Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Jennifer » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:13 pm

icy_mama wrote:
Jennifer wrote:
icy_mama wrote:whenever ah boy loses something and it needed to be replaced, does he pay for the replacements from his own pocket?

We dun hv this practice.

will it make him be more responsible if he were to pay for his own carelessness?

Let me ask him tmr.

But his pocket money also comes from us, not what he earns, will the practice mean anything to him?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Imami » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:18 pm

When we make the child pay from his pocket money, he will feel the pinch. While it's all from our pockets, if you think about it, it's also from his pocket. By carving a sum out of his usual pocket money, you are in a way Tightening his purse string. No?

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:21 pm

Imami wrote:When we make the child pay from his pocket money, he will feel the pinch. While it's all from our pockets, if you think about it, it's also from his pocket. By carving a sum out of his usual pocket money, you are in a way Tightening his purse string. No?

I dunno how he will feel. He is not like elder boy who feels the pinch easily.

Pocket money, I give one lump sum which is a few hundreds at the start of the year, replenish when the level is low. These days, ah boy is spending more on food. I won't want to deprive him of money to buy food.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Imami » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:25 pm

Huh? Isn't this the "money tree" style? Shake and more will come? Sorry, no offense meant.

I think a fixed sum for a fixed period is more appropriate. A child needs to learn how to manage and safeguard his own money and belongings.

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:27 pm

Imami wrote:Huh? Isn't this the "money tree" style? Shake and more will come? Sorry, no offense meant.

I think a fixed sum for a fixed period is more appropriate. A child needs to learn how to manage and safeguard his own money and belongings.

No worries, understand u meant well.

Yes, we need to talk about this issue.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:51 pm

Come tmr, I turn 6 yo in ksp.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Busymom » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:08 am

Jennifer wrote:Come tmr, I turn 6 yo in ksp.

Happy 6th year, Jennifer! :rahrah: :rahrah:

Busymom
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Busymom » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:13 am

Jennifer wrote:Put on a Nature Republic snail solution face mask sheet which was a free sample. Printed on the pack an ultra moisturizing mask sheet.

Compared to the Taiwan brand I bou from Watson's (non snail), this NR leaves a smoother feel on the hands.

One of my finger tip has cracked skin, lotions do not seem to work on it :shrug:

Try those richer hand or nail cream. Usually works for me. There are quite a few to choose from bodyshop. Want more atas brand, Crabtree has a gardener hand therapy. Pretty good too.

Busymom
Councillor
Councillor

Postby qms » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:21 am

Jennifer wrote:Come tmr, I turn 6 yo in ksp.

qms
ClassMonitor
ClassMonitor

Postby Jennifer » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:17 am

Busymom wrote:
Jennifer wrote:Put on a Nature Republic snail solution face mask sheet which was a free sample. Printed on the pack an ultra moisturizing mask sheet.

Compared to the Taiwan brand I bou from Watson's (non snail), this NR leaves a smoother feel on the hands.

One of my finger tip has cracked skin, lotions do not seem to work on it :shrug:

Try those richer hand or nail cream. Usually works for me. There are quite a few to choose from bodyshop. Want more atas brand, Crabtree has a gardener hand therapy. Pretty good too.

:thankyou:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres