Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.
slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:197

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by slmkhoo » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:07 pm

Jennifer wrote:
zbear wrote:I thot a lot of TCMs are now moving to prescribing capsules instead of brewing herbs?

I tried those.

I believe brewed ones should be more customised.

:xedfingers: can help me.

the brewing is kinda troublesome.

In China, quite a lot of the medical shops provide a brewing service. They have some kind of machine which will brew the stuff for you and you can collect it later (for a fee, of course). Do they do this in Singapore? I don't know because I've never used TCM.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:119

Post by Jennifer » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:33 pm

slmkhoo wrote:In China, quite a lot of the medical shops provide a brewing service. They have some kind of machine which will brew the stuff for you and you can collect it later (for a fee, of course). Do they do this in Singapore? I don't know because I've never used TCM.

I am not sure about this, did not ask the medical hall as I was already feeling unwell then.

Before I went to this physician last night, I called to check about the brewing. The aunt said it is not advisable to brew and keep, best to brew fresh and drink fresh.

Just drank the brew - luckily not too bitter.

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:86

Post by buds » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:07 pm

Whats the source for the migraine?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by Jennifer » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:35 pm

buds wrote:Whats the source for the migraine?

Wetness heat- direct translation

Did a google.

Lack of exercise
Wrong diet

Leading to digestive system prob.

qms
ClassMonitor
ClassMonitor
Total Likes:13

Post by qms » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:47 am

Jennifer wrote:I bou a brewing pot for $14.90 last night. It looks like a old fashion tea kettle, just a bigger size one.

Is your brewing pot automatic? I have a brewing pot that automatically shuts down once the water is left to a bowl. Very convenient. Made of 紫砂.

qms
ClassMonitor
ClassMonitor
Total Likes:13

Post by qms » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:49 am

slmkhoo wrote:In China, quite a lot of the medical shops provide a brewing service. They have some kind of machine which will brew the stuff for you and you can collect it later (for a fee, of course). Do they do this in Singapore? I don't know because I've never used TCM.

I know 宝中堂 offers such services.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by Jennifer » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:35 am

qms wrote:
Jennifer wrote:I bou a brewing pot for $14.90 last night. It looks like a old fashion tea kettle, just a bigger size one.

Is your brewing pot automatic? I have a brewing pot that automatically shuts down once the water is left to a bowl. Very convenient. Made of 紫砂.

Wow, so high tech.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by Jennifer » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:37 am

qms wrote:

I know 宝中堂 offers such services.

I went to this TCM for treatment, total 4 weeks. No improvement.

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:25

Post by starlight1968sg » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:39 am

Jennifer wrote: I went to this TCM for treatment, total 4 weeks. No improvement.

Tried western medicine?

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor
Total Likes:68

Post by schweppes » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:41 am

Hope you are feeling better, Jennifer. Do you think it's part of perimenopause? My digestive system is sluggish too. Was reading up on this and it was mentioned that migraines and digestive problems are sometimes caused by perimenopause.