Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Jennifer » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:14 pm

Imami wrote:
bb_ mom wrote:Reminds me of when I started work. Auditor ask silly questions and don't accept my explanations and want to see FM or legal counsel. My answer to them is always, "Sure, I can arrange for you to see them. But be very sure you want to ask her these questions. If not, she just hamtam you for not checking ahead." And they never do ask to meet them.

some auditors, especially the young ones who graduated with excellent grades, can be quite $&@!. I had been the other side of the fence before and hence, I normally would be cooperative, especially if I understand and agree with the audit objectives for having things done in a certain manner.

However, some newbies can be sooooooo @&$!? Somehow, I always get this impression of them - they wear the "what... I auditor ok!" hat.

Had I not known the manager (that guy I had worked with for several years) all the way back when he was an audit asst, I wouldn't dare to pull the "tell your manager to come and see me!" :wink:

Then again, I know clients who are real horrible. Auditors ask for eg GL for a few accounts. Client gives...... In hard copy, font size 6! You know how many transactions? 5-6 thousand lines! :slapshead:

Super jek ark.

:rotflmao:

I very the good client, very cooperative too. :smile:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:21 pm

Another rainy day. Yearning for hot soup.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby bb_ mom » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:14 pm

Imami wrote:
bb_ mom wrote:Reminds me of when I started work. Auditor ask silly questions and don't accept my explanations and want to see FM or legal counsel. My answer to them is always, "Sure, I can arrange for you to see them. But be very sure you want to ask her these questions. If not, she just hamtam you for not checking ahead." And they never do ask to meet them.

some auditors, especially the young ones who graduated with excellent grades, can be quite $&@!. I had been the other side of the fence before and hence, I normally would be cooperative, especially if I understand and agree with the audit objectives for having things done in a certain manner.

However, some newbies can be sooooooo @&$!? Somehow, I always get this impression of them - they wear the "what... I auditor ok!" hat.

The "best" experience was to be asked for bank reconciliation. I was sooooo stunned! Cos the company didn't have bank account!!! The auditor didn't have the sense to think if asking for bank recon is appropriate. At debrief, it was brought up by the partner that bank recon not provided. I told CFO and the partner Kenna instead.

Just becos auditor doesn't mean always correct.

bb_ mom
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:21 pm

bb_ mom wrote:At debrief, it was brought up by the partner that bank recon not provided. I told CFO and the partner Kenna instead.

:rotflmao: did not do their home work properly.

Last year, I recd in my mailbox sth addressed to another company sent by the audit staff. So careless.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Integer » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:35 pm

Hearing all these accounting talk ... :sweat:

Integer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Integer » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:40 pm

Jennifer wrote:It has bn a week since MIL sent back the helper. The new helper who was supposed to come on the same day, did not come bcos her passport had problem. The agent also gave no definite date of OKness.

That's why we v.scared when mil threatened to send maid back, when to all of us the maid is gd.. :shrug:

Luckily the last time didn't materialise...

Integer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:53 pm

Integer wrote:Hearing all these accounting talk ... :sweat:

why sweat?

Today's ST newspapers reported about many companies not doing their pre-audited accounts properly.

Integer, u should consider 重出江湖

:wink:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Integer » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:03 pm

Aiyoh, plse ... I can't take the stress and hours liao leh. The last part time I had almost become full time.

Will u think of working full time again?

Do u rem I posted abt volunteering? After many mths, they rejected me. Say no need volunteers for now. :cry:

Integer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:26 pm

Integer wrote:Aiyoh, plse ... I can't take the stress and hours liao leh. The last part time I had almost become full time.

Will u think of working full time again?

Do u rem I posted abt volunteering? After many mths, they rejected me. Say no need volunteers for now. :cry:

I thought u were too busy with your dad, so did not go do volunteering, cos did not see u mentioned, other than eating the laksa or mee Siam.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Integer » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:34 pm

Jennifer wrote:I thought u were too busy with your dad, so did not go do volunteering, cos did not see u mentioned, other than eating the laksa or mee Siam.

They said give them 1 mth to get back to me. Then no sound fm them, called a few times couldn't reach the social worker...

There's a MINDS q.near my place, maybe I can make some enquiries...

My dad's situation these 1-2 yrs shd be q.stabilised, beyond that hard to say. Anyway, I only want to volunteer once a week, not everyday lah. :smile:

Integer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres