Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby TheAnswer » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:41 am

Jennifer wrote:
TheAnswer wrote:Jennifer..
I understand how you feel because I feel the same way :snuggles:

:thankyou:

Took me a while to write the post - to be neutral n not to look offended.

I guess I was also indirectly hammered for introducing a thick book. Oh well.. Haiz..

TheAnswer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby TheAnswer » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:44 am

Jennifer wrote:Well, ytd other than ah boy's episode, elder boy also got drama.

The flight is supposed to leave ard 1pm.

Close to 2pm, he sms me: we got down the plane, technical problem

Then ard 3pm, we r boarding.

No word from him till 11pm plus.

Hubby got his whatsapp this morning, arrived at hotel ard 12mn.

:snuggles:

TheAnswer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby TheAnswer » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:45 am

I have been multitasking a lot lately. Too much tension. I also need timeout but gotta wait till exams are over.

TheAnswer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ngl2010 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:47 am

Hi Jen,

I saw your question about centre to fine tune Science answering technique. I didn't answer because I haven't found one and I have given up searching. I sent DS to Learning Lab for 1 term and they are more like enrichment centre so I pulled him out. I bought LisC book from Science Heuristics but I thought the technique is quite general. Kinda common sense. So, I didn't answer your post. :imsorry:

DS's Chinese tutor is going for honeymoon and will only be back on 25 September. DS's English tutor has been enlisted to NS so we've been English tutorless for about 1 month. We have no Science and no Maths tuition. I saw your post about your DS's Science tutor. It is going to be tough but we will go through it, ok? :hi5:

ngl2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:30 am

ngl2010 wrote:Hi Jen,

I saw your question about centre to fine tune Science answering technique. I didn't answer because I haven't found one and I have given up searching. I sent DS to Learning Lab for 1 term and they are more like enrichment centre so I pulled him out. I bought LisC book from Science Heuristics but I thought the technique is quite general. Kinda common sense. So, I didn't answer your post. :imsorry:

DS's Chinese tutor is going for honeymoon and will only be back on 25 September. DS's English tutor has been enlisted to NS so we've been English tutorless for about 1 month. We have no Science and no Maths tuition. I saw your post about your DS's Science tutor. It is going to be tough but we will go through it, ok? :hi5:

Oh dear, I am sorry if I sounded like I was angry becos no one recommended any Sci centre. Really, a misunderstanding. I just wanted to highlighted it is not easy to find sb as suggested in one of the posts.

I think the member who suggested this, sembgal? , does not hv any child in PSLE. Hence her views r not really practical.

I just wanted to vent a little that unless we r in that kind of situation, with a slightly more challenging child, it is not going to be easy to say we understand n could offer some form of advice.

U take care too. Must be a tiring period for you as well that your boy's 2 tutors r not going to be around to help through the period.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:32 am

TheAnswer wrote:I have been multitasking a lot lately. Too much tension. I also need timeout but gotta wait till exams are over.

One of the reasons why I did not ask you to be ah boy's tutor. I do no want to add to your stress.

he is really really a :slapshead: :frustrated: :stupid: :heresmyfish: :spank:

:rotflmao:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby icy_mama » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:33 am

TheAnswer wrote:
Jennifer wrote:
TheAnswer wrote:Jennifer..
I understand how you feel because I feel the same way :snuggles:

:thankyou:

Took me a while to write the post - to be neutral n not to look offended.

I guess I was also indirectly hammered for introducing a thick book. Oh well.. Haiz..

theanswer, from my point of view, no hammering there at all. just different points of views from different parents esp with psle just 28days away. please don't take it so hard. come, come, i :hugs:

jennifer, i can totally feel your frustration with ah boy at this stage. u know, i have a feeling, my lil piggy, fast tracked to 6 years later will be just like him. my headache will come. mark my words! then, i'll need loads of advice from u. :smile:

for now, we'll do what we needed to do best for our own child. no matter what, we know our dc the best. consequences are also borne by ourselves and by our dc, nobody else. let's do the needful and put our best foot forward. :nunchuk:

icy_mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby TheAnswer » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:39 am

Jennifer wrote:
TheAnswer wrote:I have been multitasking a lot lately. Too much tension. I also need timeout but gotta wait till exams are over.

One of the reasons why I did not ask you to be ah boy's tutor. I do no want to add to your stress.

he is really really a :slapshead: :frustrated: :stupid: :heresmyfish: :spank:

:rotflmao:

Aiyo.. You think too highly of me :wink:
Anyway I just closed all my slots for next year's registration too :wink:
Business has been good :laugh:

TheAnswer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby TheAnswer » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:40 am

Thanks Icymama :grphug:

TheAnswer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:56 am

icy_mama wrote:jennifer, i can totally feel your frustration with ah boy at this stage. u know, i have a feeling, my lil piggy, fast tracked to 6 years later will be just like him. my headache will come. mark my words! then, i'll need loads of advice from u. :smile:

for now, we'll do what we needed to do best for our own child. no matter what, we know our dc the best. consequences are also borne by ourselves and by our dc, nobody else. let's do the needful and put our best foot forward. :nunchuk:

:pray: your lil piggy will not be like ah boy :smile:

though the din tai fung Xiao long bao episode quite similar to ah boy's style :rotflmao:

Everyone, jia you.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres