Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Busymom » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:48 pm

Jennifer wrote:http://www.fontignac.com/all-your-quest ... ok-on.html

:thankyou:

Busymom
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Jennifer » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:58 pm

Busymom wrote:
Jennifer wrote:The ones up for NTUC redemption are enameled, not raw cast iron. I read the do's n don't - cannot wash immediately, must wait for at least 30 mins to cool down, cannot dry heat up, no metal utensils. I thought the care instructions r similar to Teflon pans.

We have the raw cast iron pan. That's the one that forever cannot be washed :faint:

I am curious about the NTUC redemption ones. Where do you read the do's and don't? Are they similar to Le Creuset? I have a Le Creuset but don't know how to use it.

I was at the Coronation Plaza outlet this afternoon. There is a display stand tge with the pans.

Curious about your raw cast iron pan? How to clean after cooking? We used to hv the old fashion traditional cast iron wok, I would clean with diluted soapy water. The surface will still feel bit 油油的. Never rust ah.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby schweppes » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:24 pm

Busymom wrote:I am curious about the NTUC redemption ones. Where do you read the do's and don't? Are they similar to Le Creuset? I have a Le Creuset but don't know how to use it.

To wash, just use normal liquid dishwashing detergent and the sponge pad. If there's stuff stuck to the bottom, just fill the pot with WATER and boil for a few minutes. This will help "lift" the burnt stuff off the pot.

Have been using my LC (oval 29cm) for 2 or 3 years and loving it. Just nice for my family of 4. Can cook enough for 6-8 pax.

The other cookware that I have are the glass Vision pots. Am eyeing the Fairprice 24cm cast iron casserole.

edited for typo
Last edited by schweppes on Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Busymom » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:30 pm

schweppes wrote:
Busymom wrote:I am curious about the NTUC redemption ones. Where do you read the do's and don't? Are they similar to Le Creuset? I have a Le Creuset but don't know how to use it.

To wash, just use normal liquid dishwashing detergent and the sponge pad. If there's stuff stuck to the bottom, just fill the pot with fire and boil for a few minutes. This will help "lift" the burnt stuff off the pot.

Have been using my LC (oval 29cm) for 2 or 3 years and loving it. Just nice for my family of 4. Can cook enough for 6-8 pax.

The other cookware that I have are the glass Vision pots. Am eyeing the Fairprice 24cm cast iron casserole.

:yikes:

:lol:

on LC, I mean to ask what do you cook with it?

Do you think the NTUC one is similar to a LC?

Busymom
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Busymom » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:35 pm

Jennifer wrote:
Busymom wrote:
Jennifer wrote:The ones up for NTUC redemption are enameled, not raw cast iron. I read the do's n don't - cannot wash immediately, must wait for at least 30 mins to cool down, cannot dry heat up, no metal utensils. I thought the care instructions r similar to Teflon pans.

We have the raw cast iron pan. That's the one that forever cannot be washed :faint:

I am curious about the NTUC redemption ones. Where do you read the do's and don't? Are they similar to Le Creuset? I have a Le Creuset but don't know how to use it.

I was at the Coronation Plaza outlet this afternoon. There is a display stand tge with the pans.

Curious about your raw cast iron pan? How to clean after cooking? We used to hv the old fashion traditional cast iron wok, I would clean with diluted soapy water. The surface will still feel bit 油油的. Never rust ah.

My DH insisted no washing :sad: Think he told the maids to wipe with kitchen paper towels only. Think I need to go research a bit on internet.
I feel very uncomfortable that it is sitting inside the cabinet unwashed...
Last edited by Busymom on Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Busymom
Councillor
Councillor

Postby jjxy mum » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:35 pm

BM, :rotflmao:

jjxy mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby schweppes » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:50 pm

Busymom wrote:

Mostly ang moh type foods since I enjoy watching cooking shows (Barefoot Contessa, Donna Hays, Nigella Lawson, Jamie Oliver, Rachel Khoo). Their recipes are useful for time staved moms like me. These chefs often use dutch ovens in their cooking shows which got me interested in the LC pots. So far only own one.

For the LC, mostly cook stews and soups:

Curry chicken
Babi ponteh
Borscht soup
Beef stew
Chicken stew or soup
Coq au vin
Ox tail stew

I like that can cook over stove and then transfer the pot into the oven if the recipe calls for it.

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor

Postby schweppes » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:52 pm

Busymom wrote:Do you think the NTUC one is similar to a LC?

For the cast iron casserole range, would think that it's similar.

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor

Postby schweppes » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:54 pm

Busymom wrote:My DH insisted no washing :sad: Think he told the maids to wipe with kitchen paper towels only. Think I need to go research a bit on internet.

I feel very uncomfortable that it is sitting inside the cabinet unwashed...

:scared: :faint:

if the pot turns green and start to glow in the dark..... :sick: :nailbite: :siam: :duck:

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor

Postby schweppes » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:01 pm

Busymom wrote:
schweppes wrote:

To wash, just use normal liquid dishwashing detergent and the sponge pad. If there's stuff stuck to the bottom, just fill the pot with fire and boil for a few minutes. This will help "lift" the burnt stuff off the pot.

:yikes:

:lol:

Do you think the NTUC one is similar to a LC?

alamak :stupid: :oops:

have edited. thanks :rotflmao:

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres