Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby autumnbronze » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:23 pm

Busymom wrote:
Jennifer wrote:
autumnbronze wrote:Morning Jennifer,

The wood wet wipes is very wet. Can leave a soapy residue. So the helper says must mop after that.

I find the wet wipes very wasteful. After wiping, there is still some wetness on the wipe. Like the face mask :lol:

Reason for using wet wipes is to cut out mopping or ? :?

One of my friends does not wipe her wood flooring. Her maid just use magic clean wipes (dry). But this is ok for them as they don't have kids. In my case, I cannot don't mop the floor as my kids have a tendency to drop their biscuits, etc. on the floor. Even after dinner, you will see some rice droppings on the floor around the dining table, very obvious now that our flooring is white. :frustrated:

Last 3 nights (middle of the night), I even notice a lizard poo at almost the same spot on my floor :sick: . It was just below one of the aircon plemet in the dining room. :stompfeet: Hope it is not acidic. :pokeeye:

Ditto with Busymom with regard to kids messing up the floor.

And its also the lazy way out because when the helpers used the vacuum, there was a lot of banging around while they maneuvered the machine.

But, I always remind her to ensure windows are open and switch on the fan to air the room.
Last edited by autumnbronze on Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

autumnbronze
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Jennifer » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:42 pm

Saw a fresh milk advert in the newspapers this morning.

Not advisable to buy 2 litres milk carton.

Fresh milk, once opened, should be consumed within 3 days.

Dunno how true or just a mktg tactic to cast doubts on other brands that come with 2 litres.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Funz » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:41 pm

I just bought another 2L bottle of milk.

The milk is usually consumed within the expiry date. If you just bring the bottle out to pour and back into the fridge it goes, should be ok I guess.

So far no problems.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby icy_mama » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:07 pm

Funz wrote:I just bought another 2L bottle of milk.

The milk is usually consumed within the expiry date. If you just bring the bottle out to pour and back into the fridge it goes, should be ok I guess.

So far no problems.

same here.. also try to place them in a chiller bag when transporting from supermart to home. most importantly, no drinking directly from bottle.

icy_mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:57 pm

My attempt at yam rice.

Not sure exactly how much water to use. *cross fingers* would b just cooked nicely.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ChiefKiasu » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:00 pm

BTW... I bought a steam mop! Having used it once, I wondered why on earth I haven't got it earlier. It made mopping the floor sooooooooo much easier! and nicer! I actually had fun :)

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby Jennifer » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:02 pm

The salty roast pork belly is used, so I did not add light soya sauce or oyster sauce :xedfingers: only added a little dark soya sauce.

The mixture is in the rice cooker now. Very fragrant leh :lol:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Funz » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:03 pm

Jennifer wrote:Image

My attempt at yam rice.

Not sure exactly how much water to use. *cross fingers* would b just cooked nicely.

Looks good. :drool:

Maid recreated pumpkin rice for the kids. Not sure how it tasted.

I usually add just enough water to cover the rice. Cannot follow the cooking plain rice method, that will be too much water.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby autumnbronze » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:06 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote:BTW... I bought a steam mop! Having used it once, I wondered why on earth I haven't got it earlier. It made mopping the floor sooooooooo much easier! and nicer! I actually had fun :)

Chief,

Can share what brand please?

TIA!

autumnbronze
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Funz » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:06 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote:BTW... I bought a steam mop! Having used it once, I wondered why on earth I haven't got it earlier. It made mopping the floor sooooooooo much easier! and nicer! I actually had fun :)

:scratchhead: Chief is very much into housekeeping toys these days hor.

Thought most guys with mid-life crisis will go for fast cars and branded watches, etc.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres