Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby icy_mama » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:14 pm

icy_mama wrote:temperature was between -8 and -14 degress celcius in jan i think. if u layer enough warm clothes, the cold is bearable.

for the kids, i start with a tshirt, then thermal underwear, then a sweater, preferably turtle neck, a scarf then with the down feather jacket. winter socks, snow boots and gloves complete the outfit everytime we go outdoors. looked huge and bulky but feeling warm is most important. when we were indoors, just remove the jacket.

i just realized i forgot to let the kids wear pants! :rotflmao:

if want to ski, needed those waterproof, windproof pants. if not, just thick jeans will do. for the colder nights, i added a pair of stockings too. :smile:

icy_mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ngl2010 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:20 pm

Jennifer wrote:
ngl2010 wrote:I think for my son it will be rebel stage first :sweat: . I am really not looking forward to the next few years :cry:

Nah, your boy seems very sensible. Should be ok all the way until he meets a girlfriend.

These days, I keep psycho'g elder boy must open eyes big big, dun find one who is proud n rude regardless pretty or not, highly educated or not, a good heart is most impt.

Agree. Good heart is most important :hi5:

ngl2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby icy_mama » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:25 pm

as parents, with our best efforts, best brainwashing techniques, when cupid shoots his arrow, love strikes, nothing matters anymore other than our blessings.

i tend to see things a bit more open. partner they'll have to face day in day out, as parents, we want to lead our own life once our job is done. they have their own life to lead too. :smile:

icy_mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:29 pm

icy_mama wrote:
icy_mama wrote:temperature was between -8 and -14 degress celcius in jan i think. if u layer enough warm clothes, the cold is bearable.

for the kids, i start with a tshirt, then thermal underwear, then a sweater, preferably turtle neck, a scarf then with the down feather jacket. winter socks, snow boots and gloves complete the outfit everytime we go outdoors. looked huge and bulky but feeling warm is most important. when we were indoors, just remove the jacket.

if want to ski, needed those waterproof, windproof pants. if not, just thick jeans will do. for the colder nights, i added a pair of stockings too. :smile:

:laugh: so funny.

the stockings - got for boy types?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby icy_mama » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:33 pm

Jennifer wrote:
icy_mama wrote:

:laugh: so funny.

the stockings - got for boy types?

no they wear mine. :oops: :laugh: tell u, when they are freezing cold, got bra warmer, they'll also wear. kekeke.

icy_mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:35 pm

icy_mama wrote:no they wear mine. :oops: :laugh: tell u, when they are freezing cold, got bra warmer, they'll also wear. kekeke.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Funz » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:42 pm

Haiz, what else but issues with our kids and drive us crazy.

At the rate dd is going, I'll be lucky if I still have hair to pull out when she does her PSLE. Got a couple of calls from her teacher regarding something she did in school. And that was right after a stunt that she pulled with me.

She is grounded for 2 weeks, no TV, no going out in the evening to play with friends, no phone, no computer access unless it's for work. But doesn't seem to affect her at all. She kept herself busy with painting her toe nails, making silly bookmarks for all her friends, composing nonsensical songs. I have to bite my tongue to keep from scolding her further each time I see her like that. The issue has been raised, talked about, she acknowledged her errors verbally, promised that she will not 'do it again'. I have to take that as it is. Problem is her actions tells me otherwise. haiz. see :frustrated:

Sorry, don't mean to rant.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Jennifer » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:57 pm

Funz wrote:Haiz, what else but issues with our kids and drive us crazy.

At the rate dd is going, I'll be lucky if I still have hair to pull out when she does her PSLE. Got a couple of calls from her teacher regarding something she did in school. And that was right after a stunt that she pulled with me.

She is grounded for 2 weeks, no TV, no going out in the evening to play with friends, no phone, no computer access unless it's for work. But doesn't seem to affect her at all. She kept herself busy with painting her toe nails, making silly bookmarks for all her friends, composing nonsensical songs. I have to bite my tongue to keep from scolding her further each time I see her like that. The issue has been raised, talked about, she acknowledged her errors verbally, promised that she will not 'do it again'. I have to take that as it is. Problem is her actions tells me otherwise. haiz. see :frustrated:

Go ahead n rant.

We all need to rant once a while.

:hugs:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby icy_mama » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:16 pm

funz, i can totally understand the frustration u have. but, in all honesty, i must say you have a unique character in your dd that is similiar to yours. that never bow down, never say die attitude is a sure winner when put to the right situation. when both of u is put together, you'll get sparks. that's why she gets to u so much.

rant all you want here, get back some sanity in the meantime. :hugs:

icy_mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Sun_2010 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:35 pm

Jennifer wrote:

Go ahead n rant.

We all need to rant once a while.

:hugs:

Funz, :hugs:

Nothing I can offer, but some experience.
DD was the same in her tweens - defiant, sometimes just for the heck of it. Drove me crazy. But the bright side is the teenage years are so much easier. During her tweens I dreaded even thinking about her teens. We share a more friendly relationship, we can discuss issues like adults ( mostly) , the immature child in her stills lurks around , but mostly manageable.

So hang in there.

Sun_2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres