runny, like yogurt drink. Surface is coarse. I added fruity honey to make it nicer.

thank you for sharing.

maybe the live cultures ain't that live. u sure it's edible? dowan u to get a tummy upset.

icy_mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby schweppes » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:53 am

Jennifer wrote:
Integer wrote:
Jennifer wrote:bou the eggs on Sat, thought of doing the hair mask today

http://urbanbushbabes.com/3-diy-protein ... aged-hair/

You plan to add anything to the eggs? My next treatment think I'll add some yoghurt. :wink:

SGH doctor prescribed live cultures probiotic capsules to hubby. Hubby took them n felt queasy stomach, so he is stopping them. I now hv 20 capsules, so I thought I use them in yogurt making, then use some of the yogurt for hair mask.

Did not get any done today, cos spent the whole morning in KKH.

Then all the more he should continue with the probiotics. It's precisely there's bad bacteria in the gut and the live cultures are there to build good bacteria and strengthen immunity. When a person sometimes has the runs after taking probiotics, it's nature's way of getting rid of the toxins and bad bacteria out of the body, so as to make way for better absorption of nutrients.

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres