Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Imami » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:42 am

Then that should be the one. If almost everything cleared, that will be the show stopper for the sign off. In any case, my take is there is no need to break your back for the GL.

In any case, come next year audit, they would still check on subsequent bs date activities. If any transaction was not appropriately reported, the auditors could always recommend to reopen the books and book in the audit adjustments.

In most cases, it's the materiality of the figure which catches the eyes. Related party transactions would bring forth concerns on proper cut off and/conso reporting.

Two months of post year end transactions is reasonable, in my opinion. The problem is perhaps the short notice and this being a new requirement?

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:13 pm

Imami wrote:The problem is perhaps the short notice and this being a new requirement?

I thought I had well prepared the audit schedules.

This year needed an extra confirmation of related party balances which the related party took some time to compile the figures.

Then needed a check on subsequent invoices to the deposits paid upfront. But this one I do not understand. I have enclosed all the subsequent invoices after year end and the corresponding SOA. The audit staff could easily tabulate and check against. Why did the staff not do so?

Anyway, I recd a call to inform me the superior agreed to pass the audit. So I am going back there again, which is my 3rd trip this week :gloomy: to pick up the documents.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:09 pm

It has bn a week since MIL sent back the helper. The new helper who was supposed to come on the same day, did not come bcos her passport had problem. The agent also gave no definite date of OKness.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Imami » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:12 pm

Not speaking on behalf of the auditors just sharing my observations from my own dealings with auditors and my colleagues' experiences with their auditors.

Some auditors don't do what they shd because no client has told them off. It's the "you do better than I do" mah. There are times when it's really the clients' responsibility. Over the years when I was still dealing with them, I realized there were some changes in audit requirements and both auditors and clients need to "move with time".

There was this guy I used to work with. Saw him moved from audit asst to finally audit manager. When I had issues with his ka gia, I will say,"you ask your manager to come and see me." lol.... Scare the sh** out of the young auditor. There were times when I gave in to the requests because I accepted his explanation and agreed with the objective behind the requirement.

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:55 pm

Imami wrote:When I had issues with his ka gia, I will say,"you ask your manager to come and see me." lol.... Scare the sh** out of the young auditor.

:rotflmao:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:00 pm

I was at Chinatown this morning. Almost got lost in the food centre, can't find the original way which is via New Bridge Centre lvl 2.

Noticed there are many tonic soup stalls in the food centre, really competitive.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:05 pm

Almost forget to talk about this: Soosul herbs skin care pdts. Saw the range in SinTong at People's Park Centre.

Anyone using?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:20 pm

Less running nose today. Got to do a clarifying wash off mask, now with a face mask on.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby bb_ mom » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:28 am

Imami wrote:When I had issues with his ka gia, I will say,"you ask your manager to come and see me." lol.... Scare the sh** out of the young auditor.

Reminds me of when I started work. Auditor ask silly questions and don't accept my explanations and want to see FM or legal counsel. My answer to them is always, "Sure, I can arrange for you to see them. But be very sure you want to ask her these questions. If not, she just hamtam you for not checking ahead." And they never do ask to meet them.

bb_ mom
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Imami » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:49 am

bb_ mom wrote:Reminds me of when I started work. Auditor ask silly questions and don't accept my explanations and want to see FM or legal counsel. My answer to them is always, "Sure, I can arrange for you to see them. But be very sure you want to ask her these questions. If not, she just hamtam you for not checking ahead." And they never do ask to meet them.

some auditors, especially the young ones who graduated with excellent grades, can be quite $&@!. I had been the other side of the fence before and hence, I normally would be cooperative, especially if I understand and agree with the audit objectives for having things done in a certain manner.

However, some newbies can be sooooooo @&$!? Somehow, I always get this impression of them - they wear the "what... I auditor ok!" hat.

Had I not known the manager (that guy I had worked with for several years) all the way back when he was an audit asst, I wouldn't dare to pull the "tell your manager to come and see me!" :wink:

Then again, I know clients who are real horrible. Auditors ask for eg GL for a few accounts. Client gives...... In hard copy, font size 6! You know how many transactions? 5-6 thousand lines! :slapshead:

Super jek ark.

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres