Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Busymom » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:17 pm

Jennifer wrote:Just made my first Qoo10 order for the STM401, deal price $69.90, limited qty

http://www.qoo10.sg/shop/solenterprise? ... 9283876#ci

thought you wanted to get the other model?

Busymom
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Busymom » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:21 pm

Jennifer wrote:
Busymom wrote:
Integer wrote:I find the Sunny brand (fm Msia) of pomeloes are sweet.
http://www.chekyang.com/musings/2012/09/24/yummy-toddler-foods-the-pomelo/

:thankyou: will look out for it next week.

So happened, a Chinese TV programme features a male TCS actor in Thailand and I watched a segment about how to choose a ripe pomelo :smile:

Press the bottom, it should be soft, depressable. Look out for yellowish outer skin.

The Sunny brand pomelo not cheap right?

I once bou a Vietnam pink pomelo, I feel it is more tasty than the Malaysian one.

Thank you, Jennifer. Interesting, yellowish outer skin. I could have chosen more greenish ones. I like the honey pomelo, think it's from Vietnam too.

Busymom
Councillor
Councillor

Postby ChiefKiasu » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:29 pm

Jennifer wrote:Just made my first Qoo10 order for the STM401, deal price $69.90, limited qty

Wow! That's a steal! I don't see the listing anymore so I guess it is out of stock already.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby Jennifer » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:30 pm

Busymom wrote:

thought you wanted to get the other model?

This one so cheap mah :lol: Buy to test out, if do not like, won't so heart pain.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Busymom » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:34 pm

Integer wrote:Do u have a cast iron pan., Jennifer? Hard to maintain?

Think icy_mama has one.

Now using ceramic & stainless steel ones, but prefer to use the former. Hmm... need to buy new pan? :scratchhead:

Is this the same pan as what my DH bought to cook his beef? I kinda hated the fact that it can't be washed after cooking because water will make it rusty :yikes:

Busymom
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Jennifer » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:34 pm

When I called a Qoo seller to ask whether I can buy direct from them, she suggested I create an Qoo acct to catch Qoo special deals and said first time will be a bit blur, but once I get the hang of buying online from Qoo, I will love the convenience n start to buy more things :sweat:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:37 pm

Busymom wrote:

Think icy_mama has one.

Now using ceramic & stainless steel ones, but prefer to use the former. Hmm... need to buy new pan? :scratchhead:

Is this the same pan as what my DH bought to cook his beef? I kinda hated the fact that it can't be washed after cooking because water will make it rusty :yikes:

The ones up for NTUC redemption are enameled, not raw cast iron. I read the do's n don't - cannot wash immediately, must wait for at least 30 mins to cool down, cannot dry heat up, no metal utensils. I thought the care instructions r similar to Teflon pans.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Busymom » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:41 pm

bb_ mom wrote:
Integer wrote:Jennifer, re: the split beans storage... I also not sure. The provision shop uncle advised to keep in fridge esp since split alrdy, and my pkt of split beans (mine were the loose ones) didn't seem that dry. So I took the easy way out, store all in my body liao. :lol:

:rotflmao:

Easy way in, you mean... And then gotta work out to get it out!

:rotflmao:

Busymom
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Jennifer » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:44 pm

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Busymom » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:46 pm

Jennifer wrote:
Busymom wrote:

Think icy_mama has one.

The ones up for NTUC redemption are enameled, not raw cast iron. I read the do's n don't - cannot wash immediately, must wait for at least 30 mins to cool down, cannot dry heat up, no metal utensils. I thought the care instructions r similar to Teflon pans.

We have the raw cast iron pan. That's the one that forever cannot be washed :faint:

I am curious about the NTUC redemption ones. Where do you read the do's and don't? Are they similar to Le Creuset? I have a Le Creuset but don't know how to use it.

Busymom
Councillor
Councillor

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres