Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby ngl2010 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:36 pm

schweppes wrote:
ngl2010 wrote:
schweppes wrote:
That's a good and reasonable hairdresser you have, bb. Mine increases her rates by 10% one month before cny. :razz: but not keen to switch as she knows how to handle my unruly hair.

Schweppes, do you go to Olivia?


Yes, have been going to her for about 10 years plus. Even my mom and aunt go to her. In fact, they were the ones who recommended her to me. They used to tell me that my hair cut (before I went to Olivia) made me look more aunty than them (my mom and aunt) :cry: :razz:

I had 2 haircuts with Olivia. First one was so so but the 2nd one was very nice! :dancing:

I think I read about her in your home thread. :thankyou:

ngl2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 7051
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 2:03 pm
Total Likes: 77


Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby schweppes » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:07 pm

ngl2010 wrote:I had 2 haircuts with Olivia. First one was so so but the 2nd one was very nice! :dancing:

I think I read about her in your home thread. :thankyou:


Most welcome. Glad to hear that.

Always remember what an ex-colleague once told me, that every time us ladies cut our hair, our men gets a "new woman". haha

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 5940
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:56 pm
Total Likes: 68


Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby bb_ mom » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:56 pm

Only if they recognize there's a "new woman" in the house. DH notices only if it's something drastic, like going from long hair to shoulder length.

bb_ mom
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 8860
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:26 pm
Total Likes: 13


Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby slmkhoo » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:08 pm

bb_ mom wrote:Only if they recognize there's a "new woman" in the house. DH notices only if it's something drastic, like going from long hair to shoulder length.

We have a joke in my house that my husband will only notice if my hair turns green! But to be fair, my haircuts are mostly just trims and nothing much changes.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 10638
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:16 pm
Total Likes: 195


Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Imami » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:14 pm

qms wrote:Image, Jennifer!

Salvation Army has a drop-off point at IMM, too.

I noticed there is a drop off point at Kay siang road too.

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 11015
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:04 pm
Total Likes: 37



Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Jennifer » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:15 pm

ngl2010 wrote:
schweppes wrote:Yes, have been going to her for about 10 years plus. Even my mom and aunt go to her. In fact, they were the ones who recommended her to me. They used to tell me that my hair cut (before I went to Olivia) made me look more aunty than them (my mom and aunt) :cry: :razz:

I had 2 haircuts with Olivia. First one was so so but the 2nd one was very nice! :dancing:

I think I read about her in your home thread. :thankyou:


Olivia did not want to cut my hair short leh. She said I should not.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25816
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121


Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Jennifer » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:17 pm

Imami wrote:
qms wrote:Image, Jennifer!

Salvation Army has a drop-off point at IMM, too.

I noticed there is a drop off point at Kay siang road too.


IMM? Not very convenient either, need to take the shuttle bus from Jcube.

Kay Siang Rd? let me onemap the exact location first :wink:

If no choice, then the one at Bt Timah. Need to get off the bus on the other side of the road, cross the traffic junction, then get to the dropoff.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25816
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121


Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Jennifer » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:20 pm

Had a good lunch at Jack's Place.

Managed to get 2 pairs of non-marking shoes for ah boy.

IKEA does not sell flower pots with drain holes. Got one at Far East Flora instead.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25816
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121


Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby schweppes » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:44 pm

Jennifer wrote:
ngl2010 wrote:
schweppes wrote:Yes, have been going to her for about 10 years plus. Even my mom and aunt go to her. In fact, they were the ones who recommended her to me. They used to tell me that my hair cut (before I went to Olivia) made me look more aunty than them (my mom and aunt) :cry: :razz:

I had 2 haircuts with Olivia. First one was so so but the 2nd one was very nice! :dancing:

I think I read about her in your home thread. :thankyou:


Olivia did not want to cut my hair short leh. She said I should not.


oh i see, maybe she also looks at face/head shape. my girl wanted to cut short hair but was discouraged. but Olivia has been encouraging me to cut shorter. so, i think it depends on each person.

in any case, i think you wd look swee in any hairdo. guess the men in your lives not used to your new look

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 5940
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:56 pm
Total Likes: 68


Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby schweppes » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:46 pm

bb_ mom wrote:Only if they recognize there's a "new woman" in the house. DH notices only if it's something drastic, like going from long hair to shoulder length.


i'd text him and say, "new woman in your life tonight" :evil:

to which he'd reply, "does new woman come with no temper" :razz: :oops:

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 5940
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:56 pm
Total Likes: 68


PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres