Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby autumnbronze » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:47 pm

Jennifer wrote:
icy_mama wrote:i'm sorry for your hubby's 513. i've no remedy.

Wen to NTUC to buy a box of colour run removal. Now in the washing machine. Hubby said if can't remove, then cut the jeans to bermuda style.

Hi jennifer,

Which colour run removal did you buy?

If its from Dylon, it should work. Follow the instructions to the letter. Try at least three times if it doesn't work the first time.

My previous helper washed my son's new clothes ie polo, gap etc ... that my DH had bought from the US with some other clothes and the colour ran into the new ones. I was very upset because a few told me no use liao, colour cannot come out. But I persisted with bleach, vanish, dynamo, then I found Dylon SOS colour run. For some of the shirts, i had to wash it with the colour run a few times before it went off.

autumnbronze
Councillor
Councillor

Postby icy_mama » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:50 pm

autumnbronze wrote:Hi jennifer,

If its from Dylon, it should work. Follow the instructions to the letter. Try at least three times if it doesn't work the first time.

My previous helper washed my son's new clothes ie polo, gap etc ... that my DH had bought from the US with some other clothes and the colour ran into the new ones. I was very upset because a few told me no use liao, colour cannot come out. But I persisted with bleach, vanish, dynamo, then I found Dylon SOS colour run. For some of the shirts, i had to wash it with the colour run a few times.

AB, i've got black dresses with white collars. the run from the black dress itself stained the collar and make it look greyish. u think this dylon sos colour run will work?

icy_mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:50 pm

AB, yes we bou this brand. Must do so many times ah? We only bou a box.

*crossing fingers*

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby autumnbronze » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:57 pm

Jennifer wrote:AB, yes we bou this brand. Must do so many times ah? We only bou a box.

*crossing fingers*

No no, not necessary many times.

I think it depends on how bad the colour run is.

Most of the shirts only needed once. Some i had to wash multiple times.

I was just preparing you in advance in case it doesn't work after one wash, you decide to convert the jeans to bermudas :smile:

Edited for grammatical errors :oops:
Last edited by autumnbronze on Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

autumnbronze
Councillor
Councillor

Postby autumnbronze » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:06 pm

icy_mama wrote:
autumnbronze wrote:Hi jennifer,

My previous helper washed my son's new clothes ie polo, gap etc ... that my DH had bought from the US with some other clothes and the colour ran into the new ones. I was very upset because a few told me no use liao, colour cannot come out. But I persisted with bleach, vanish, dynamo, then I found Dylon SOS colour run. For some of the shirts, i had to wash it with the colour run a few times.

AB, i've got black dresses with white collars. the run from the black dress itself stained the collar and make it look greyish. u think this dylon sos colour run will work?

icy_mama,

I cannot tell for sure. But i do believe Dylon is a trusted brand. Its been around since my teens as that was when I heard of it in those US magazines that I used to read then. I totally forgot about it until I chanced upon it at NTUC. :smile:

I think its no harm trying a few times if necessary to see if the stain will go off.

Sometimes, persistence pays off in the long run :smile:

So far its the kids' clothes that get affected cuz for us, I will separate the coloureds from others.

I also requested the helper to hand wash the the affected clothes with Dylon.

autumnbronze
Councillor
Councillor

Postby icy_mama » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:20 pm

autumnbronze wrote:icy_mama,

I cannot tell for sure. But i do believe Dylon is a trusted brand. Its been around since my teens as that was when I heard of it in those US magazines that I used to read then. I totally forgot about it until I chanced upon it at NTUC. :smile:

I think its no harm trying a few times if necessary to see if the stain will go off.

Sometimes, persistence pays off in the long run :smile:

So far its the kids' clothes that get affected cuz for us, I will separate the coloureds from others.

I also requested the helper to hand wash the the affected clothes with Dylon.

thanks, AB. the dyed grey collars looked like they were meant to be grey to start with. heh.... so i left it. i was more concerned if the black part will turn grey or worse with grey spots, then i'll be more :frustrated:

icy_mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:28 pm

The colour run is slightly lighter now. Need to do more washes.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby icy_mama » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:03 pm

Jennifer wrote:The colour run is slightly lighter now. Need to do more washes.

:xedfingers:

icy_mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:48 pm

Yogurt in thermal pot since 11.30am

Forgot to take pics.

Found another yogurt making using a big thermal pot.

[url]http://thermalcooker.wordpress.com/2010/02/02/thermos-cooker-yogurt-«-life-in-mexico/[/url]

http://thermalcooker.wordpress.com/2010 ... er-yogurt-«-life-in-mexico/

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby autumnbronze » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:52 pm

Jennifer wrote:The colour run is slightly lighter now. Need to do more washes.

Hopefully, the colour stain can be removed completely.

I didn't wait long for my next wash.

autumnbronze
Councillor
Councillor

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres