Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Jennifer » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:06 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote:BTW... I bought a steam mop! Having used it once, I wondered why on earth I haven't got it earlier. It made mopping the floor sooooooooo much easier! and nicer! I actually had fun :)

Pls share lobang.

PSSST, Chief mops floor at home :scratchhead:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:07 pm

Funz wrote:I usually add just enough water to cover the rice. Cannot follow the cooking plain rice method, that will be too much water.

:yikes: I added water above the rice mixture :sweat:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Funz » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:09 pm

Jennifer wrote:
Funz wrote:I usually add just enough water to cover the rice. Cannot follow the cooking plain rice method, that will be too much water.

:yikes: I added water above the rice mixture :sweat:

See how it turns out. Read that you used the roast pork so maybe that extra bit of water is ok. For me I would have used raw chicken so that will have some moisture in it. I tend to err on the lesser water side. Cos if not enough can add water and cook a little longer. If add too much no way to remove.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby schweppes » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:16 pm

Jennifer wrote:Saw a fresh milk advert in the newspapers this morning.

Not advisable to buy 2 litres milk carton.

Fresh milk, once opened, should be consumed within 3 days.

Dunno how true or just a mktg tactic to cast doubts on other brands that come with 2 litres.

I saw that ad too. Definitely a marketing tactic. If u notice the 2L bottle design, it's probably referring to Meiji milk. Magnolia milk (showing the 1L packet milk designs) probably feels threatened and came up with all these stats and recommended guidelines that milk must be consumed within 3 days.

I buy the 2L bottles too and sometimes take a week to finish.

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Jennifer » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:30 pm

Too much water, rice grains hv no bite.

The yam cubes are so soft.

Would do with a little light soya sauce. I forgot to add white pepper too.
Last edited by Jennifer on Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:32 pm

schweppes wrote:
Jennifer wrote:Saw a fresh milk advert in the newspapers this morning.

Not advisable to buy 2 litres milk carton.

Fresh milk, once opened, should be consumed within 3 days.

Dunno how true or just a mktg tactic to cast doubts on other brands that come with 2 litres.

I saw that ad too. Definitely a marketing tactic. If u notice the 2L bottle design, it's probably referring to Meiji milk. Magnolia milk (showing the 1L packet milk designs) probably feels threatened and came up with all these stats and recommended guidelines that milk must be consumed within 3 days.

I buy the 2L bottles too and sometimes take a week to finish.

I think Sg has not seen such aggressive mktg tactics in the past. Wonder what the other milk brands PR will come up with to retaliate Magnolia.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ChiefKiasu » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:38 pm

Funz wrote: :scratchhead: Chief is very much into housekeeping toys these days hor.

Thought most guys with mid-life crisis will go for fast cars and branded watches, etc.

What to do... we are now maid-less. It's good because I feel we are finally getting back control over our lives. And the kids get to learn to be more responsible for themselves too.

I'm resorting to technology to try to reduce our load. Seems to be quite good so far. The only problem is the ironing :faint: . How come no one invented a ironing robot? :cry:

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby Jennifer » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:39 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote:
Funz wrote: :scratchhead: Chief is very much into housekeeping toys these days hor.

Thought most guys with mid-life crisis will go for fast cars and branded watches, etc.

What to do... we are now maid-less. It's good because I feel we are finally getting back control over our lives. And the kids get to learn to be more responsible for themselves too.

I'm resorting to technology to try to reduce our load. Seems to be quite good so far. The only problem is the ironing :faint: . How come no one invented a ironing robot? :cry:

http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum%20...%20&start=380

is it the one?

For ironing, what about steam garment machine? I saw just need to hang the garment n the steam will do the job?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ChiefKiasu » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:48 pm

Jennifer wrote:Pls share lobang.

PSSST, Chief mops floor at home :scratchhead:

I bought the Salav STM-401 for $94 (after using Qoo10 discount coupons). Original price was $109. That was the cheapest I could find.

Pros:
- Very clean (kills bacteria, etc). No need to, but I kiasu so I soaked the cloth in floor detergent first. I like the way the thing steamed the floor... like ironing liddat :)
- No need to keep washing and wringing floor cloth (thank God!)
- Light-weight and adjustable height. I'm too old to kneel or even squat to mop floors.

Cons:
- Must sweep the floor first before mopping. (That's not my job. That's my robot's job :evil: )
- Water tank of 350ml is a bit too small, I feel. Just mopping the living room used up all the water. Had to keep refilling.
- Electrical cord of 5m is still to short. Guess I need to get a really long extension cord for this thing.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby ChiefKiasu » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:50 pm

Broken link. You need to paste the link inside the leading tag like "[url=http://www...]"

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres