Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby Jennifer » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:20 am

Last night I googled : how to live with a untidy person?

Throw up a new perspective: it is not easy for a naturally cluttered person to live with a naturally uncluttered person, let's give n take then.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby icy_mama » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:28 am

jennifer, i'm glad you've had a new perspective. for a moment, i was kinda worried about u. :hugs:

icy_mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:56 am

icy_mama wrote:jennifer, i'm glad you've had a new perspective. for a moment, i was kinda worried about u. :hugs:

Dun worry.

If I can survive my childhood, I will do fine for now n future. Just sometimes, need to rant.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Funz » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:12 am

Jennifer, I can so relate with what you said about your ah boy. For me the issue is with my ah girl lately.

The part about sitting with legs wide apart, she does that! And she's a girl! Or she sprawls all over the sofa. Eating and dropping crumbs everywhere. Come home, take off her pinafore and just let it drop to the floor and there it stays until my maid picks it up or I tell her to. Told her never to put her bag on her bed since in school she leaves it lying on the floor and god knows where, but IT IS ALWAYS ON HER BED! Pull out a set of clothes to put on, change her mind, dump it on the floor, take another set, change mind again, dump on the floor, take another set. Take a pair of shoes, change her mind, take another pair but never bother to put back the first pair. I have instructed my maid not to clean up after her but DD will be blind to all these mess until I tell her to clean up and her standard reply, 'Wait'. :frustrated:

DD was not that bad previously but lately it seems to be getting out of hand. The sitting was all the while cos DD behaves more like a boy than a girl. But the mess, it was not always like that. I gave up reminding her. Then suddenly, everything will be spick and span and in their rightful places. For a while anyways. Before it is all out of place again and if I leave it alone long enough, somehow DD will clean up after herself again.

Now the challenge is making sure my maid can outlast my DD in this waiting game. And I warned my maid no nagging. :laugh:

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Sun_2010 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:17 am

Jennifer wrote:Last night I googled : how to live with a untidy person?

Throw up a new perspective: it is not easy for a naturally cluttered person to live with a naturally uncluttered person, let's give n take then.

That is all it takes to work things out - a different perspective.

You will still get mad at his habits and might lose your temper but you wont simmer in that anger. Because when you do , even if you dont say a word , he will feel the tension.

At 12 , their ability to tune out is extraordinary. So can you try with one habit that he can change to some extent, with consequences if he doesnt? The rest you will genuinely ignore for the next couple of months. Baby steps with some peace of mind?

DH is like that - he is a clean but cluttered person. He takes 5 mins to wash his hands few times a day ( no, he is not a surgeon) but cant pick up his clothes . Clothes hanging every where :slapshead: He has changed a bit and I still lose it at times, but mostly I just let it be . Its just a wet towel afterall. :roll:

Sun_2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Sun_2010 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:19 am

Jennifer wrote:
icy_mama wrote:jennifer, i'm glad you've had a new perspective. for a moment, i was kinda worried about u. :hugs:

Dun worry.

If I can survive my childhood, I will do fine for now n future. Just sometimes, need to rant.

The unsung power of ranting :lol:

Sun_2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:35 am

Funz wrote:Jennifer, I can so relate with what you said about your ah boy. For me the issue is with my ah girl lately.

The part about sitting with legs wide apart, she does that! And she's a girl! Or she sprawls all over the sofa. Eating and dropping crumbs everywhere. Come home, take off her pinafore and just let it drop to the floor and there it stays until my maid picks it up or I tell her to. Told her never to put her bag on her bed since in school she leaves it lying on the floor and god knows where, but IT IS ALWAYS ON HER BED! Pull out a set of clothes to put on, change her mind, dump it on the floor, take another set, change mind again, dump on the floor, take another set. Take a pair of shoes, change her mind, take another pair but never bother to put back the first pair. I have instructed my maid not to clean up after her but DD will be blind to all these mess until I tell her to clean up and her standard reply, 'Wait'. :frustrated:

DD was not that bad previously but lately it seems to be getting out of hand. The sitting was all the while cos DD behaves more like a boy than a girl. But the mess, it was not always like that. I gave up reminding her. Then suddenly, everything will be spick and span and in their rightful places. For a while anyways. Before it is all out of place again and if I leave it alone long enough, somehow DD will clean up after herself again.

Now the challenge is making sure my maid can outlast my DD in this waiting game. And I warned my maid no nagging. :laugh:

Funz, thank you for sharing the above.

Ah boy treats his bed like a table. I had to threaten to throw out the bed when the issue became intolerable to me - coins n notes. He says I dun put my head on this side.

I hv decided to leave his mess alone. Enough for me. Passing this impossible mission to his better half.

A half of my life has passed. I can to live it not being a nag for the rest of my life.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:21 pm

Ah boy is back home today. Spent the past few days at granny's place.

:xedfingers: :pray: I continue to shut my mouth.

Managed to go OG shopping today, last day 20% discount.

Water bottle - elder boy
Mini Pak-Heat handwarmer
Sabrina Warm Pile stockings - trying this
Nightgowns
wakai shoes
titbits for ME :wink:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby icy_mama » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:19 pm

guess it's more than 6 hours since ah boy came home. u doing ok?

icy_mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:06 pm

icy_mama wrote:guess it's more than 6 hours since ah boy came home. u doing ok?

Ya, resisted the urge to nag- keep your clothes, bring out the dirty laundry, wash your water bottle, off the computer.

Hahahaha

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres