Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Imami » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:12 pm

Jennifer wrote:Imami, I put on night cream liao :smile:

Good night, everyone.

:smile: good girl.

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Busymom » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:26 am

Funz wrote:
ChiefKiasu wrote:BTW... I bought a steam mop! Having used it once, I wondered why on earth I haven't got it earlier. It made mopping the floor sooooooooo much easier! and nicer! I actually had fun :)

:scratchhead: Chief is very much into housekeeping toys these days hor.

Thought most guys with mid-life crisis will go for fast cars and branded watches, etc.

Not my DH. We have 2 garment steamers, 1 steam mop, 2 rainbows, 1 cordless iron, numerous inverter lamps...

Busymom
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Busymom » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:33 am

ChiefKiasu wrote:
Jennifer wrote:Pls share lobang.

PSSST, Chief mops floor at home :scratchhead:

I bought the Salav STM-401 for $94 (after using Qoo10 discount coupons). Original price was $109. That was the cheapest I could find.

Pros:
- Very clean (kills bacteria, etc). No need to, but I kiasu so I soaked the cloth in floor detergent first. I like the way the thing steamed the floor... like ironing liddat :)
- No need to keep washing and wringing floor cloth (thank God!)
- Light-weight and adjustable height. I'm too old to kneel or even squat to mop floors.

Cons:
- Must sweep the floor first before mopping. (That's not my job. That's my robot's job :evil: )
- Water tank of 350ml is a bit too small, I feel. Just mopping the living room used up all the water. Had to keep refilling.
- Electrical cord of 5m is still to short. Guess I need to get a really long extension cord for this thing.

We have the same brand but different model, I think.

It's good you have written the pros and cons. I actually have no idea. In fact, I didn't see my maid using this a lot. Tomorrow must go ask DH why.

Wow chief, you are the type who use cloth and kneel to clean floor? :salute:

Busymom
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Busymom » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:35 am

ChiefKiasu wrote:
Jennifer wrote:For ironing, what about steam garment machine? I saw just need to hang the garment n the steam will do the job?

I did think of it, but there are also my wives complaining that their garment steamers ended up as white elephants in their store rooms after their hubbies bought them on a whim, so I'm not sure. Maybe I'll invest in a cordless iron :wink:

The cordless iron is good, seems to make ironing easier. According to my maid.

Busymom
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Imami » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:38 am

Ladies, are you envious of mrs cks? I am.

I honestly don't remember my hubby getting all these gadgets, testing them out. I am the one researching on these toys, submit proposal for approval and then using them.

All he did was pay for them. At most, he read the manual, taught me how to use them.

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:53 am

Sun_2010 wrote:
Jennifer wrote:Imami, I put on night cream liao :smile:

Good night, everyone.

Good night Jennifer, going to do my stretches now
Third day in a row :-)

:rahrah:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:56 am

ChiefKiasu wrote:

I bought the Salav STM-401 for $94 (after using Qoo10 discount coupons). Original price was $109. That was the cheapest I could find.

Pros:
- Very clean (kills bacteria, etc). No need to, but I kiasu so I soaked the cloth in floor detergent first. I like the way the thing steamed the floor... like ironing liddat :)
- Light-weight and adjustable height. I'm too old to kneel or even squat to mop floors.

Cons:
- Must sweep the floor first before mopping. (That's not my job. That's my robot's job :evil: )
- Water tank of 350ml is a bit too small, I feel. Just mopping the living room used up all the water. Had to keep refilling.
- Electrical cord of 5m is still to short. Guess I need to get a really long extension cord for this thing.

:thankyou:

I saw this brand steam mop in one of the dept store advert, but there was no good review on the web or live demo to check out.

At the moment, I am the squat to hand mop homemaker, also wonder for how long more I can do this way.

Is there a Sg service centre?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:58 am

The yam rice tastes so good overnight.

I like my yam rice with lots of yam. However, hubby thinks I added too many :shrug:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby slmkhoo » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:59 am

Busymom wrote:
ChiefKiasu wrote:

Pros:

Cons:

We have the same brand but different model, I think.

It's good you have written the pros and cons. I actually have no idea. In fact, I didn't see my maid using this a lot. Tomorrow must go ask DH why.

Wow chief, you are the type who use cloth and kneel to clean floor? :salute:

My husband mops the floor. That's his only household chore, and only when he's not travelling! He does it with a regular wet mop that wrings by twisting. I must let him know about some of these other gadgets! I do the ironing and actually quite enjoy it - it's one of the only household tasks that is quiet, clean and you don't have to move around!

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby icy_mama » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:33 am

Jennifer wrote:The yam rice tastes so good overnight.

I like my yam rice with lots of yam. However, hubby thinks I added too many :shrug:

dun care... cook it the way u like to eat. just scoop lesser yams for him on his plate. :wink: i love yam rice... but that's double carbs and fatty pork! :sweat:

icy_mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres