Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby slmkhoo » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:27 am

Jennifer wrote:The previous setup was a short extension hose inserted into a drainage hole next to the WM.

Sometimes, the soapy bubbles r formed around the outlet.

So I bou a longer hose to use a bigger drainage hole in the yard.

I had difficulty inserting the WM pipe deep inside the extension hose.

If you get soapy bubbles, maybe you should change to a low-suds detergent or use less?

The wire ties may not help much since they are tied around the part which looks quite stiff. Does the WM hose extend to the softer part of the extension hose? If so, it may be more effective to tie it there. Duct tape around the join will help too, and it is much stickier than masking tape.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:38 am

slmkhoo wrote:
Jennifer wrote:I had difficulty inserting the WM pipe deep inside the extension hose.

If you get soapy bubbles, maybe you should change to a low-suds detergent or use less?

The wire ties may not help much since they are tied around the part which looks quite stiff. Does the WM hose extend to the softer part of the extension hose? If so, it may be more effective to tie it there. Duct tape around the join will help too, and it is much stickier than masking tape.

Sometimes, I add another half of scoop of washing powder (now using Attack). I dun like Persi, it does not seem to wash thoroughly.

It is very hard to push the WM hose into the softer part of the extension hose.

:sad:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:09 pm

Had a migraine since morning. Panadol did not help.

Spoilt my shopping plan :gloomy:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby starlight1968sg » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:28 pm

Now I understand your need to connect the 2 tubes.
Next to the base of my WM, there is a hole which I can insert the WM's tube into, so the water is drained straight into the hole.
If I want to drain the water into the bathroom, then I would need to connect the tubes. But I dont do so.

If the tube that connects to your WM can be replaced with a longer one, guess it may help to solve your issue.

The small tube into the big tube may not work that well bec soapy water may leak out. Unless you can secure the two with lots of tape used for plumbering, this type of tape is quite water resistant.

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby schweppes » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:01 pm

starlight1968sg wrote:The small tube into the big tube may not work that well bec soapy water may leak out. Unless you can secure the two with lots of tape used for plumbering, this type of tape is quite water resistant.

Had a similar situation in the past and dh always uses lots of musking tape (get the good quality ones) to secure the two tubes together. No problem with leakage. :xedfingers:

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Jennifer » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:14 am

Did a final round of mktg at the wet mkt morning.

No need to cook for the tmr lunch n dinner. The children have stuff to do in school.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby slmkhoo » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:25 am

schweppes wrote:
starlight1968sg wrote:The small tube into the big tube may not work that well bec soapy water may leak out. Unless you can secure the two with lots of tape used for plumbering, this type of tape is quite water resistant.

Had a similar situation in the past and dh always uses lots of musking tape (get the good quality ones) to secure the two tubes together. No problem with leakage. :xedfingers:

When you say masking tape, you mean the yellow-beige one? That is not very sticky or waterproof. To wind around the opening, you would need to use many rounds to get a good seal, I think. Duct tape, often black or grey, is very thick, sticky and waterproof.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby starlight1968sg » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:52 am

slmkhoo wrote: When you say masking tape, you mean the yellow-beige one? That is not very sticky or waterproof. To wind around the opening, you would need to use many rounds to get a good seal, I think. Duct tape, often black or grey, is very thick, sticky and waterproof.

Yes, use the black or grey duct tape.

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby schweppes » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:14 pm

slmkhoo wrote:
schweppes wrote:

When you say masking tape, you mean the yellow-beige one? That is not very sticky or waterproof. To wind around the opening, you would need to use many rounds to get a good seal, I think. Duct tape, often black or grey, is very thick, sticky and waterproof.

Yes, was referring to the beige ones. I thought we were using those and just wound the tape round and round and round.... Might be mistaken tho and cd be the black or green ones. Memory's quite bad lately :sweat:

Sorry Jen, am no help at all. :oops:

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Jennifer » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:40 am

schweppes wrote:
Sorry Jen, am no help at all. :oops:

:wink:

no problem

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster