Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.
Locked
Busymom
Councillor
Councillor
Posts: 7294
Joined: Mon Jul 06,
Total Likes:26

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by Busymom » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:07 pm

Jennifer wrote:Image

Image

Made these today using the Pyrex glassware. Recipe used same as the butter cake, just replaced milk with sour cream and added fresh blueberries instead of cocoa powder for the marble effect.

Nice! :love:

Maybe I should get a Pyrex too. Does it need to be greased at the sides and bottom?

I have an oval shape glass cookware that looks safe for oven. But I have absolutely no idea what brand it is. Not sure whether to take the risk...

icy_mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 11026
Joined: Sat Apr 27,
Total Likes:29

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by icy_mama » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:10 pm

Jennifer wrote:Made these today using the Pyrex glassware. Recipe used same as the butter cake, just replaced milk with sour cream and added fresh blueberries instead of cocoa powder for the marble effect.

looked so good. butter cake... :drool: lucky i just had dinner. :sweat:

Busymom
Councillor
Councillor
Posts: 7294
Joined: Mon Jul 06,
Total Likes:26

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by Busymom » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:10 pm

Jennifer wrote:One week of Sept hols coming to an end.

Actually now that the boys r in sec sch, there is no meaning to the term hols.

Studying for upcoming SA2?

My p4 dd always gets so much schoolwork during the 1-week school hols. Not much meaning too, except that she goes to bed late and wakes up late.

Integer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 3555
Joined: Wed May 23,
Total Likes:13

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by Integer » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:29 pm

icy_mama wrote:
Jennifer wrote:Made these today using the Pyrex glassware. Recipe used same as the butter cake, just replaced milk with sour cream and added fresh blueberries instead of cocoa powder for the marble effect.

looked so good. butter cake... :drool: lucky i just had dinner. :sweat:

Agree...so :drool:

I also just had my dinner but feel like eating cake leh..

Having been debating with myself since afternoon to bake or not. :sweat:

icy_mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 11026
Joined: Sat Apr 27,
Total Likes:29

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by icy_mama » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:46 pm

Integer wrote:
icy_mama wrote:
Jennifer wrote:Made these today using the Pyrex glassware. Recipe used same as the butter cake, just replaced milk with sour cream and added fresh blueberries instead of cocoa powder for the marble effect.

looked so good. butter cake... :drool: lucky i just had dinner. :sweat:

Agree...so :drool:

I also just had my dinner but feel like eating cake leh..

Having been debating with myself since afternoon to bake or not. :sweat:

lucky thing i'm a lousy baker. :laugh: can only :drool: don't even need to think to bake or not.


Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 25996
Joined: Fri Sep 05,
Total Likes:119

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by Jennifer » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:50 pm

Busymom wrote:
Jennifer wrote:One week of Sept hols coming to an end.

Actually now that the boys r in sec sch, there is no meaning to the term hols.

Studying for upcoming SA2?

My p4 dd always gets so much schoolwork during the 1-week school hols. Not much meaning too, except that she goes to bed late and wakes up late.


Elder boy goes out everyday.

Ah boy had 2 days of squash, 3 days of projects.

I am the one waking up late :oops:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 25996
Joined: Fri Sep 05,
Total Likes:119

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by Jennifer » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:53 pm

Busymom wrote:Maybe I should get a Pyrex too. Does it need to be greased at the sides and bottom?

I have an oval shape glass cookware that looks safe for oven. But I have absolutely no idea what brand it is. Not sure whether to take the risk...


yes, need to butter sides n bottom.

After DaddyKC's thread on cookware, I dunno if baking tins are safe?

I got three Pyrex (a square, a round with cover and a rectangular) FOC when I bou a Panasonic all-in-one oven years ago.

Integer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 3555
Joined: Wed May 23,
Total Likes:13

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by Integer » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:53 pm

icy_mama wrote:
Integer wrote:
icy_mama wrote:looked so good. butter cake... :drool: lucky i just had dinner. :sweat:

Agree...so :drool:

I also just had my dinner but feel like eating cake leh..

Having been debating with myself since afternoon to bake or not. :sweat:

lucky thing i'm a lousy baker. :laugh: can only :drool: don't even need to think to bake or not.

Don't believe you're lousy baker ... but you're really gd in resisting food! :salute:

P.S. Haha.. totally forgotten abt my emerald scallops until Busymom mentioned in the dinner thread!

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 25996
Joined: Fri Sep 05,
Total Likes:119

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by Jennifer » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:55 pm

Integer wrote:Having been debating with myself since afternoon to bake or not. :sweat:


I wanted to use up the sour cream and also bake sth for tmr breakfast. A bit tired of eating bread daily.

Integer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 3555
Joined: Wed May 23,
Total Likes:13

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by Integer » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:01 pm

Jennifer wrote:
Busymom wrote:Maybe I should get a Pyrex too. Does it need to be greased at the sides and bottom?

I have an oval shape glass cookware that looks safe for oven. But I have absolutely no idea what brand it is. Not sure whether to take the risk...


yes, need to butter sides n bottom.

After DaddyKC's thread on cookware, I dunno if baking tins are safe?

I got three Pyrex (a square, a round with cover and a rectangular) FOC when I bou a Panasonic all-in-one oven years ago.

I also have a few pyrex glassware with the cover, not sure can bake in it or not. Found these word on the pyrex dish : No range top. No broiler. Yours have?

Locked