Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Jennifer » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:58 pm

How was your first New Year Day?

I survived it w/o getting angry or upset with anyone :lol:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25810
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121


Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Jennifer » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:28 am

Ah boy saw this joke on a TV program and asked me to guess.

Last time, Superman flew in this way - one arm outstretched in front, the other arm close to his body.

Image


Now, Superman flies with both arms outstretched in front.

Image

U know the reason?














Answer:
last time it was manual clutch system.
now auto system.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25810
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121


Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby JJ1111 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:32 am

Jennifer wrote:Ah boy saw this joke on a TV program and asked me to guess.

Last time, Superman flew in this way - one arm outstretched in front, the other arm close to his body.

Image


Now, Superman flies with both arms outstretched in front.

Image

U know the reason?














Answer:
last time it was manual clutch system.
now auto system.


OMG this is so funny!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

JJ1111
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
 
Posts: 897
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:05 pm
Total Likes: 8


Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby FB555 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:37 am

Jennifer wrote:How was your first New Year Day?

I survived it w/o getting angry or upset with anyone :lol:


I scolded my kids yesterday becos they couldnt focus their work on their assessment book. So quite annoyed and stress by my kids yesterday.
FB555
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1447
Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 3:22 pm
Total Likes: 2


Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby schweppes » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:12 pm

Jennifer wrote:Schweppes, what made u show temper?


I've been reflecting on this, and I need to change this about myself.

Having expectations is one thing. I guess, expecting things to be done (or said) a certain way. Spoke to someone about this, and I think, it's one of my trigger points. Need to manage my expectations.

Another is that I feel as if I am multi-tasking too many things. Have to work, have to mind the house, and whilst the dh and dds do help out quite a bit, end of day, still have to oversee everything. Maybe it's a mommy thing (??), at least for me. Hard to let go.

Sometimes, work gets really really busy, and it becomes a case of having to deal with so many things at the same time. That's when I get short-fused.

It doesn't help when it's that time of the month, or maybe I'm in peri-menopause stage, so my hormones are out of whack.

Like what someone had mentioned here earlier. It may be a small thing (to some), but little small things add up to bigger issues, and then when the last straw breaks the camel's back, that's when I explode. It's not something I'm proud about myself.

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 5936
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:56 pm
Total Likes: 68



Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Jennifer » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:12 pm

schweppes wrote:
Jennifer wrote:Schweppes, what made u show temper?


I've been reflecting on this, and I need to change this about myself.

Having expectations is one thing. I guess, expecting things to be done (or said) a certain way. Spoke to someone about this, and I think, it's one of my trigger points. Need to manage my expectations.

Another is that I feel as if I am multi-tasking too many things. Have to work, have to mind the house, and whilst the dh and dds do help out quite a bit, end of day, still have to oversee everything. Maybe it's a mommy thing (??), at least for me. Hard to let go.

Sometimes, work gets really really busy, and it becomes a case of having to deal with so many things at the same time. That's when I get short-fused.

It doesn't help when it's that time of the month, or maybe I'm in peri-menopause stage, so my hormones are out of whack.

Like what someone had mentioned here earlier. It may be a small thing (to some), but little small things add up to bigger issues, and then when the last straw breaks the camel's back, that's when I explode. It's not something I'm proud about myself.



Hugs.

I feel like u r talking about me.

I always admire working mums for their multi task abilities. I would hv broken down long ago.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25810
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121


Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Jennifer » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:14 pm

Managed to stay positive up to now :xedfingers:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25810
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121


Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Funz » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:58 pm

schweppes wrote:
Jennifer wrote:Schweppes, what made u show temper?


I've been reflecting on this, and I need to change this about myself.

Having expectations is one thing. I guess, expecting things to be done (or said) a certain way. Spoke to someone about this, and I think, it's one of my trigger points. Need to manage my expectations.

Another is that I feel as if I am multi-tasking too many things. Have to work, have to mind the house, and whilst the dh and dds do help out quite a bit, end of day, still have to oversee everything. Maybe it's a mommy thing (??), at least for me. Hard to let go.

Sometimes, work gets really really busy, and it becomes a case of having to deal with so many things at the same time. That's when I get short-fused.

It doesn't help when it's that time of the month, or maybe I'm in peri-menopause stage, so my hormones are out of whack.

Like what someone had mentioned here earlier. It may be a small thing (to some), but little small things add up to bigger issues, and then when the last straw breaks the camel's back, that's when I explode. It's not something I'm proud about myself.


So familiar.

Oh well, we are entitled to that once in a while mini meltdowns after juggling so many things. And those mini meltdowns do help to remind the people around us not to take us for granted. Main thing is after each episode, things continue running like well oiled machines and better still, sometimes, with improvements made. :wink:

Funz
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 12114
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 12:48 pm
Total Likes: 334
2 people like this post


Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby buds » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:11 pm

Jennifer wrote:Is there any self-help book on How to talk to a negative child?


For what it's worth, firstly, :hugs:...

Secondly, you may consider this book...

(1) The Difficult Child

Image

Sneak peeks of this book...

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

(2) parenting a child with intense emitions.

Image

I shared a short review of the book here at this link.

http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum ... 3#p1196933


Finally, hope you have a great year ahead this 2015, Jennifer.
Your birthday coming soon too. We should go for ice-cream. :wink:

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 22729
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:21 am
Total Likes: 85


Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby qms » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:51 pm

buds wrote:We should go for ice-cream. :wink:


:drool:

qms
ClassMonitor
ClassMonitor
 
Posts: 11195
Joined: Thu May 07, 2009 10:35 am
Total Likes: 13


PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres