Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.
Locked
Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 25871
Joined: Fri Sep 05,
Total Likes:119

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by Jennifer » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:10 am

Image

Finally got to making tua suan. The pot boiled over while I went to hang the laundry :oops: the beans split beyond recognition :rotflmao:
Also forgot to buy youtiao.

Cleaned the stove ytd, now need to clean again :gloomy:

I boiled 750ml of water with rock sugar (amt agar agar, maybe 2 tbsp?) and 3 pandan leaves and steamed 100g of mung beans with 3 pandan leaves. Minimal tapioca flour used as thickener.

Busymom
Councillor
Councillor
Posts: 7222
Joined: Mon Jul 06,
Total Likes:26

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by Busymom » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:57 am

Jennifer wrote:Satisfied my unagi rice carvings at Bt Timah Plaza.

Popular bookstore catalogue has 20% discount voucher. Ah boy bou some stationery n a GLM science assessment book, said he needs help.

I bou a $2.20 pomelo from NTUC, more sour than sweet.

We bought one last week, it was pretty sweet. Don't really know how to choose though.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 25871
Joined: Fri Sep 05,
Total Likes:119

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by Jennifer » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:00 pm

Image

Cheesecake topped with fresh blueberries.

Busymom
Councillor
Councillor
Posts: 7222
Joined: Mon Jul 06,
Total Likes:26

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by Busymom » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:00 pm

Jennifer wrote:Image

Finally got to making tua suan. The pot boiled over while I went to hang the laundry :oops: the beans split beyond recognition :rotflmao:
Also forgot to buy youtiao.

Cleaned the stove ytd, now need to clean again :gloomy:

I boiled 750ml of water with rock sugar (amt agar agar, maybe 2 tbsp?) and 3 pandan leaves and steamed 100g of mung beans with 3 pandan leaves. Minimal tapioca flour used as thickener.

I love tua suan and green beans. Never tried to make the former. You steam the beans first and then boil in water again?

Busymom
Councillor
Councillor
Posts: 7222
Joined: Mon Jul 06,
Total Likes:26

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by Busymom » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:02 pm

Jennifer wrote:Image

Cheesecake topped with fresh blueberries.

:drool:

At first I thought sone kind of new toy you bought as your blueberries so evenly spread out. :lol:


Integer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 3503
Joined: Wed May 23,
Total Likes:13

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by Integer » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:14 pm

Jennifer wrote:Image

Cheesecake topped with fresh blueberries.

:drool:

Your entry to :drool: thread?

Integer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 3503
Joined: Wed May 23,
Total Likes:13

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by Integer » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:29 pm

Jennifer wrote:Image

Finally got to making tua suan. The pot boiled over while I went to hang the laundry :oops: the beans split beyond recognition :rotflmao:
Also forgot to buy youtiao.

Cleaned the stove ytd, now need to clean again :gloomy:

I boiled 750ml of water with rock sugar (amt agar agar, maybe 2 tbsp?) and 3 pandan leaves and steamed 100g of mung beans with 3 pandan leaves. Minimal tapioca flour used as thickener.

Wah, you finally made yours ... made mine almost 1 mth back.. q.soon after yr qn. :smile:

I used seetoh's frying method. His timing not rite, needs much longer. My TS turned out a bit harder than what they shd be, thou taste was gd. No one at home appreciates TS, ended up I had at least 3 bowls, I think, for abt $1 worth of the split beans. :sweat:

Image

Integer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 3503
Joined: Wed May 23,
Total Likes:13

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by Integer » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:30 pm

Busymom wrote:
Jennifer wrote:Satisfied my unagi rice carvings at Bt Timah Plaza.

Popular bookstore catalogue has 20% discount voucher. Ah boy bou some stationery n a GLM science assessment book, said he needs help.

I bou a $2.20 pomelo from NTUC, more sour than sweet.

We bought one last week, it was pretty sweet. Don't really know how to choose though.

I find the Sunny brand (fm Msia) of pomeloes are sweet.
http://www.chekyang.com/musings/2012/09/24/yummy-toddler-foods-the-pomelo/

icy_mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 11025
Joined: Sat Apr 27,
Total Likes:29

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by icy_mama » Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:32 pm

Jennifer wrote:Image

Cheesecake topped with fresh blueberries.

:love: i love polka dots. especially edible ones. :smile:

icy_mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 11025
Joined: Sat Apr 27,
Total Likes:29

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by icy_mama » Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:35 pm

Integer wrote:... No one at home appreciates TS, ended up I had at least 3 bowls, I think, for abt $1 worth of the split beans. :sweat:

3 bowls?! sorry to say that... but the calories! :faint:

Locked