Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Jennifer » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:30 am

Spring cleaning, anyone?

Had sent the curtains for dry cleaning before Christmas.

Now everyday clear a little.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25815
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121


Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Imami » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:48 am

Good morning Jennifer! Hope you slept well and woke up fresh.

On the hair - will rebounding help?

Spring cleaning - yes! Did the list up. Every year will update or make minor changes to the list. 2015's cny is further away. Good for us.

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 11015
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:04 pm
Total Likes: 37


Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby FB555 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:56 am

I also have coarse hair so my hair look messy and unmanageable if too short.
Like imami said, rebonding could help. Soft rebond should not make it too flat, i guess.

I can only focus on spring cleaning when kids are in school. That is the only time i am not bothered by them.
FB555
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1447
Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 3:22 pm
Total Likes: 2


Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby slmkhoo » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:59 am

Jennifer wrote:Spring cleaning, anyone?

Had sent the curtains for dry cleaning before Christmas.

Now everyday clear a little.

No, I don't intentionally spring clean. Besides the regular weekly cleaning, I only clean a bit extra here and there as the dirt intrudes on my notice! And I just gave a few bags of usable stuff to Salvation Army. However, this year, I am getting a new washing machine (arriving today) and I plan to change my living room curtains soon. Another thing I will do soon is sort out and shelve my husband's books which are piling up (he's been taking a course and will only finish in April, but the book piles are getting really high!).

My mum gave my girls new clothes for Christmas, and my husband plans to buy a new shirt with some gift vouchers we were given. Me - I will get a new item only if I see something I like. We don't make a point of getting new clothes for CNY.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 10636
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:16 pm
Total Likes: 195


Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Jennifer » Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:03 am

Imami wrote:Good morning Jennifer! Hope you slept well and woke up fresh.

On the hair - will rebounding help?

Spring cleaning - yes! Did the list up. Every year will update or make minor changes to the list. 2015's cny is further away. Good for us.


I want to avoid rebonding leh.

Now the hair is so short, I guess rebonding not worth it :lol:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25815
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121



Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Jennifer » Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:05 am

slmkhoo wrote:
Jennifer wrote:Spring cleaning, anyone?

Had sent the curtains for dry cleaning before Christmas.

Now everyday clear a little.

No, I don't intentionally spring clean. Besides the regular weekly cleaning, I only clean a bit extra here and there as the dirt intrudes on my notice! And I just gave a few bags of usable stuff to Salvation Army. However, this year, I am getting a new washing machine (arriving today) and I plan to change my living room curtains soon. Another thing I will do soon is sort out and shelve my husband's books which are piling up (he's been taking a course and will only finish in April, but the book piles are getting really high!).

My mum gave my girls new clothes for Christmas, and my husband plans to buy a new shirt with some gift vouchers we were given. Me - I will get a new item only if I see something I like. We don't make a point of getting new clothes for CNY.


Where will you be getting the new curtains? Sg or Msia?

Which Salvation Army do you go to? I have many children clothes to give away too.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25815
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121


Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Jennifer » Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:11 am

FB555 wrote:I also have coarse hair so my hair look messy and unmanageable if too short.
Like imami said, rebonding could help. Soft rebond should not make it too flat, i guess.

I can only focus on spring cleaning when kids are in school. That is the only time i am not bothered by them.


Can involve the children in spring cleaning, makes your job more relaxing :wink:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25815
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121


Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby slmkhoo » Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:17 am

Jennifer wrote:Where will you be getting the new curtains? Sg or Msia?

Which Salvation Army do you go to? I have many children clothes to give away too.

I'm not fussy, lazy and don't want to spend too much money, so I will get ready-made curtains. In the past, I've bought from shops in Clementi and Giant. Not very high quality and not much range, but as I said, I'm lazy! There's always Spotlight and Ikea too. I will start looking after the kids are back in school and my schedule has got back to normal.

I dropped off my stuff at the new one along Tanglin Rd which is nearer to me. You have a Salvation Army near you along Upper Bukit Timah Road. They should have a drop-off area there too.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 10636
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:16 pm
Total Likes: 195


Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby zbear » Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:30 am

Jennifer wrote:Can involve the children in spring cleaning, makes your job more relaxing :wink:



I also do not spring clean, weekly cleaning is already a chore, whatmore spring clean.

I do not get my kids involved, they will end up giving me more stress n headache if I supervise them. Unless I am happy to close both eyes to their work.

:smile:

zbear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 5228
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:14 pm
Total Likes: 66


Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Jennifer » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:03 am

slmkhoo wrote:I dropped off my stuff at the new one along Tanglin Rd which is nearer to me. You have a Salvation Army near you along Upper Bukit Timah Road. They should have a drop-off area there too.


I try not to go there. Too much dust.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25815
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121


PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres